RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

LED DRL's

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-13, 08:07 AM
Gavinvr4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

StillLine,
That's an awesome installation I like your setup.
Now would you mine to do a step by step
Write up on "how to installation on wiring".

Thanks
Old 05-11-13, 10:32 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Wiring Instructions

Never one to re-invent the wheel, here's the post by MEP7557 that showed me all I needed to know. Certainly, this is not the only way, but I like how the LEDs are on any time the ignition is on regardless of the status of the DRLs/headlights.

StillLine
Old 05-24-14, 08:07 PM
rmhipo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like StillLine, I also had the LED DRL strip installed on my 2010 RX 350. My headlight bulbs were swapped out with 8K bulbs, 194 bulbs with 194 LEDs, fogs upgraded to HIDs with 6K bulbs. Hood, bumper, headlights, and mirrors fully wrapped with 3M.
Attached Thumbnails LED DRL's-20140524_190945-1.jpg  
Old 09-20-14, 09:21 PM
rxworld
Driver School Candidate

Hi Stillline:
I love the led lights.

Could you please tell the wiring instructions?

Please.
Old 09-22-14, 07:38 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Arrow Post #17 in this thread.

Originally Posted by rxworld
Hi Stillline:
I love the led lights.

Could you please tell the wiring instructions?

Please.
Hello rxworld,

Please scroll up to post #17 for the answer to your question.

StillLine
Old 09-23-14, 05:04 PM
mullen00
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StillLine
Thanks MEP7557 for the info regarding the hookup of the auxiliary LED DRL's.
I installed some LED DRL's today and hooked them up the same way you did so they are on any time the ignition is on independent of the stock DRL's/parking/headlights. I also installed a switch so I have the ability to turn them off if need be.

Where did you connect into the ignition switch? Somewhere in the engine compartment?
Old 09-23-14, 08:55 PM
rxworld
Driver School Candidate

Hello rxworld,

Please scroll up to post #17 for the answer to your question.

StillLine
Stilline:

I already read the post you point out but his instructions are not clear for me for example it doesn't explain how he installed the passenger side.

I am sorry you both installed the same way but I am not professional like you guys . I am just beginner.

Please write it step by step (with photo if possible) with a clear language.

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-27-14, 08:32 PM
rxworld
Driver School Candidate

Default help

HeyStilline

please help me!

hey is there any body to help me
Old 09-28-14, 07:31 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Thumbs up C'mon now, don't cry. It'll be alright!

HeyStilline

please help me!

hey is there any body to help me

OK, rxworld, here's the deal. Whatever lights you want to wire up will usually have at least 2 wires, a positive and a negative. Connect the positive to a 12V power source and the negative to a chassis ground. It's probably not a bad idea to install an in-line fuse on the positive side and maybe even a switch, depending on whether or not you need control of when the lights are on/off. Now, I picked up my 12V power source inside the main fuse box under the hood on the right hand side (behind the battery). Pop the cover off the fuse box and locate the unused spades in the back left corner. The rear-most spade is hot when the vehicle ignition is on. This is where I got my 12V power source. You can hook the chassis ground to any number of places, but I connected mine to the bolt securing the front bracket of the fuse box to the inner fender. I said earlier that I was one to NOT re-invent the wheel, but I went out and took a photo of my setup none-the-less. That should, in and of itself, show how easy it is to get into the fuse box since I am relatively lazy and quite frankly resent being referred to as a professional in your earlier post. I'm a medical professional who doesn't mind getting my hands dirty under the hood when I'm not at work pushing morphine or assessing my patients. The photos in the previously referred to post by MEP7557 actually shows the hookup of the 12V power source in the fuse box quite well. I hope this information helps.

StillLine

DRL LED Strips Hookup
Old 09-28-14, 09:13 PM
rxworld
Driver School Candidate

OK, rxworld, here's the deal. Whatever lights you want to wire up will usually have at least 2 wires, a positive and a negative. Connect the positive to a 12V power source and the negative to a chassis ground. It's probably not a bad idea to install an in-line fuse on the positive side and maybe even a switch, depending on whether or not you need control of when the lights are on/off. Now, I picked up my 12V power source inside the main fuse box under the hood on the right hand side (behind the battery). Pop the cover off the fuse box and locate the unused spades in the back left corner. The rear-most spade is hot when the vehicle ignition is on. This is where I got my 12V power source. You can hook the chassis ground to any number of places, but I connected mine to the bolt securing the front bracket of the fuse box to the inner fender. I said earlier that I was one to NOT re-invent the wheel, but I went out and took a photo of my setup none-the-less. That should, in and of itself, show how easy it is to get into the fuse box since I am relatively lazy and quite frankly resent being referred to as a professional in your earlier post. I'm a medical professional who doesn't mind getting my hands dirty under the hood when I'm not at work pushing morphine or assessing my patients. The photos in the previously referred to post by MEP7557 actually shows the hookup of the 12V power source in the fuse box quite well. I hope this information helps.

StillLine

DRL LED Strips Hookup
Hi Stilline:

Honestly, yes you made it simple for me and for other people who are trying to figure out how to install it. The instructions are now understandable easily. Now, I can definitely install my mine.

You're the man!

I really thank you for your time and effort by taking pictures, writing the instructions and posting here.

You put your heart into it.

I appreciate it.

I will send photos when I installed them.

By the way, your led lights are really good on red. Mine is black let's see how it fits.

See you.
Old 10-14-14, 12:39 PM
rxworld
Driver School Candidate

Hi Stilline:

I received the led lights but I have one problem.

I couldn't find the correct size spade connector that would fits with the deicer relay.

Where did you buy the connector?

What is the size of it?

I tried Auto zone, radio shock , home depot etc. but couldn't find the correct size.

Please help me. Please help me.
Old 10-14-14, 06:28 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Thumbs up Be creative.

Sometimes you need to think outside the box. That, and stay the hell away from radio shock. Radio Shack might be a better bet.

I am the master of making things work with the resources I have available. Here's what I did.

Step 1

Step 2

rxworld, from this point forward I'm confident you'll be able to figure it out. Please post up photos when you get the lights installed.

Stillline
Old 10-16-14, 02:31 PM
rxworld
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Sometimes you need to think outside the box. That, and stay the hell away from radio shock. Radio Shack might be a better bet.

I am the master of making things work with the resources I have available. Here's what I did.

Step 1

Step 2

rxworld, from this point forward I'm confident you'll be able to figure it out. Please post up photos when you get the lights installed.

Stillline

Ok, got it.

You are such a creative man!
Old 12-12-14, 01:11 PM
Sfcyclist
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

StillLine, good info you shared here. I'm thinking about doing the same. Based on your garage the photos on post #8 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post7922431, the strip must be aimed downward? If it is, those LED must be pretty bright and even considering this for my other car as well.
Old 12-12-14, 01:19 PM
Sfcyclist
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, got it.

You are such a creative man!
I haven't looked yet at this socket yet but it's just a spade right? so a male spade like this will work?

http://www.sterlingautoelecsupplies..../7/7-large.jpg