RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

First Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-14, 04:26 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
The first one is a very simple service:

**This complimentary service is performed at 6 months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first
Rotate tires and adjust tire pressures as required
Reset maintenance reminder light
Road test vehicle
Check installation of driver's floor mat
Inspect and adjust all fluid levels
Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested
Visually inspect brake pads, calipers and rotors

My dealer quotes 60 to 90 minutes.

Interesting. The first visit for any personalized settings and visual inspection is not at 1000 miles? In Canada this is the case (at 1600 km), then next one is at 5k miles (8k km) for the tire rotation, oil change, etc.

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

The IS is awesome. A fun handling car, with great power and fantastic looks. It's a lot of fun to own and drive. The power never gets old.

The RX is more "Lexus" than the IS, or at least what I've always considered Lexus to be. Smooth, quiet luxury. I get huge grins on my face driving it, from the shear refinement of it and the smooth way it does everything.

It allows us to have the best of both worlds.
Exactly right! (Though minus the "great power" for my 250 and more like "adequate power" )
Old 05-17-14, 05:51 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Interesting. The first visit for any personalized settings and visual inspection is not at 1000 miles? In Canada this is the case (at 1600 km), then next one is at 5k miles (8k km) for the tire rotation, oil change, etc.
corrado, the first two free services used to be 1k and 5k but Lexus eliminated the 1k when they switched to synthetic around February 2010. I had my 1k service by then but the 10k with oil change was added and I received an updated service manual too.

vartig, the first 5k/6 month service is considered minor. It usually takes less than an hour. Lots of checking this and that. And also the time to have personalized settings changed at no charge. The maintenance manual explaining all the services is with the other manuals.
Old 05-17-14, 08:56 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
corrado, the first two free services used to be 1k and 5k but Lexus eliminated the 1k when they switched to synthetic around February 2010. I had my 1k service by then but the 10k with oil change was added and I received an updated service manual too.

vartig, the first 5k/6 month service is considered minor. It usually takes less than an hour. Lots of checking this and that. And also the time to have personalized settings changed at no charge. The maintenance manual explaining all the services is with the other manuals.
Many of the bigger dealers still have the 1000 where they will do any programming; answer questions and check over vehicle; my dealer, the largest on the west coast and 2nd largest in the US still does to this day and many others in LA follow suit; especially in the more exclusive areas like Newport Beach, etc. Lexus Cares and many of their dealers take it to heart!!
Old 05-19-14, 08:19 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by raylor4
Vlad: I went to Lexus of Roseville, CA, with an appointment and the intention of having my rear hatch button set to power the back door opening.
The tech and a service person said this started in 2013, we have a 2011, yet on pg 625 my owner's manual says that "Power back door opening operation using the back door opener button can be changed by your Lexus dealer."
I'm going to call the service dep't on Monday to clarify.
Ray A.
Ray,

I would defer to other members to confirm for sure that your model year can be set for auto opening.
Sometimes, we get different results when it comes to customized settings, which depends on the dealer and their techs. Some are better at it, some are not.
Old 05-19-14, 11:12 AM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

The IS is awesome. A fun handling car, with great power and fantastic looks. It's a lot of fun to own and drive. The power never gets old.

The RX is more "Lexus" than the IS, or at least what I've always considered Lexus to be. Smooth, quiet luxury. I get huge grins on my face driving it, from the shear refinement of it and the smooth way it does everything.

It allows us to have the best of both worlds.
Couldn't agree more on the IS. I recently dropped off my LS for a major service and had the IS350 loaner car for two days. I enjoyed it thoroughly and will probably get it for my next daily driver car, provided that Lexus will improve its performance to par with the i335 and a bit better gas mileage.