Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Navigation Option

Old 02-07-14, 05:07 PM   #1
sbkim
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default Navigation Option

Hello,

Sorry if this was discussed previously but can you order just the Navigation without getting the Package? I am seeing separate pricing on Edmunds etc for around $2K vs. $8K for the package on Lexus website. I believe the answer is NO but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
sbkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 06:24 PM   #2
cflutist
Driver

On my Installed Options List it shows the Nav System with the Backup Camera for $2775 (and the Enform, Dest assisit, eDestination, Sirius XM etc.)

Cheryl

2014 RX 450h AWD
cflutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 07:08 PM   #3
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion

Go to lexus.com, enter your zip, and it will show you what you can choose as options when you Build it.

corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-14, 07:14 PM   #4
PeteInGilr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Hello,

Sorry if this was discussed previously but can you order just the Navigation without getting the Package? I am seeing separate pricing on Edmunds etc for around $2K vs. $8K for the package on Lexus website. I believe the answer is NO but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks
My sales guy told me the 12 Western States all come equipped the same. IE: If you want Nav, then you get a certain amount of other options and you don't get a choice unless you "factory order".

My RX350 AWD came with Nav, 19' tires, ventilated seats, park asst, Premium Pkg, tow prep, wood steering wheel, cross bars, and cargo mat.
PeteInGilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 07:07 AM   #5
kitlz
Live. Love. Lexus.

sbkim, the Lexus website can be confusing with the 'packages' they offer. It's actually a combination of common packages and options people get based on your zip code. I would focus on the individual packages (i.e nav, comfort premium, luxury) and options (park assist) instead. Edmunds will list the prices for each as you've discovered. From there you can e-mail a few dealers with what you're looking for. Most nav-equipped RXs will have other packages like comfort and premium. But it won't cost $8K. Check out the 2014 RX pricing thread to see what others have paid. Good luck.

2010 RX450h - Sport/NAV/ML
2004 RX330 - gone
1999 RX300 - gone
kitlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-14, 07:51 AM   #6
sbkim
Rookie

Thank you everyone for the replies!
sbkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 01:02 PM   #7
carlrazor5
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Hello,

Thanks
Well if you are buying from Lexus website then it might not be possible because they offer a package with backup camera. However, if you order from aftermarket, you can surely get the navigation system and that too at a much less cost. There isn't any harm in getting from an outside source especially if they offer a cheap and a good unit.
carlrazor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 01:16 PM   #8
carlrazor5
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflutist View Post
On my Installed Options List it shows the Nav System with the Backup Camera for $2775 (and the Enform, Dest assisit, eDestination, Sirius XM etc.)
Boy, that is sure a lot of dollars. But what if someone like sbkim wants a single navigation unit, in that case this backup system would be a waste. They should start selling navigation systems separately. Its a while ago when I got a GPS system installed in my ride from aftermarket and it hardly affected my pocket and is good. I would suggest anyone to get it from them, a s I currently don't remember the vendor's name. I'll let you know sbkim by tomorrow for sure
Old 02-11-14, 01:10 PM   #9
carlrazor5
Driver School Candidate

Most of the companies provide a navigation system along with a backup camera, therefore, it costs a lot of money to people like me. Lexus does have good products but their price range is very high.
Old 02-11-14, 01:45 PM   #10
vlad_a
Lexus Test Driver

Why in the world would you buy a 90s tech at 90s price? I tried very hard to get my RX without the Navigation. Unfortunately, that was not easily possible.
vlad_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-14, 05:34 PM   #11
cflutist
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrazor5 View Post
Boy, that is sure a lot of dollars. But what if someone like sbkim wants a single navigation unit, in that case this backup system would be a waste.
Well I told the salesguy that my phone works just fine thank you, but discovered that all four RX450 hybrids on the lot had the Nav package (along with a whole bunch of other stuff). We use the backup system everytime we take the car out of the garage and have tried the NAV only twice, first when the salesguy drove the car home with me while hubby drove his truck, and second, after I downloaded a bunch of eDestinations (and folders) that I had setup on the MyLexus site.

2014 RX 450h AWD
Nebula Gray Pearl / Lt. Gray Leather / Ebony Bird's Eye Maple
First Lexus, First Crossover, and First Hybrid
cflutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 08:59 AM   #12
vlad_a
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Well I told the salesguy that my phone works just fine thank you, but discovered that all four RX450 hybrids on the lot had the Nav package (along with a whole bunch of other stuff). We use the backup system everytime we take the car out of the garage and have tried the NAV only twice, first when the salesguy drove the car home with me while hubby drove his truck, and second, after I downloaded a bunch of eDestinations (and folders) that I had setup on the MyLexus site.
There is not a single RX450h going to the United States without the Nav. It can only be custom-ordered this way, which makes price negotiations difficult, creates complications with trade-in values and rebates, as well as delays the delivery process by a few months.
vlad_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 10:44 AM   #13
Tom558
Pole Position

Quote:
Give destination assis a try. The folks are very helpful and load the destination found into the NAV system to get you on your way. I use Google in my non-nav Kia and find the RX system has some advantages, I like the double tone just at the location of the next turn. I use to have similar feelings about built in NAV systems but my wife and I like the RX system and the integration of the Destination Assist service.

Mine = 2012 Kia Sportage ~ Pretty Basic
Tom558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 10:53 AM   #14
Lexipro
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_a View Post
There is not a single RX450h going to the United States without the Nav. It can only be custom-ordered this way, which makes price negotiations difficult, creates complications with trade-in values and rebates, as well as delays the delivery process by a few months.
And as far as the RX350 goes only 7% of all vehicles come without navigation. However; all of those non-nav's do come with a back-up camera and a display audio screen.
Lexipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 11:40 AM   #15
carlrazor5
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_a View Post
Why in the world would you buy a 90s tech at 90s price? I tried very hard to get my RX without the Navigation. Unfortunately, that was not easily possible.
Yes, it is not easily possible especially if you are buying one from a lexus store. Considering other options can be of help to a person, like me.
Old 02-12-14, 11:40 AM