RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

I need to rant!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-14, 11:15 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raylor4
I...
Anyway, he said we were fools not to buy the extended warranty and the car was sure to cause us major grief if we didn't buy what he was selling.
We looked him in the eye, said "We don't want a car that's going to fall apart." He then literally threw all our papers into the trash, we walked out and over to the salesman, told him what happened, and he said to come back "tomorrow at noon". ....
I would tell the salesman to COME TO MY HOUSE TOMORROW with the papers for me to sign. Give him the hour within the minutes and if he is late, no sale. You got to show them who is the boss here.

As for that financial guy who told me I have to buy the warranty, ... I got some choice words for him.
Old 05-27-14, 11:59 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry to hear you got taken advantage of by the finance guy.

Never go by the monthly payments to figure out the price you are paying for your vehicle.
I check every single line on the purchase order to make sure everything adds up.
When we bought an Outback a few years ago, I walked in with a Netbook and Excel calculations.
I did not sign any papers until all of numbers added up. Needless to say, the finance person did not try to sneak anything in.
No issues with the RX purchase either. I scrutinized every single number, even though I was tired from driving to Philly to pick it up. I made it very clear, if they tried any games, I would get back in my car and drive back.
Old 05-27-14, 12:30 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

USAA = 1.99% financing
Old 05-27-14, 01:14 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Financial manager called with apologies. She claims the guy made an honest mistake ( right) she promised us
A better deal ( no add-ons) and quoted rate. She offered the 2 packages for free but I declined.
Dealer is 6 miles away but the streets are flooding so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I will have my USAA
Dealer electronic check with me this time.
Anita I agree. I spent weeks looking for this car and I'm keeping it on my terms.
You've all helped a lot. Thanks
Old 05-27-14, 01:36 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Glad to hear they are working with you on the resolution. I hope you are able to enjoy your new RX without the dark cloud of a difficult purchase experience hanging over you.
Old 05-27-14, 01:55 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My experience at my local lexus dealer was OK. But I just picked up a 2014 Acura MDX for my wife to replace our minivan and THAT was horrible. I used USAA's car buying service and came to get the car with loan cert in hand- it was for 1.4% financing for 60 months....all they had to do was fax it to USAA. I handed it over, signed the other paperwork and left with the new car. 2 weeks later I got a notice in the mail from some shady, no-name bank who thanked me for my car loan with them. Turns out the dealer got a kickback from this bank- about $300 for every customer who finances with them. I called the finance guy, telling him to fix this, NOW. He said he couldn't do anything, and it was fine because all i had to do was re-fi with USAA. Tried to tell him that re-fi rates are much higher, which he denied. Thankfully, USAA went to bat for me, and let me refi for the same terms as the original loan. I will never have another auto loan with anyone else.

It was a slap in the face to realize that spending $57,000 on a car doesn't protect you against dishonest dealership practices.

It would call USAA, if you haven't already, and explain what happened. They may be willing to match or beat their rate, even though it is a refi.
Old 05-27-14, 02:15 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by viperdoc
My experience at my local lexus dealer was OK. But I just picked up a 2014 Acura MDX for my wife to replace our minivan and THAT was horrible. I used USAA's car buying service and came to get the car with loan cert in hand- it was for 1.4% financing for 60 months....all they had to do was fax it to USAA. I handed it over, signed the other paperwork and left with the new car. 2 weeks later I got a notice in the mail from some shady, no-name bank who thanked me for my car loan with them. Turns out the dealer got a kickback from this bank- about $300 for every customer who finances with them. I called the finance guy, telling him to fix this, NOW. He said he couldn't do anything, and it was fine because all i had to do was re-fi with USAA. Tried to tell him that re-fi rates are much higher, which he denied. Thankfully, USAA went to bat for me, and let me refi for the same terms as the original loan. I will never have another auto loan with anyone else.

It was a slap in the face to realize that spending $57,000 on a car doesn't protect you against dishonest dealership practices.

It would call USAA, if you haven't already, and explain what happened. They may be willing to match or beat their rate, even though it is a refi.
My husband called them this morning. No problem, he's been a USAA member for many years.
We have all our insurance with them.
won't be a refi. Lexus has agreed to redo the papers and USAA has issued me another electronic check.
Old 05-27-14, 02:22 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

My husband called them this morning. No problem, he's been a USAA member for many years.
We have all our insurance with them.
won't be a refi. Lexus has agreed to redo the papers and USAA has issued me another electronic check. Sandy

Sandy, I'm so glad to hear you get to go back to square one and start over. I was worried.
Ray A.
Old 05-27-14, 03:35 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Sandy, I'm VERY happy to hear that you're situation is getting cleared up! Take a good long drive, and relax in the comfort of your new RX!

