RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

I hate buyers remorse

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-13, 09:10 AM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I hate buyers remorse

Bought a RX450h back in June. It has 50k on it non CPO. Back when I was shopping dealers had some with 60K for same price similar equippment. Well I get a call back Friday from a dealer I contacted a couple months ago and they have a CPO one with 10K less miles and only $1,000 more. It even has the luxury package and ML. I'm so bummed. This is on the west coast and would obviously cost me $1000- $1,300 to drive/ship it but man. I'm trying to be positive about this. Someone convince me otherwise ML, power folding mirrors, side view monitor and CPO isn't worth it... :P

Last edited by CometVR4; 07-23-13 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Changed to 450
Old 07-22-13, 09:51 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Car purchases are like buying electronics. One must make the best decision for themselves at the time, knowing the moment the purchase is made, it's value decreases and there will be another model with some new something to get you excited the next day.

Looks like you have multiple vehicles from your signature line -- if you're like me, I purposely stagger my purchases so that if my present vehicle does not have some feature I decide I want, my next one will. e.g. my SLK I ordered in January that is on a ship, just a couple days from being offloaded to the MBZ VPC before I take delivery, has the latest goodies, including their version of BSM that I missed being able to include with my 2013 RX450h special order by 3 months (and that bums me out on my otherwise fully optioned RXh, but I still love it!)

Enjoy your RX and don't look back.
Old 07-22-13, 10:57 AM
RX350NY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's fair to have buyers remorse for purchasing cars. You made the best decision with what you were given. Drive your car, and love your car.

I use to buy a car then keep looking around and then I found better prices, or a package that was included that I didn't have. It would get me a little upset and then I started to dislike my car. Finally I decided not care and just appreciate what I have.
Old 07-22-13, 12:02 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Me too. I stopped looking at dealer listings because I would see a RX newer, lower miles and better price

But at least they all had same options. Thats bummer to miss the Luxury package with ML. Hopefully no AWD or I would have buyers remorse again. haha
Old 07-22-13, 02:19 PM
ecr72
Driver

We lucked out and came across a 2010 CPO with Luxury, ML, AWD, and only 14K miles back in November. This was after looking at a bunch of ones with Comfort packages, so I have some perspective.

ML Stereo - I like it but others are not that impressed with it compared to other systems they've had in the past. I wouldn't fret too much over this unless you really dislike the stereo in the vehicle you purchased.

Side View Monitor - Ehh. It could help in some parking conditions but it's certainly nothing to get upset about not having.

Power Folding Mirrors - Umm, well, yeah. That's a bummer. Really nice feature IMO.

Semi-Analine Leather (not mentioned) - Double edged sword. Soft and supple. A real pleasure to sit on. However, I have a feeling it will wear out sooner than the standard leather.

CPO - Bummer. With a vehicle having 40-50K, it would be nice to have that added piece of mind.

I do a lot of this after buying a car and my wife can't stand it. I've only let it get to me once or twice where it bugged me the whole time I owned the car. Hopefully you don't take it too seriously, because you still bought a great car that will last a long time.
Old 07-22-13, 03:30 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Theres a trick to avoiding buyers remorse. Dont rush into any decision. Take at least 2 weeks to decide and finally, research carefully

Always worked for me and ive never had any buyers remorse, EVER
Old 07-23-13, 02:02 PM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rayaans
Theres a trick to avoiding buyers remorse. Dont rush into any decision. Take at least 2 weeks to decide and finally, research carefully

Always worked for me and ive never had any buyers remorse, EVER
Yeah, I thought I was doing the right thing. Searching for a perfect RX350 and decided to spend a little more and get the 450h. Search took almost 2 months.

My current one and the one listed is AWD.

Power folding mirrors are becoming more mainstream on cars now. I was at Home Depot and saw a Kia Rio parked with his mirrors folded in. I'm thinking that clown doesn't even have power folding mirrors. He gets in, starts it up and mirrors opened! My jaw dropped! I have it on my 335i and it definitely comes in handy!

