RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-14, 08:43 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First bath this past Saturday, via the Garry Dean Wash Method (1 gallon water)...what?!?! And his Infinite Use Detail Juice. I'm hooked on the "juice", seriously good stuff. Then on Sunday, I ran a fine-grade nano-skin sponge over the entire car (used lots more detail juice). After drying it, I swear it felt like it was satin, just incredibly soft and smooth and oh, so shiny! Really wish the weather cooperated this past week so I could have gotten a good outdoor, sunlit photo...best I can show you is a garage shot....

AND, today, my new sills were delivered - thanks to Sewell !! Just finished installing them, many thanks to ALL who posted up hints and tips. Freaked a little when the first one didn't light up, until I read where the dome light needs to be set to ON when door open... whew....

With flash:

Without flash:
Old 06-30-14, 05:05 AM
acitydwelr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Yurka
Finally dropped the ES loaner today and picked up my baby, gave it a full bath and cleaned the inside too. So happy to drive RX again
Hi Yurka,
May i ask what type of guard you have over the front license plate? NYC is full of inconsiderate drivers and keeping the bumpers and doors ding free is nearly impossible so i was wondering if that license plate thing works? btw, sweet looking ride!
Old 06-30-14, 07:31 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by brendan999
New wheels
wow! what wheels/tires are they? I have a black/black RX as well. i like the look!
Old 06-30-14, 05:36 PM
ChitChat
Rookie

How do you remove the center caps from the wheels?

Originally Posted by vince22
DIY Plasti-Dip F-Sport center cap for $5

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-04-14, 05:22 AM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the center caps. How did you cover the "L" so that only the background was sprayed black with the pastic dip?
Old 07-04-14, 12:32 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Drove it 1,300 miles ( Los Angeles, CA to Vancouver, B.C.)

celebrating 4th of July north of the border

[IMG]Untitled by Mark Jefferson Rivera, M.D., on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by markrivers; 07-04-14 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-04-14, 01:27 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

More like what I'm doing to the RX today. Day 1+ of the semi annual detail. Didn't let the rain stop me. I managed to get the interior done between drops. Tomorrow, polish and seal. And a spider decided to make his home in the wheel well. Had to kick him out.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?-img_0593.jpg   What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?-img_0596.jpg  
Old 07-04-14, 08:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ I thought I was the only one with spidy friends in my wheel wells!
Old 07-04-14, 08:34 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosiers
First bath this past Saturday, via the Garry Dean Wash Method (1 gallon water)...what?!?! And his Infinite Use Detail Juice. I'm hooked on the "juice", seriously good stuff. Then on Sunday, I ran a fine-grade nano-skin sponge over the entire car (used lots more detail juice). After drying it, I swear it felt like it was satin, just incredibly soft and smooth and oh, so shiny! Really wish the weather cooperated this past week so I could have gotten a good outdoor, sunlit photo...best I can show you is a garage shot....

AND, today, my new sills were delivered - thanks to Sewell !! Just finished installing them, many thanks to ALL who posted up hints and tips. Freaked a little when the first one didn't light up, until I read where the dome light needs to be set to ON when door open... whew....

With flash:

Without flash:
Love these and miss them in my 2RXh.
Old 07-07-14, 08:53 AM
K1200ltc
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed body side mouldings on my 2010

My 'new to me last year' 2010 has been awaiting a body side moulding kit in the Black Sapphire Metallic 8U0 color which is now available from Sewell. Ordered and installed without any problems. Directions w/ kit give excellent details on how to prep, measure & install. They look really great.
Old 07-08-14, 06:08 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Still curious about those center caps. How did you cover the "L" so that only the background was sprayed black with the pastic dip?
Old 07-09-14, 11:43 AM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LED fog lights look great!
Old 07-09-14, 11:44 AM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The lighted door sills look very nice. I assume you had the non-lighted version previously.
Were the lighted version snap-in? with all the wiring already there?

Old 07-09-14, 01:36 PM
LionLungz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Currently:
22x9 Savini wheels with 265/35/22 Good Year Eagle A/S.
Thule aero roof rack.
Weather Tech all season floor and cargo mats.
Viper smart start with alarm and GPS.
5000K gp thunder daytime running light bulbs.
On Order:
JDM Visors ordered from LTuned.
Blue illuminated door sills ordered from Sewell.
Thinking about:
Thule Side kick silver and black.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?-img_4156.jpg   What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?-img_4206.jpg   What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?-img_4158.jpg  
Old 07-09-14, 08:38 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sc400
The lighted door sills look very nice. I assume you had the non-lighted version previously.
Were the lighted version snap-in? with all the wiring already there?

Yes, my originals sills were non-lit. Tried to talk dealership into throwing them in at delivery, but they wanted $800+ for parts and labor.

The wiring was already there, just had to remove the old sills, then plug the new ones into the existing wiring and carefully pop them into place. There is a protective cap on the new sills plug that you have to remove before you connect it to the car wiring.

I figure it took me about 15-20 minutes total - and only took that long because I had to research to confirm that what I thought was the "R" and "L" sides of the car was correct...that, and the sills didn't light up and I worried it was defective, but found posts on Club Lexus that reminded folks to hit the switch that turns on the dome lights when the doors are opened. Bingo....lighted sills.

Sewell also has a video on how to install. I watched that and read the hints and tips from folks here. Great Club Lexus price from Sewell and 3 or 4 days from ordering to delivery. Total cost from Sewell was very close to what it would have cost if I ordered the car from factory with illuminated sills. Cant wait to show my salesperson what I did for half the price they wanted to charge me.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?