RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Newbie's humbling the Vets with good info (Tips and Tricks)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 06:55 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

My apologies, there are two forms of door dinging. The version stopped by pushing to button on the door frame is caused by opening the door and then turning off the car.

Sorry this is not the dinging many folks wish to stop.
Old 04-23-13, 09:56 PM
moh1976
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may not be the correct thread but I have a question. Like in most of the cars if you forget to lock the car with remote, it automatically locks after a minute or so? Does Rx350 automatically locks in case some one forgets to lock it by pressing the dimple or through remote?
Is there a setting? I tried mine, I stood few meters away from my car for sometime but it did not lock.
Old 04-24-13, 01:00 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

In the frequently asked questions for the 3rd generation RX, you will find the answer based on your model year. Look through this topic in the FAQ's.

■ Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)
2010 LPS
2011 LPS
2012 LPS
2013 LPS
Old 04-24-13, 08:10 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by moh1976
This may not be the correct thread but I have a question. Like in most of the cars if you forget to lock the car with remote, it automatically locks after a minute or so? Does Rx350 automatically locks in case some one forgets to lock it by pressing the dimple or through remote?
Is there a setting? I tried mine, I stood few meters away from my car for sometime but it did not lock.
Quote from the 2012 RX manual:
"Security feature
If a door is not opened within approximately 60 seconds after the vehicle is
unlocked, the security feature automatically locks the vehicle again."

It doesn't lock automatically if you've opened the door.
Old 04-24-13, 11:17 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

The RX will lock automaticaly if you unlock it with the key fob or via one touch (door handle) and don't open a door within a certain amount of time. It's like 30 seconds in my RXh. You still have to manually lock it once you turn off the RX and exit. It will not do it on its own. Just use one touch. It's very convenient.
Old 04-24-13, 05:32 PM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thx for clarifying this Anita.... another interesting tid bit....

on the proximity sensor...is there a way to temporarily turn it off....such as going through fast food drive through, of course it sees the wall to your left and beeps the entire time. Can you tell it to excuse this situation, without turning off the feature? Often when you turn off a feature, you forget to turn it back on. thx
Old 04-24-13, 07:43 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

In the winter when I use the car wash I come across this too. But it's only a couple of seconds of clicking the button on the steering wheel then turning it back on when done. It's either on or off, no way to tell it to ignore certain proximity objects. I'd rather have it than not.
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Thx for clarifying this Anita.... another interesting tid bit....

on the proximity sensor...is there a way to temporarily turn it off....such as going through fast food drive through, of course it sees the wall to your left and beeps the entire time. Can you tell it to excuse this situation, without turning off the feature? Often when you turn off a feature, you forget to turn it back on. thx
Old 04-29-13, 10:50 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Tired of the dinging when you have your door open. Push and release the button on the door frame once and the dinging will stop.
David, I tried this trick over the weekend and it works on my '10. But I avoid the dinging by turning off the RXh before opening the door.
Old 04-29-13, 11:35 AM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dolphin
Not sure about 10 - 12 but on the 13 there is a symbol that lights up green when park assist is on. What we really want is a "Cancel" option for the current alarm.
Old 05-02-13, 09:50 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, or "temp. cancel", a pre set amount of time, time duration is user programmable. With all this computing power and nice UI via the NAV screen, it amazes me how many things can be done, but, well... are not. Simple too, not costing million$... just one bright curious person sitting in a cubicle implementing them. What seems overwhelmingly obvious to us in just a few uses of the car... Lexus design staff... well, I guess not...
Old 05-06-13, 04:00 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pause/Play button on the head unit (2013 RX) mutes the radio or satellite radio
Old 05-06-13, 07:50 AM
Cajundude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dimple(s) on the Handles.

As most of you probably know there is a dimple on the top of the door handles used to lock the doors. We have a 2013 RX and discovered that there is also a dimple on the underside of the door handles that serves the same purpose. FWIW....
Old 05-08-13, 05:14 AM
jrfiero
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Scan Presets?

On a 2013 RX450h with Nav, is there a way to scan only preset radio stations?
I found the Seek and the Scan everything, but I'm annoyed I can scan just the six FM stations I normally listen to.

Jonas
Old 05-08-13, 07:15 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I can't be sure the 2013 is the same as my 2010, but using the advance toggle on the left of my steering wheel, just advances between the presets for whichever 'tab' is selected.
Originally Posted by jrfiero
On a 2013 RX450h with Nav, is there a way to scan only preset radio stations?
I found the Seek and the Scan everything, but I'm annoyed I can scan just the six FM stations I normally listen to.

Jonas
Old 05-08-13, 01:13 PM
jrfiero
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Scanning Presets

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I can't be sure the 2013 is the same as my 2010, but using the advance toggle on the left of my steering wheel, just advances between the presets for whichever 'tab' is selected.
Yes, it's the same.
You probably know that's not what I mean by Scanning.

Quick Reply: Newbie's humbling the Vets with good info (Tips and Tricks)