RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

RX 350/450h e Destination experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-13, 03:17 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RX 350/450h e Destination experience

What i want to do:

Search for places using the website AND then use the vehicle navigation to update it wirelessly.

I can count the number of times i have used Lexus Enform and e destination.
i prefer to use the navigation and type the address myself OR search for POI.

Anyway, i'm on my 3rd month of the trial and it seems every time i try to use " E destination",
( through the Lexus driver's website)
i'm being redirected to the Welcome page, where it explains the benefit of e destination.
i already have an account since day 1 and i believe all the softwares are updated on my 2013.

i have the iPhone app as well.
i have tried using the feature 7-10 times sporadically for the past 3 months, STILL the same result.

am i missing something here?
Anyone else have success using this feature?
Old 11-09-13, 04:46 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mark,

I have a 2013 RX450h with Nav and Enform. I just logged on to the Lexus Drivers site, selected the eDestination icon, was taken directly to the search screen, searched an address, added it to a folder, sent to my RX, went out to my truck , and brought the updates down. No extra steps.

When I initially signed up for Enform services about 18 months ago, my net impression ended up being that the various Lexus online sites and services do not necessarily have common user profile/password capability... Meaning, as a X-computer systems guy, it comes across to me that some of their systems were patched together, not "built together" if you get my drift, and it was possible for some things to not be connected together from a user perspective behind the scenes as one would think should occur. I called Enform Services on a weekday (the people that do eDestination didn't at least at the time work weekends or 7x24), and after a couple of transfers talked to a really nice lady that knew what my problem was and within 5 minutes, she had me working -- I have been ever since. She had to delete and edit some of my profiles or something technical between various internal systems that had gotten mixed up or out of sync some way or other, and voila! (I still wish Lexus would just use google maps like their major competitors do for similar address/POI sending capability, but that's another story for another thread.)

Give a call to the Enform folks on Monday -- well, maybe Tuesday if they are taking Monday as a holiday -- and ask for them to help you. Hopefully they can. Good luck.
Old 11-09-13, 07:44 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Bert!

Once again, you explained everything. Crystal clear.
You hit the nail on the head. I'm above average, technology wise but the number of usernames and password is getting confusing.

I'll give them a call this week.

Thanks again!
Old 11-09-13, 08:39 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

went out to my truck
I saw that Bert !!

I went out to my car....

When i enter my password on the driver's page, the page blanks out to white and then comes back. An indication password has been accepted, plus the page then shows an RX, my vin number and the color of my RX. Indicators the password was accepted.
Old 11-09-13, 09:56 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Have used it flawlessly for three years now and have never had a problem. Have probably searched and entered about 200 items into various folders. It doesn't sound like your account is set up properly, give the Enform people a call and see if they can verify that the system is working properly.

Can you see the maintenance history on your vehicle, even the Dealer prep is usually shown in the history. I can switch back between my two Lexus' with no problem on the same screen.
Old 11-10-13, 12:30 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Have used it flawlessly for three years now and have never had a problem. Have probably searched and entered about 200 items into various folders. It doesn't sound like your account is set up properly, give the Enform people a call and see if they can verify that the system is working properly.

Can you see the maintenance history on your vehicle, even the Dealer prep is usually shown in the history. I can switch back between my two Lexus' with no problem on the same screen.
Yup! i can see the dealer prep.

Service History for VIN: 2T2ZK1BA4DC130674

Sort By:

SERVICE TYPE DATE SERVICE PROVIDER MILEAGE REPAIR # DESCRIPTION
Dealer Reported 08/26/2013 Lexus of Valencia 10 0054245 COMPLETED PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION
Dealer Reported 08/26/2013 Lexus of Valencia 10 0054245 INSTALLED LICENSE FRAME AND INSERTS
Dealer Reported 08/26/2013 Lexus of Valencia 10 0054245 WASH AND VACUUM COMPLETED

i also have the Welcome ( Mark R.) beside the "LOG OUT" icon.

