RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

No RX350 AWD with sport appearance pkg??

Old 04-08-13, 09:54 PM
KANG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default No RX350 AWD with sport appearance pkg??

Thinking about getting 2013 rx350 awd. after some research, it seems like regular rx350 with awd isnt available with sport appearance pkg! can anyone confirm that? thanks.
Old 04-09-13, 04:20 PM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup it's really rare to find one. A few weeks ago I was looking for a regular rx with sport appearance package and I was told there are like three suv destined for the entire west coast. So I gave up and got the f-sport instead. Those few cars I came across has very limited options so in the end, I paid a bit more for the f-sport but it has the options I wanted.
Old 04-09-13, 04:26 PM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried to do that as well, and was told they don't exist anymore.

I had Sewell Lexus check for me, and they couldn't find any and don't build them anymore with that option, and the dealers wont do the work either (atleast that's what I was told, and had no reason to doubt them). I ended up buying the "real" fsport model.

I am kind of glad I did. I much prefer the ride of the fsport to the plain one...
Old 04-09-13, 08:51 PM
KANG

That sucks, WHYY would they not make it available?? cause i want AWD with luxury pkg( heated and wood steering wheel, power fold outside mirrors), and f sport front bumper. i guess i just have to put a f sport front bumper later on.
Old 04-09-13, 08:54 PM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

custom order it....
get exactly what you want...
3 months
I custom ordered, cause like you, I wanted the F front, but also wanted the Luxury package, and hated black interior...I also wanted radar cruise, which is only avail on the Appearance package...as the F Sport model does not offer Radar Cruise,due to the top honey comb grille. The Appearance has horiz. grille on top. Forget about figuring all this on the web site, you have to talk to Lexus rep direct, most dealers have no clue either. I am happy I waited it out.... and, I actaully prefer the Appearance front, vs. the F Front... both look nice, but most people seem to prefer the mix of the horiz grille and honeycomb bottom. food for thought

Last edited by Dolphin; 04-09-13 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-10-13, 09:06 PM
KANG

Originally Posted by Dolphin
custom order it....
get exactly what you want...
3 months
I custom ordered, cause like you, I wanted the F front, but also wanted the Luxury package, and hated black interior...I also wanted radar cruise, which is only avail on the Appearance package...as the F Sport model does not offer Radar Cruise,due to the top honey comb grille. The Appearance has horiz. grille on top. Forget about figuring all this on the web site, you have to talk to Lexus rep direct, most dealers have no clue either. I am happy I waited it out.... and, I actaully prefer the Appearance front, vs. the F Front... both look nice, but most people seem to prefer the mix of the horiz grille and honeycomb bottom. food for thought
Thank you! this is what i meant, Can we custom order it the way i want?? from my research, seems like it regular rx with AWD is not available with sport appearance pkg at ALL!
Dolphin, is yours awd with sport appearance pkg?
Old 04-12-13, 10:58 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

I have FWD with F Appearance package. But IIRC, the reason I HAD to get FWD, was due to one of the options, I think it was Radar Cruise. But not sure now... Yes, I think you can get AWD and F Appear. package. Call Lexus rep direct to find out, forget the dealers, they fiddle in the computer and give you false information, as the dealers computers are not fully upgraded on fine details like this....in my case, the Lexus rep had to enter the order from his hdqtrs computer, as the dealer order entry would not allow for these unusual orders. Let us know what you find out, hope you can get just what you want. U may have to surrender some options for the AWD, just can't remember which ones, even I preferred AWD, but did not really need it, as I do not drive in bad weather... I don't see any relationship to the front end change out, and AWD...
Old 04-12-13, 01:28 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I saw an RX with the sport appearance package at my dealer (Lexus of Bridgewater) last year but I didn't check if it was AWD. Try contacting some of the dealers in the NY area.
Old 04-12-13, 09:53 PM
KANG

thanks for the inputs. i went to lexus dealer got a rx brochure. on the options pkg page, it says "Sport Appearance Package (RX FWD,RXh)", i think that means the package in only available on fwd and rxh trims, but i will check more into it when i get chance to go to the dealer.
Old 04-13-13, 09:27 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

hmmmm.... it might be true... I could have forgotten... maybe the F Appear. package forced the FWD ONLY. Makes no sense though, as the F Sport is 4WD. Prob. just not an offering in 13, if so, I would guess it will be offered in 14. F Appear. option prob. a last minute decision in late 12.
Old 04-08-14, 10:54 AM
Soonerlvr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sport Appearance Pkg not available for 2015 with AWD either.
Can't even be ordered that way as I tried all avenues.
Why not, every F-Sport has the lower Sports grill AND AWD ??