RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Is "someday" now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-14, 12:03 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosiers
Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate the help and advice found here. I'm SO comfortable with my decision today - its freaky - like the calm after a storm. I'm definitely SUPER excited for next week to get here.

Sandy, congrats on yours as well !

I'll post a pic or two in the appropriate thread as soon as I take delivery and drive her home. That drive home just may take me a few extra hours though. LOL

Sheila
Is it here yet? I'm excited for you.
Old 05-29-14, 03:54 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wanted to drop in with an update! The dealership called today with news they located a vehicle fitting my specifications. I thought about it one last time - and decided to take the plunge. My 2015 RX should arrive next week. By the way, I selected the Satin Cashmere / Parchment color combination.

The dealer had one on the showroom floor last week in that color combo (big red SOLD tag in windshield), seeing it in person solidified my decision on the colors.

Thanks for your advice and comments, I considered everything (hundreds of times over).

... A 15 year dream is almost reality ...
My dealer had quite a few Satin Cashmere in stock,,,by the way; if you look at listings on Cars.com and other big site; they will list it as "Beige" since it is the only color that does not HAVE a color in its name....
Old 05-29-14, 04:08 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there Sandy! Yes, my RX was received at the dealership mid-morning today!!! Unfortunately, I have to wait till tomorrow after work to actually take delivery - they were not able to get my car through the detailing and clean up in time. I COULD take time off tomorrow, but decided to save my leave for a much anticipated road trip later this summer. Maybe I'll see you somewhere on the road .

I'm very excited to finally take delivery....then drive it off the lot *knowing* that it is mine and I get to take it home for good... haha, just caught myself smiling while I typed that...seriously.

So how's your RX treating you this week, I've thought of you - and the horrible rain you had the day you took delivery. Did you get the paint & fabric protection?

Gosh, what a rush this whole experience has been....talk about hills and valleys of emotions. I'll post up a photo or two tomorrow night!!!

Sheila
Old 05-29-14, 05:50 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

That's great news!! Even better, you'll have the weekend to enjoy your new RX. BTW we won't tell if you call in sick tomorrow to go pick it up

Last edited by kitlz; 05-29-14 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-29-14, 07:25 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Anita, I would do the 'call in sick' thing except my boss was sitting at the lunch table when I took the 2nd call from dealership delaying pickup to tomorrow

Will post tomorrow on how it goes
Old 05-29-14, 08:25 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Hey there Sandy! Yes, my RX was received at the dealership mid-morning today!!! Unfortunately, I have to wait till tomorrow after work to actually take delivery - they were not able to get my car through the detailing and clean up in time. I COULD take time off tomorrow, but decided to save my leave for a much anticipated road trip later this summer. Maybe I'll see you somewhere on the road .

I'm very excited to finally take delivery....then drive it off the lot *knowing* that it is mine and I get to take it home for good... haha, just caught myself smiling while I typed that...seriously.

So how's your RX treating you this week, I've thought of you - and the horrible rain you had the day you took delivery. Did you get the paint & fabric protection?

Gosh, what a rush this whole experience has been....talk about hills and valleys of emotions. I'll post up a photo or two tomorrow night!!!

Sheila
We had a nice HOT sunny day. I took my baby out of the garage to take some photos and program the garage door. I still haven't driven it. The streets are still wet and I want it to stay new as long as possible. It will go back to the dealer Mon to get the illuminated door sills. My salesman is going to put them on so I'll probably have a loner for a day.
I'm really excited for you. Found myself smiling at you smiling & typing. I thought about you today and remembered my first RX . Tomorrow will be a very special day. Enjoy
Old 05-30-14, 08:40 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

OMG. I'm totally kicking myself in the butt for NOT buying this car 10 years ago. This vehicle is awesome! If anyone else out there is on the fence, take it from me...do not wait, just do it.

Here's a couple iPhone pics, taken at dealership before I signed the papers.

Old 05-31-14, 07:48 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

OMG. I'm totally kicking myself in the butt for NOT buying this car 10 years ago. This vehicle is awesome! If anyone else out there is on the fence, take it from me...do not wait, just do it.

Here's a couple iPhone pics, taken at dealership before I signed the papers.

I'm almost as excited as you. It's beyond beautiful.
Old 05-31-14, 08:50 AM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Sandy! Your's is too! Gosh I love this car.... I gotta tell you when I drove it home last night I *almost* cried when I pulled up to the house, seriously choked me up. I guess knowing my dream became reality sunk in, a totally -out of the blue -reaction. LOL. eh, us women are allowed to have those emotions, right?

Love every single inch of this car! Thinking I'll get my front windows tinted...lots more glass up front than I'm used to...thank goodness for ventilated seats!
Old 05-31-14, 10:12 AM
Kyle76
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife loves hers, which we bought about a month ago. We stepped up from an Avalon. Her only complaint is the clock placement. Weird position for a clock. She loves having a crossover, and she really loves having a Lexus.
Old 05-31-14, 10:44 AM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

I found myself looking for the clock last night, and again this morning...I figure that after driving the Impala SS for almost 10 years its just a matter of getting used to the new layout!
Old 05-31-14, 11:33 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Thanks Sandy! Your's is too! Gosh I love this car.... I gotta tell you when I drove it home last night I *almost* cried when I pulled up to the house, seriously choked me up. I guess knowing my dream became reality sunk in, a totally -out of the blue -reaction. LOL. eh, us women are allowed to have those emotions, right?

Love every single inch of this car! Thinking I'll get my front windows tinted...lots more glass up front than I'm used to...thank goodness for ventilated seats!
I'm almost jealous. Nothing as emotional as that first Lexus.
I encourage getting the front tint. Makes a big difference inside and looks so cool from the outside.