RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Reasonable % off MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-14, 07:27 AM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Reasonable % off MSRP?

Hoping to go next week to look at a 13/14 RX and I just want to know what to expect. I'm hoping they give some good deals but I just want to be somewhat prepared. If they give me a crap deal I'll be quick to leave like Audi did to me last year. My plan will be to offer pay in full and see a price they can come up with. But any help would be appreciated. Also I know they give finance discount but will they also give normal discounts?
Thanks
Old 03-20-14, 08:01 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Offering to pay cash for your vehicle will not get you a discount. People do it all the time and to tell you the truth, they would rather you finance it. Your interest rate will depend directly on your credit rating.

To make sure you are getting the best price, you need to price your vehicle at several different Lexus dealers. Sometimes a little drive can save several thousand bucks.
Old 03-20-14, 08:10 AM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Gotcha thanks for your input
Old 03-20-14, 08:28 AM
lester123
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greeknasty
Hoping to go next week to look at a 13/14 RX and I just want to know what to expect. I'm hoping they give some good deals but I just want to be somewhat prepared. If they give me a crap deal I'll be quick to leave like Audi did to me last year. My plan will be to offer pay in full and see a price they can come up with. But any help would be appreciated. Also I know they give finance discount but will they also give normal discounts?
Thanks
Suggest you go to the website www.truecar.com Just put in answers to the questions and it will tell you what an "average deal" is and what others are paying
Old 03-20-14, 08:43 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

We have a pricing thread for the 14 RX here. Obviously go for an even higher discount if you choose a 13. And e-mail a few dealers to save yourself the face to face aggravation. Good luck.
Old 03-20-14, 09:34 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lester123
Suggest you go to the website www.truecar.com Just put in answers to the questions and it will tell you what an "average deal" is and what others are paying
Ditto................................................. and if your a veteran you can save a few more bucks @ www.USAA.com. They use the www.truecar.com software and give you a few more bucks for being a veteran. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-20-14, 11:40 AM
Lexipro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
NC is part of the southeast region so therefore you are looking at FWD. Forget 2013 since that model is almost 2 years old. Released May 2012. Non-navigation MSRP 47,030 you should be able to purchase for 42,300. If you want navigation then you are looking at $44,500 /MSRP $49,645. Go to the closest dealer and find what color combo you want. Then call the 4 closest dealers. Good luck.
Old 03-20-14, 12:10 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

thanks all..will let you know how it goes
Old 03-20-14, 01:32 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The dealership mAkes money when you use financing ( Lexus Financial Services)
So your cash is NOT king in this scenario.
You can shop for a very low APR AT Credit union.
My CU right now is offering 1.49%

If you really want to save money..
Ask your salesperson whICH RX has been sitting on the lot for months.
So you have to give up color and packages
I remember an RX F sport with 100 miles and been on the lot for 5 months.
Still being sold as NEW, even though we all know with this milage, it's probably a DEMO Car
And most Sales guy have taken this at home.

I didn't take it, but it's heavily discounted.
It was $9,500 off MSRP.

Last edited by markrivers; 03-20-14 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-20-14, 02:21 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be expecting say at least 10% off Msrp for 14's. Probably more on 13's.

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Offering to pay cash for your vehicle will not get you a discount. People do it all the time and to tell you the truth, they would rather you finance it. Your interest rate will depend directly on your credit rating.

To make sure you are getting the best price, you need to price your vehicle at several different Lexus dealers. Sometimes a little drive can save several thousand bucks.
Yea. You should compare quotes with different dealers in your area, even far ones.
Having dealers go against each other is the best way to get the lowest deals. Sometimes they may throw in a little more like free dealer maintenance or accessories.
Old 03-20-14, 02:50 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

You need to know the invoice then work from there. If you get +/- $500 of the invoice then call that is good enough.

10% off msrp is unrealistic since their markups for the RX line is about 5-6%.

Don't make yourself look unreasonable in the showroom. Good luck.
Old 03-20-14, 04:48 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

thanks. whats your opinions on service loaners? a salesman i talked to said he had a few of them just put out in the lot..and i know people like to drive the heck out of loaners but maybe lexus owners arent as rough? haha
Old 03-21-14, 01:14 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New RX

We still have a handfull of 2013s floating around Los Angeles. With the 2015 model on the way. Wonder what type of discount you could get?
Old 03-21-14, 04:13 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks. whats your opinions on service loaners? a salesman i talked to said he had a few of them just put out in the lot..and i know people like to drive the heck out of loaners but maybe lexus owners arent as rough? haha
totally depends on HOW much discount you can get.
if it's comparable to a 1 previous owner RX, then you should NOT take it.

Personally, i won't buy a loaner RX, not even a Demo car
Old 03-21-14, 05:30 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I think 5-7 percent off MSRP is about fair. What you can do is offer to finance it through Lexus financial to get a better deal, and then since there is no prepayment penalty, pay it off the first month

Quick Reply: Reasonable % off MSRP?