RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

LOLed at the Merc Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-14, 11:32 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Maybe they do, don't really know, haven't exactly thought about buying a car for its safety issues. It seems to be more of a given for me.

One thing MB cant match is the paint finish on Lexus vehicles apart from their designo range. The paint finish on Lexus always looks amazing .
I'm not here to defend MB or their paint quality. I'm a Lexus fanboy through and through. Just one that is grounded in reality.

Anita, believe they do:

Tele Aid and mbrace
Introduced as Tele Aid and later enhanced under the mbraceŽ banner, this continually advancing suite of security, convenience and navigation features can connect drivers to their vehicle or to Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance via smartphone, computer or three buttons inside the car. In 2012, the new mbrace2™ brought the Internet into the car, with new apps and expanded remote and in-car features.
mbusa website
Old 01-30-14, 03:59 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
I'm not here to defend MB or their paint quality. I'm a Lexus fanboy through and through. Just one that is grounded in reality.

Anita, believe they do:

mbusa website
I wasnt on about the paint quality. Thats all well and good, i meant the actual finishing of the paint. The hand wet sanding certainly shows on lexus vehicles.
Old 01-30-14, 04:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^Yeah, basically,with Lexus paint, most of their colors has depth. I remember my Bamboo Pearl Mica on the 2RX was the best definition of this. The paint gave off three different "colors" from silver, to beige, to a pale green, depending on lighting. Very complex, very luxurious and premium.

But it does seem to be more fragile (swirls, chips, etc) in my 6 Lexus' I've owned.
Old 01-30-14, 05:32 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Mercedes paint is harder and won't show swirls as fast but all of their colors have terrible orange peel.

Mbrace2 is so expensive. I cannot believe they charge for app integration.
Old 01-31-14, 09:23 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^Yeah, basically,with Lexus paint, most of their colors has depth. I remember my Bamboo Pearl Mica on the 2RX was the best definition of this. The paint gave off three different "colors" from silver, to beige, to a pale green, depending on lighting. Very complex, very luxurious and premium.

But it does seem to be more fragile (swirls, chips, etc) in my 6 Lexus' I've owned.
Yeah, Lexus paint is definitely softer but it looks so nice that I just dont care! The Starfire Pearl is definitely my favourite but i guess im biased! The Riviera red on the GS and the new atomic silver are also really really cool!
Old 01-31-14, 09:45 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RXSF
Mercedes paint is harder and won't show swirls as fast but all of their colors have terrible orange peel.
Agreed, their 2 versions of grey are phenomenal though (Mountain and Steel). Very close to the Grey that Lexus uses in terms of being lovely to look at.
Old 02-03-14, 08:38 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed, their 2 versions of grey are phenomenal though (Mountain and Steel). Very close to the Grey that Lexus uses in terms of being lovely to look at.
Which colours are you referring to? reason being, theyre called something else over here. I wonder why car makers change the names of the paints in different markets.

The only brand that doesnt do that as far as i know are Audi and BMW
Old 02-03-14, 09:11 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayaans
Which colours are you referring to? reason being, theyre called something else over here. I wonder why car makers change the names of the paints in different markets.

The only brand that doesnt do that as far as i know are Audi and BMW
Have to see it in the sun to appreciate them both though:

Mountain Grey Metallic:

Steel Grey Metallic:
Old 02-03-14, 09:52 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have to see it in the sun to appreciate them both though:

Mountain Grey Metallic:

Steel Grey Metallic:
Wow, the CLA has gotten some brutal reviews; too much plastic, made in Hungary, has really cheapened Mercedes name in my eyes, but never a fan; remember the stiff saddle like leather the first time I rode in one!!
Old 02-04-14, 09:43 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dctex99
Wow, the CLA has gotten some brutal reviews; too much plastic, made in Hungary, has really cheapened Mercedes name in my eyes, but never a fan; remember the stiff saddle like leather the first time I rode in one!!
I thought the CLA ride was way too hard.

Mountain grey is called the same over here but steel grey is called tenorite grey in the UK.

Not a fan of grey tbh, they look OK, but not POP enough for me