RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Replacement wiper blades with instructions (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 02:08 PM
K1200ltc
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good point. The Valeo part is R-14H which I previously had on my Highlander. I think I like the OEM blade from Toyota for this application better.
Old 10-21-13, 02:48 PM
capcap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any good outlets to purchase the blades? Amazon charges $14 for the 22" and $15 for the 26". Is that reasonable?
Old 10-21-13, 03:04 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by capcap
Any good outlets to purchase the blades? Amazon charges $14 for the 22" and $15 for the 26". Is that reasonable?
As mentioned by the OP you can go to rockauto.com as an example. To save yourself shipping charges you might try your local auto parts store (Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, O'Reilly Auto Parts,...) to see what they have in stock. While the Amazon.com prices may seem a bit high you need to keep in mind that you will not be paying any shipping charges, assuming you are buying direct from Amazon and not from one of their vendors, on the order. Most other places you will pay a fee if you have them shipped.
Old 10-21-13, 03:08 PM
K1200ltc
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am OK with the price as you are getting the whole blade assembly, not just the rubber part. They are definately a premium product IMHO, so a little more expensive, just like everything else on our Lexus'

Moderator: "Move to Best replacement wiper blades?" thread if you wish. Sorry, I didn't see it, was before my time.
Old 10-21-13, 03:16 PM
ehfour
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had great luck with Valeo brand wipers on my Audis!

Glad to hear they are available and work well on the RX
Old 10-21-13, 03:27 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Valeo on my other cars and I typically get about 2 years life out of them. I would buy them from Tirerack and get their buy one get one free special so I only pay $20. While the Valeo is thin, low profile blade I still prefer the look of the OEM blade.
Old 10-22-13, 10:44 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tried different blades for RX in the past 4+ years but I am back to using the oem. I saved the OEM blade holder just in cases I wanted to refit the OEM and I am glad I did. OEM does really good in heavy snow [remember the snow of 09-10 winter?] and in higher speed condition.
Old 10-22-13, 10:57 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

Trico Teflon Shield blades are allegedly the OEM blade. I got some at Rock Auto for about $4 on their big distributor close out (they are in relabeled packaging). They look just like the OEM blades. They work well so far.
Old 10-22-13, 11:09 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

blade holder probably is more important since 26 inch is fairly long and will require more "pressure" points to give equal swipe. OEM holder also performed really good in heavy snow like a winter blades with rubber cover.
Old 10-22-13, 01:07 PM
heisnuts
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sightdev
I have tried different blades for RX in the past 4+ years but I am back to using the oem. I saved the OEM blade holder just in cases I wanted to refit the OEM and I am glad I did. OEM does really good in heavy snow [remember the snow of 09-10 winter?] and in higher speed condition.
Why would you want to switch out the OEMs in the first place? I have found the OEMs do a really nice job of clearing the window and when they start to streak I can stop in with my Lexus dealer and pick up a new set of inserts for less than what you guys are quoting here for new aftermarket blades.
The following users liked this post:
tonyro56 (11-10-21)
Old 10-22-13, 06:46 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 on getting the inserts.
After 8 years of alternate wipers, different brands, i feel like i have tried them all.
The following users liked this post:
tonyro56 (11-10-21)
Old 10-22-13, 09:23 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

My OEM blades flutter at the bottom end of the driver's side blade. They don't make a nice smooth swipe. But then I only used them for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I have had the RX since January. It is pretty arid here and we rarely need them, and we carpool a great deal of the time in another vehicle so the RX is mostly only driven on weekends. I was thinking about trying the Trico or Bausch blades. It sounds like many of you have tried some of those other brands and tend to prefer the OEM blades. Now I am thinking perhaps I should give those OEMs another try.
Old 10-23-13, 11:31 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Why would you want to switch out the OEMs in the first place? I have found the OEMs do a really nice job of clearing the window and when they start to streak I can stop in with my Lexus dealer and pick up a new set of inserts for less than what you guys are quoting here for new aftermarket blades.
what do you mean "switch out the OEMs in the first place"? you have never done that? lot of folks switch out the blades to fit their needs and sometimes from their past experiences. only reason I kept the blade arm for my current RX was because it wasn't the typical universal design. blades I have used on RX were blades I had good experiences with but none of them were 26 inches long so that may have been the reason why it was "less" than I expected. many of the replacement others are discussing here are all good replacements I have tried [I have four vehicles] and are all good replacements but I have decided to refit the OEM on my RX for my needs.
Old 10-23-13, 11:57 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Long lasting blades

This one is for the books. I regularly wash my 2010 RXh and when I do, I clean the blades with the wash mit and rinse them while they're up in the air. I also keep the car in the garage. FWIW, I am still getting good use of my original blades with 55K on the car both front and rear.

I'll probably change them in the spring just because they're 'old' .
Old 10-23-13, 12:29 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Definitely one for the books, Cruiter. You are doing it right. Cleaning with regular soap and water on a regular basis is not only good for the inserts but also for your windshield.

Quick Reply: Replacement wiper blades with instructions (merged threads)