RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anybody have OEM allweather mats? (pics?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-14, 08:44 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anybody have OEM allweather mats? (pics?)

curious if anyone has any photos of their OEM all weather mats(preferably black) installed...just trying to see how they look in reality..stock photos dont do justice..
also how are they working out for you?
Old 04-28-14, 05:09 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll try to snap a photo later today. In a nutshell, I don't like them. They are not as nice as those for my 2004 RX.

Toyota, in their quest to avoid any future stuck gas pedal problems have made the all weather mats so small and thin as to be better called rain mats. If you drive in snow zones they are worthless at protecting your carpeting. The area under the gas pedal is totally uncovered. The mats are so thin as to not be able to keep melting snow from leaking into the carpeting.

I am considering WeatherTech before next winter.
Old 04-28-14, 05:24 AM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The stock photos are about what you get. Ours are usually dirty all Winter.
We have both styles. The OEM mats with the car have deeper profile with many small wells to contain melted snow.
The lighter OEM style are OK for later on in the year but don't cut it for a Winter climate.Basically just a rubber mat with the logo.
I just put the carpet mats back in this weekend & it's snowing again!
Old 04-28-14, 05:51 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't go wrong with http://www.huskyliners.com/search. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-28-14, 06:19 AM
greeknasty
Pole Position

good info..glad i havent bought yet..so weathertech, jusky..any other options?
Old 04-28-14, 09:03 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I've used Lloyd RubberTites in the RX for the past 10+ years. They're thin but heavy and show no wear whatsoever. It's a solid alternative if you don't like the WeatherTechs or Husky Liners. All three BTW, can be purchased from CL vendor, XenonDepot (aka KB Car Stuff linked above).
Old 04-28-14, 09:30 AM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info on this thread, I was wondering the same thing, but was leaning towards the WeatherTech All-Weather Mats and just ordered them:

http://www.weathertech.com/lexus/201...s-all-weather/

The site lists Front & Rear for $99, BUT if you are a AAA member, call in and mention it and get an additional 5% off...!

I will update this thread on my impressions of them, when I get them (in about a week)...
Old 04-28-14, 05:43 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by azinn
Can't go wrong with http://www.huskyliners.com/search. Just my 2 cents.
I am very happy with my Husky set. Per some other reviews on this forum, i found them to be cheaper than Weathertech and with a lifetime warranty.
Old 04-28-14, 07:14 PM
svidas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Weathertech FloorLiner DigitalFit which protects the floor very well, but they are smooth and slippery and any water on them could wick up onto a pants leg. They are good for winter or mud but I think the All-Weather may be better longer term.
Old 04-29-14, 09:02 PM
ThChinaman
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the WeatherTech all-weather ones as well but I do not like them as much as the digital fit ones. The all-weather do have more traction but they do not seem to be able to hold a spill as well as the digital fit. Also, the all-weather mats for the second row seats comes as two pieces, one per half of the car. The digital fit mat is one piece which seems much better because I always find the all-weather mat moved, sometimes pushed partially under the rear front seat after anyone has sat in the rear seat. The digital cargo cover is nice. I've had a spill in there before and it contained it nicely. Plus it also has pretty good grip, enough for my stuff to not slide around.
Old 04-29-14, 09:52 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThChinaman
I have the WeatherTech all-weather ones as well but I do not like them as much as the digital fit ones. The all-weather do have more traction but they do not seem to be able to hold a spill as well as the digital fit. Also, the all-weather mats for the second row seats comes as two pieces, one per half of the car. The digital fit mat is one piece which seems much better because I always find the all-weather mat moved, sometimes pushed partially under the rear front seat after anyone has sat in the rear seat. The digital cargo cover is nice. I've had a spill in there before and it contained it nicely. Plus it also has pretty good grip, enough for my stuff to not slide around.
I have had the "all weather" WeatherTech mats in my cars since 2004 and I love them. They are very heavy and don't move. The drivers mat has the holes for the clips which anchor them solidly to the floor from any slipping. The rear mats overlap each other in the RX and are so heavy they just don't move.

The best part of the "all weather" mats are the deep groves. If you live in an area of slush and snow like I do the deep groves are important for keeping your pant legs out of the water and dry.
I would think the type of mat you get it dependent on the type of weather you get in your area.
Old 04-30-14, 03:48 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by greeknasty
good info..glad i havent bought yet..so weathertech, jusky..any other options?
weathertec is the best!
Old 04-30-14, 09:46 PM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by greeknasty
curious if anyone has any photos of their OEM all weather mats(preferably black) installed...just trying to see how they look in reality..stock photos dont do justice..
also how are they working out for you?
here's my OEM all weather mats, not the best but works for me.

Old 05-01-14, 05:55 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

thanks for pics!
Old 05-01-14, 06:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

These are the OEM, 2013 RX all-weather mats which come as standard equipment in addition to the carpeted mats, in Canada. Not sure if the US-ones offered today are similar to these or like vince22 posted.

As you can see, they're OK coverage-wise and since I got them free, I can't complain, but certainly not as protecting as the aftermarket ones as suggested above.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have OEM allweather mats? (pics?)-rxmats1.jpg   Anybody have OEM allweather mats? (pics?)-rxmats2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anybody have OEM allweather mats? (pics?)