No new car for me today, my salesperson called this afternoon with news that she's still waiting for the delivery of my RX. But to tell the truth, after reading these stories I need another day to brace myself for the "financial godzilla". Won't lie to ya, I'm a bit nervous! Wish me luck, but I'm really hoping with an already agreed upon out-the-door price, it shouldn't take too many times of saying "I don't want any extras" before they just let me sign (albeit with shaking hands.... ) lol

I'm *so* looking forward to driving my new baby home...its been such a long time coming....
Old 05-27-14, 03:57 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lexus Purchase

My last new car purchase was with Lexus of Riverside in California. I went in with my USAA check and no trade in. Told them what I was going to spend. They said pick out the color and options.

Great, they have the car on the lot. Then they started with the extras. I told them go ahead and put them on. But im not paying for them. They then started the dealership tap dance.

I said that's fine. Crown Lexus over in Ontario is still open. I see what they can do. Tap dancing stopped. They said ok. Then I said email me the all the numbers and I will read them over lunch. Tap dancing started again.

That went on for about an half an hour. Told them I was getting hungry. And was going to go get something to eat. As I walked out the Manager asked for my email address.

Had a nice lunch over at Victoria Gardens. Drove over to Crown Lexus. Showed them the numbers. They said the would match them. But the didn't have my color in FWD.

Drove back over to Riverside. Told them Crown can match the cost and throw in Valet key.

30 minutes later I walked out with the keys in my hand.

Next time bring your own financing. And sell you car to CarMax for cash. Get a quote from every Lexus internet department in your area.

Unless you willing to just get up and walk. The dealership will tap dance all over you every time.

Last edited by ISFWes; 05-27-14 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-27-14, 04:07 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoosiers
Sandy, I'm VERY happy to hear that you're situation is getting cleared up! Take a good long drive, and relax in the comfort of your new RX!

No new car for me today, my salesperson called this afternoon with news that she's still waiting for the delivery of my RX. But to tell the truth, after reading these stories I need another day to brace myself for the "financial godzilla". Won't lie to ya, I'm a bit nervous! Wish me luck, but I'm really hoping with an already agreed upon out-the-door price, it shouldn't take too many times of saying "I don't want any extras" before they just let me sign (albeit with shaking hands.... ) lol

I'm *so* looking forward to driving my new baby home...its been such a long time coming....
I'm sorry my disaster caused you concern on your big day. Just remember this is the first bad experience I've had at this dealership after buying 5 cars there. I love my salesman, my service guy, the guys in the parts department and all the receptionist. One bad apple ain't gonna get me down. Oh, did iI mention this finance guy just came to work here. He worked at a Nissan dealership previously. Nuff said!

I wish I could take it for a ride but the weather is horrible. I don't want to get it dirty. It's so bad I can't even back out of the garage to take some pictures.
Old 05-27-14, 04:37 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Sandy, I think it's safe to say you've taught that finance guy a few lessons on what not to do, LOL! I'm glad they've attempted to make you whole again by restoring it back to basically the original deal. They should do something for all the aggravation and wasted time. Dinner at a nice restaurant comes to mind I'm sure you'll figure something out. Have to give them credit for admitting their mistake and rectifying the situation. Sure, the reason was pretty lame but at least it didn't get ugly. And it's almost over.

Smart move staying home, the RX too of course. You can't get it all dirty before taking pictures for the RX family album
Old 05-27-14, 04:46 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

No need to apologize, Sandy! I'm always nervous when I buy a car, drives me nuts - want it so bad, but nerves get me every time! My local dealership has treated me very well so far, very patient and understanding. I'm sure tomorrow will go fine.

Hoping the weather clears up for you soon, we're expecting some rain tomorrow - but nothing like what you're describing!

Definitely looking forward to some pics of your new ride!
Old 05-27-14, 05:05 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Hoosiers, sorry your RX was delayed. At least it gives you time to practice saying no to the financial godzilla, LOL!! I'm sure all will go well. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 05-27-14, 05:15 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

My Beautiful Beast!!
Only picture I have. Taken at the dealers yesterday before things went bad

I need to rant!-img_0981.jpg

Quick Reply: I need to rant!