RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Is anyone bored of their RX yet?

Old 06-28-13, 12:48 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made the mistake of test driving the Porsche Cayenne diesel,Volkswagen Touareg Diesel, Audi Q-5,even the Mercedes GLK. They were all responsive and more exciting to drive than my '12 RX. The reality is I don't want to drive their loaner cars every time the "new " Crossover is in their shop being repaired.
Old 06-28-13, 03:31 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
I made the mistake of test driving the Porsche Cayenne diesel,Volkswagen Touareg Diesel, Audi Q-5,even the Mercedes GLK. They were all responsive and more exciting to drive than my '12 RX. The reality is I don't want to drive their loaner cars every time the "new " Crossover is in their shop being repaired.
Youre a perfect candidate for the F Sport . Try the new SPORT mode and see how that shifts
Old 07-01-13, 09:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by MjThind
Not happening, will probably called something else if they even consider it, GX will always be based off the Land Cruiser Prado. They probably won't do it anyways...
I dunno. I agree it would not be the GX, as the GX is at a higher price point than a 7 seater unibody crossover would need to come in at to be successful IMHO. Needs to be $45-$55k.

Look at the new Infiniti JX35, you see them everywhere. Its a nice vehicle, but a little awkward in the styling department and it has a CVT. Look at the MDX. Look at the Buick Enclave/GMC Acadia/Chevy Traverse. I think Lexus could do REALLY well with a 3 row crossover.

I would not at all be surprised to see the 4RX become 3 rows, especially with the NX coming out to fill the niche for a smaller vehicle. Its already kind of an odd man out because its only 2 rows in the segment now.
Old 07-05-13, 07:58 PM
eightblack
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like my wifes RX350 F Sport to drive. I have no issue with the "firmer" suspension and while it may only be a little thing, I like the leather covered steering wheel and how it feels in your hands. My humble view is that the RX is a much better car than the previous ML we owned. Better built, better after care service (by a hundred miles).

I'm not convinced about the design of the center console and I'd like the turn indicator to flash 3 times like most German cars do. And while I have my wish list out, would be great if Lexus would build an RX with a V8.

This is our 3rd RX. Its a great car. A little boring - yes. But great for our family.
Old 07-05-13, 08:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by eightblack
I'm not convinced about the design of the center console and I'd like the turn indicator to flash 3 times like most German cars do.
It'll happen. The new GS, ES & IS do this.
Old 07-08-13, 05:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

I had two Gen 2 RXs and I got a little bored so I got an RX F-Sport. Different beast and truly fun to drive
Old 07-09-13, 07:36 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have chance to drive the Sport model. Yes i'm getting bored of my RX :-p. Sorry i'm human
Old 07-09-13, 02:35 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I dunno. I agree it would not be the GX, as the GX is at a higher price point than a 7 seater unibody crossover would need to come in at to be successful IMHO. Needs to be $45-$55k.

Look at the new Infiniti JX35, you see them everywhere. Its a nice vehicle, but a little awkward in the styling department and it has a CVT. Look at the MDX. Look at the Buick Enclave/GMC Acadia/Chevy Traverse. I think Lexus could do REALLY well with a 3 row crossover.

I would not at all be surprised to see the 4RX become 3 rows, especially with the NX coming out to fill the niche for a smaller vehicle. Its already kind of an odd man out because its only 2 rows in the segment now.
True but if you want to talk a steep priced 7 seater uni-body crossovers Mercedes Benz GL and Audi Q7 are up there, they are considered rivals with the GX. But looking at how lexus hasn't changed the 3rd row seat lay out in the LX , I highly doubt they will my GX uni-body or making uni-body 7 seater in general. Also by making a 7 seat crossover they would have a lot in-brand competition with GX, so it is highly unlikely they will do something like that...
Old 07-09-13, 03:53 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MjThind
True but if you want to talk a steep priced 7 seater uni-body crossovers Mercedes Benz GL and Audi Q7 are up there, they are considered rivals with the GX. But looking at how lexus hasn't changed the 3rd row seat lay out in the LX , I highly doubt they will my GX uni-body or making uni-body 7 seater in general. Also by making a 7 seat crossover they would have a lot in-brand competition with GX, so it is highly unlikely they will do something like that...
Well the GX can also be a 7 seater...

I think what is the most likely is that the new RX will grow some and have a 7 seater option since thats the way the segment seems to be going.

Lexus has shown that they aren't really afraid of having models that compete with each other. An RX 7 seater would be considerably cheaper than the GX.
Old 07-11-13, 10:28 PM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you ever thought about the RANGE ROVER EVOQUE.

I love the Rx, but she's a beauty also.
Old 07-12-13, 05:54 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Range Rover is consistently last in the reliability surveys. Only get one of those if you have a crush on the receptionist at the dealership.
Old 07-12-13, 07:26 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1koolfella
Have you ever thought about the RANGE ROVER EVOQUE.

I love the Rx, but she's a beauty also.
They make a great second vehicle. Of course, your first vehicle would need to be a tow truck.
Old 07-12-13, 08:33 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
Range Rover is consistently last in the reliability surveys. Only get one of those if you have a crush on the receptionist at the dealership.
My sister recently got rid of her LR Discovery after 10 years and 100K+ miles because of transmission problems. Other than that, it was solid. But I agree it's one of those vehicles to keep only for a few years and while it's under warranty.
Old 07-12-13, 02:36 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
They make a great second vehicle. Of course, your first vehicle would need to be a tow truck.
+1, that's the honest to god truth!
Old 07-12-13, 03:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I know people with Range Rovers that have been great, and people with Range Rovers they leave the keys in hoping someone will steal it...very hit or miss.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is anyone bored of their RX yet?