Now, navigating to the e destination search or e destination folder
here's what i get

DESTINATION SERVICES OVERVIEW
Lexus Enform®[1][2][3] extends the capabilities of your vehicle's available Navigation System[4] through eDestination and Destination Assist. eDestination allows you to plan trips from home using an exclusive online search tool - or via your mobile phone with the Lexus Enform app. Destination Assist provides live navigation assistance from the 24-hour Lexus Enform response center. Both features seamlessly transfer destinations to your vehicle's Navigation System. Planning trips has never been so fast, easy and convenient.

And, for owners of 2013 and newer Lexus models, Lexus Enform App Suite offers the ease and convenience of using popular mobile applications in your vehicle.[5]

eDestination
eDestination is an exclusive online tool that allows you to enter destinations into your Lexus Navigation System[4] - without being anywhere near your vehicle. To use eDestination, though, you must have a LexusDrivers.com account. Once you create your Lexusdrivers.com account, simply visit the eDestination page to search for locations you'd like to visit.

With eDestination, you can save up to 200 destinations and organize them in up to 20 folders. Once saved, you can add notes to each destination, name the folders and send them wirelessly to your vehicle's Navigation System. Then, in your vehicle, simply download the information to the car's navigation system.

Require even more mobility? Download the Lexus Enform app for iPhone® and Android™[6]. It features a mobile version of eDestination, allowing you to set and send destinations from virtually anywhere. Visit Lexus Mobile Link to check for mobile compatibility and view corresponding instructions.

Destination Assist
Destination Assist makes using your vehicle's Navigation System[4] more convenient with push-button access to a 24-hour response center. Response center agents use the most up-to-date information available to help you find a specific address or business. Agents can search by business name or type of business.

i will definitely give them a call this week

thanks everyone!
Old 11-10-13, 05:21 AM
BertL

Originally Posted by markrivers
Thanks Bert!

Once again, you explained everything. Crystal clear.
You hit the nail on the head. I'm above average, technology wise but the number of usernames and password is getting confusing.

I'll give them a call this week.

Thanks again!
Mark, NP. I think what you'll end up with when you get the userids sorted out with the Enform folks is two sets of userid/passwords that work like this:
  1. Lexus Driver's Site (Lexus.com), which is the same userid/PW you'll use with the iOS apps and will provide you web access to Enform services
  2. Lexus Enform, for when you have to deal with registration/payment of the service, and contacting Customer Care related to your profile and such
...at least that's what I have working for me today, in addition to my Lexus Advisory Board, Lexus Dealer Club Card (for parts/service discounts as a "valued customer"), and of course Club Lexus unique user/password combinations. I also suggest you not get sidetracked with vehicle history -- it is only tied to Lexus.com and has nothing to do with Enform registration that I can determine, esp as it works for anyone with a valid VIN if you have Enform service or not.

My problem if I remember right was I had two registrations for Enform (being my anxious self to try everything out and build the review of my 2013 for this site, I registered myself online a couple hours after taking delivery before I found out later that my dealer created one a day or so after that when they processed the paperwork from my sale) and those online Enform registrations didn't hook right or somehow collided behind the scenes to the one I had from Lexus.com so I could consistently get to the online website. Some things worked through certain paths to the Enform site, but not others -- just like you are saying you're encountering. THAT is what led me to believe I had some sort of registation/userid problem across their systems, and was validated once I got to the Enform technical support folks who sorted it out.

Good luck once again.
Old 11-11-13, 04:48 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Problem Solved!

BertL was right. ( i never doubted it!)
Customer service asked me to deactivate the account and then Re-register the RX.
Same username, same password, same email address.

The problem was, conflict between the account set up by the dealer and the one i created at home.

Thanks again BertL and Evitzee!
Anyone who owns a Lexus should have your number on Speed dial. LOL!
Old 11-11-13, 05:05 PM
BertL

Glad it all worked out!