I will try and be disciplined, stop looking at RX's and start my search for the perfect M3 or IS-F.
Old 07-23-13, 02:10 PM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CometVR4
Yeah, I thought I was doing the right thing. Searching for a perfect RX350 and decided to spend a little more and get the 450h. Search took almost 2 months.

My current one and the one listed is AWD.

Power folding mirrors are becoming more mainstream on cars now. I was at Home Depot and saw a Kia Rio parked with his mirrors folded in. I'm thinking that clown doesn't even have power folding mirrors. He gets in, starts it up and mirrors opened! My jaw dropped! I have it on my 335i and it definitely comes in handy!

I will try and be disciplined, stop looking at RX's and start my search for the perfect M3 or IS-F.
Surprisingly Audi dropped power folding mirrors. My 05 A6 had it and the 10 loaners didn't. Not sure about the current gen A6. Also Mercedes had it for a while on their C Class loaners, but later models don't have it either.
Old 07-23-13, 03:06 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Comet, I'm glad you're going to stop looking at RXs. It's not like your 450h is chopped liver. While that 350 has a few features you wanted, conversely you'd lose a few unique to the RXh. Folding mirrors were the only thing I would have liked on my RXh. But it was part of the luxury package and not available separately. Oh well, I can't miss something I never had. I'll appreciate it that much more on my next Lexus. No doubt you will too.
Old 07-23-13, 05:05 PM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by satnav
Surprisingly Audi dropped power folding mirrors. My 05 A6 had it and the 10 loaners didn't. Not sure about the current gen A6. Also Mercedes had it for a while on their C Class loaners, but later models don't have it either.
that's interesting....and even more so now that my '02 S8 has only 1 working folding mirror...guess they never quite perfected it ;-)

I just bought a very clean CPO'd 2010 RX350 two weeks ago. No remorse, it's just an appliance/baby hauler for the family and not my primary driver.

With the RX, folding mirrors would have been nice, esp. with my narrowish garage door, but after prioritizing colors, AWD, condition, mileage, CPO, heated/cooled seats etc I would have ended up looking for another 2-3 mo and baby is due is another week or so.

I've also stopped looking at used RXs, which feels strange since I've been looking for sooo long, first at '08-09s for a few months then more recently '10s.
Old 07-23-13, 07:46 PM
ecr72
Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
Comet, I'm glad you're going to stop looking at RXs. It's not like your 450h is chopped liver. While that 350 has a few features you wanted, conversely you'd lose a few unique to the RXh. Folding mirrors were the only thing I would have liked on my RXh. But it was part of the luxury package and not available separately. Oh well, I can't miss something I never had. I'll appreciate it that much more on my next Lexus. No doubt you will too.
I think he's comparing two RXh models, not a 350 vs. 450.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 07-24-13, 09:29 AM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CometVR4
Bought a RX450h back in June. It has 50k on it non CPO. Back when I was shopping dealers had some with 60K for same price similar equippment. Well I get a call back Friday from a dealer I contacted a couple months ago and they have a CPO one with 10K less miles and only $1,000 more. It even has the luxury package and ML. I'm so bummed. This is on the west coast and would obviously cost me $1000- $1,300 to drive/ship it but man. I'm trying to be positive about this. Someone convince me otherwise ML, power folding mirrors, side view monitor and CPO isn't worth it... :P
Look at the bright side ... hopefully, you learned something. As the new model year approaches each year, prices will drift down. When it comes to used cars, someone will ALWAYS get a better deal than you. There will ALWAYS be a car with less miles or in better condition or with better equipment. Count on it. This special form of personal torment can be greatly enhanced, as you have learned, when you live in the midwest and are searching for cars in the highly discounted CA market.
Old 07-24-13, 10:13 AM
CometVR4
Pole Position

I had to stop a think...first the car is not mine. My wife is happy with the car and that's all that matters and more importantly I think I need to be thankful to be able to afford a car of this caliber.

Only car I didn't get buyers remorse on is the FX35. I thought I would crave the V8 but after averaging 18mpg. I pretty content with the V6 :P