A very costly mistake to the steering spiral cable assembly
I would like to share my experience today with regards to my steering has 2 buttons not functioning gradually and also clicking sound when executing a turn.
The previous owner had tied a red thread as a sign of blessings from the temple monks. When I bought the car, i tried to extract that thread out but it suddenly got retracted inside. Thinking it was a small matter, I just let it be. But no, a big big mistake and costly one ! $370 in damage. Let me tell you why with pictures:
1. The steering spiral cable assembly. Using part number 84307-30090.
2. The thread was tied to this steering column. Showing the broken thread.
3. The thread was taken out by Toyota and I ordered the part, sensing that the spiral cable might be damaged in it.
4. I opened the old spiral cable to investigate. I noticed the red threads were all minced inside and stick to the ribbon cables.
5. One portion of the ribbon cable has an open circuit as the copper is exposed and broken.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!