RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Destination Assist

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 05:48 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg
I find eDestination and Destination Assist indispensable. Preplanning a trip and download it to the navigation and when on the trip asking for specific or general locations. Most often asking for "brushless car washes".

In five years don't remember a location not being downloaded. Cell network busy a few times and the amount of time the assistant chats with you has shortened over the years.

I like the service and perhaps a bit of a luxury. Price consistent and refunded unused amount when you sell or trade the car. A no hassle service I'll keep.

I recentlly had a download issue where the assistant had sent the download but it did not come through. It seems lately it has taken a long time for them to pick up, and somtimes it just disconnects and you have to try again. I did not have this problem with my 2010 or 2012, but I have on the 2015.
Old 04-01-15, 05:43 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Lightbulb

For folks that have or are encountering challenges with these Lexus offerings, I hope you take a few moments to report your lack of satisfaction and as many specifics as you can (date/time/location would be great!) to Lexus, with what comes across to me by some of these comments as a possible declining service level. Reporting here is fine to vent and perhaps help one's soul, but it does not ensure Lexus themselves ever reads it or is provided an opportunity to improve with their own "pursuit of perfection".

As someone who spent nearly all his career in service technology jobs, including establishing worldwide 7x24 call centers for business critical systems, direct constructive customer feedback is an important way for management to know what's really going on and what may need fixing to ensure the service being delivered is at the expected quality level. To make it simpler for you to do that, Lexus US can be reached via phone/email/snailmail on THIS SITE or you could post your feedback on the new Lexus Customer Service Forum here on CL.

On my own behalf, as a fellow Destination Assist user, thank you in advance. Your feedback may be what it takes to ensure others, including myself, continue having no issues when using the service -- or that Destination Assist provides a better experience for you and your family one day.
Old 04-02-15, 10:32 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BertL
For folks that have or are encountering challenges with these Lexus offerings, I hope you take a few moments to report your lack of satisfaction and as many specifics as you can (date/time/location would be great!) to Lexus, with what comes across to me by some of these comments as a possible declining service level. Reporting here is fine to vent and perhaps help one's soul, but it does not ensure Lexus themselves ever reads it or is provided an opportunity to improve with their own "pursuit of perfection".

As someone who spent nearly all his career in service technology jobs, including establishing worldwide 7x24 call centers for business critical systems, direct constructive customer feedback is an important way for management to know what's really going on and what may need fixing to ensure the service being delivered is at the expected quality level. To make it simpler for you to do that, Lexus US can be reached via phone/email/snailmail on THIS SITE or you could post your feedback on the new Lexus Customer Service Forum here on CL.

On my own behalf, as a fellow Destination Assist user, thank you in advance. Your feedback may be what it takes to ensure others, including myself, continue having no issues when using the service -- or that Destination Assist provides a better experience for you and your family one day.

Bert, stupid question but destination assist only works for people with the factory nav. correct?
Old 04-02-15, 10:48 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus114
Bert, stupid question but destination assist only works for people with the factory nav. correct?
Correct. It's basically the capability that allows one to press a button, the car uses its own internal cell phone to connect with a live operator; you tell them where you want to go and they transmit the destination back down to your car's Nav that then takes over to get you where you want to go.
Old 04-02-15, 06:18 PM
justin1203
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BertL
Correct. It's basically the capability that allows one to press a button, the car uses its own internal cell phone to connect with a live operator; you tell them where you want to go and they transmit the destination back down to your car's Nav that then takes over to get you where you want to go.
Another question .....

I have a '10 with nav; do I have this? I do not have the SOS button
Old 04-03-15, 02:45 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

justin1203, it sounds like you have one of the early builds that didn't come with Safety Connect/Destination Assist. Lexus introduced it back in August 2009. Which means you have a sunglass holder where the SOS button should be.
Old 04-03-15, 08:22 AM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Destination Assist is not available after market but OnStar is. Depending on the features you are interested in this may offer an alternative.