Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Parking My RX350 @ Parking Lot

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-13, 12:44 PM   #1
GRPFAN
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Default Parking My RX350 @ Parking Lot

My wife and I are flying to Charlotte N. C. tomorrow and we're parking in one of those park and ride parking lots at the airport, parking our Lexus there, and they supple transportation to the airport.

Question:

Do I have to leave them our key fob for them to park our Lexus ???

Not very comfortable with that idea.

Cheers!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 05-20-13, 01:11 PM   #2
atang1979
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPFAN View Post
My wife and I are flying to Charlotte N. C. tomorrow and we're parking in one of those park and ride parking lots at the airport, parking our Lexus there, and they supple transportation to the airport.

Question:

Do I have to leave them our key fob for them to park our Lexus ???

Not very comfortable with that idea.

Cheers!
If you're parking at an on airport lot, then I would have to say no, you keep the key. However, if the lot is an off airport lot not run by the airport, then they would need your keys as well.
Old 05-20-13, 02:02 PM   #3
BertL
Lexus Test Driver

OP, I suggest you call the company that runs the lot and ask. I used to travel almost every week, and the policies vary. My offsite parking, by a company not related to the airport, has two options here in San Diego, and it was the same way in Orange County and at LAX depending where I parked... One a valet service that I could leave the key with them and they would have it pulled around ready for me when I got off the transport bus, and another where I parked my car myself and took my key with me. Not only was that cheaper, but by going early, I got to choose my own parking stall (by a concrete post or other barrier and in plenty of light by a security camera or a guard checkpoint) and nobody was going to dink with my car while I was gone. When I lived in Hawaii, Phoenix, and Atlanta, I parked on site, but was able to keep my key every time...

Nobody here is going to be able to answer your question specifically unless they have left their car at the lot you plan to use wherever that may be. Make a call.
Old 05-20-13, 02:27 PM   #4
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertL View Post
OP, I suggest you call the company that runs the lot and ask. I used to travel almost every week, and the policies vary. My offsite parking, by a company not related to the airport, has two options here in San Diego, and it was the same way in Orange County and at LAX depending where I parked... One a valet service that I could leave the key with them and they would have it pulled around ready for me when I got off the transport bus, and another where I parked my car myself and took my key with me. Not only was that cheaper, but by going early, I got to choose my own parking stall (by a concrete post or other barrier and in plenty of light by a security camera or a guard checkpoint) and nobody was going to dink with my car while I was gone. When I lived in Hawaii, Phoenix, and Atlanta, I parked on site, but was able to keep my key every time...

Nobody here is going to be able to answer your question specifically unless they have left their car at the lot you plan to use wherever that may be. Make a call.
Thanks for your time to reply.
I just called the parking lot and I can park myself and keep the fob with me.
Old 05-20-13, 02:27 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
car, key, left, rx350