RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-15-14, 03:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 10:23 AM
MachineMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking

I found the easy way to locate and reset the TPMS (tire pressure monitor system):

Turn on ignition, place your palm face up at the bottom of the dash exactly half way between the gas and brake pedals, slide arm straight back under dash 10", press and hold button a couple seconds, orange tire pressure warning light on dash flashes 3 times to confirm recalibration (establishes new base pressure after you change your tire pressure).

Car came with 35-36 psi; reset to 32 psi cold per door sticker. Rides much smoother.

Thanks for those that helped me locate it. The manual's description is not clear on the location.

Last edited by MachineMan; 05-25-13 at 08:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by MachineMan:
kitezen (12-18-17), Miketheboss (04-03-24), YoLexusMom (06-18-18)
Old 08-10-12, 04:22 PM
mrsunny
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am new to RX 350 and also to TPMS. I have few questions and appreciate any responses.

1)Do I have to reset the TPMS every time I inflate my tires?
2)Does the system check Tire pressure every time we start the car?
2)Does the system show any warning message on the Dashboard if the tire pressure is lower than the recommended tire pressure?
3)Does the system show any warning message on the Dashboard if the tire pressure is higher than the recommended tire pressure?
Old 08-10-12, 05:41 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

1. yes
2. I would assume you have to be moving along.
3. it is not based on recommended tire pressure. It will light up when there is significant change from when you last reset the light.
4. same as 3
Old 08-10-12, 05:53 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

FWIW, when I put air in my tires I bring them back to the pressure originally intended and set with TPMS. I do not reset TPMS each time, only if for some reason I decide the optimum pressure should be different than what was last set into TPMS. I have a RX450h, so can see what the pressure is (from TPMS) in all 4 tires on my dash, albeit, not specifically what the pressure is in which tire (as crazy as that is). If one tire indicates it is too low (or high, I suppose), I just use a physical pressure gauge to figure out which tire needs attention, and then deal with it.

Last edited by BertL; 08-10-12 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Grammer (my 5th grade teacher would have scolded me!)
Old 08-10-12, 06:12 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't reset the TPMS either when I fill the tires with air. I check the pressure on the dash a few times a week and visually when I wash the RX. I use a digital gauge as well. I find the inside display is a lb. too low. And don't get me started on trying to get the same tire reading. There's always one tire off, LOL.

Last edited by kitlz; 08-10-12 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-12-12, 02:14 AM
mrsunny
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the responses.

I can't seem to locate the TPMS details in my car's dashboard nor in the display screen. Do you need to have the Nav Pkg or any Other Pkg to see the Tire Pressure? Or does it need to be enabled by dealership?
I was able to locate the TPMS reset button with the help of other threads but just no TP...
Old 08-12-12, 05:18 AM
BertL

- Tire inflation pressure display is one of the little "upgrades" available only on the 450h multi-informational display (top center of instrument cluster), not the 350.
- Both trucks will display the tire pressure warning indicator if TPMS believes one or more tires are too low.
- The button to reset TPMS is in the same location on both RX models.

For those that like detail, look on p261 for the 350 and p263 for the 450h in this manual for what can be toggled on the multi-informational display.
Old 08-13-12, 01:36 PM
mrsunny
Driver School Candidate

Thanks BertL. Also, wondering if my RX350 has the automatic rain sensing wipers? It is not listed on the specification sheet. I tried to test it myself by pouring some water on the windshield but nothing happened the sensers did not move at all. Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-12, 01:52 PM
BertL

Rain sensing wipers come as part of the comfort package here in the US. Visually, face your truck and look in the dark area just to the left and up a bit from where your rear view mirror attaches to the windshield. If you have them, you'll see a little window that is a bit different color and is the actual sensor -- or if you sit in the passenger seat and have them, you'll see another black box attached to your windshield just to the right of where the rear view mirror is attached.
Old 05-25-13, 05:42 AM
tpyyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default If you still cannot locate the reset button

I was so frustrated when I could not find the reset button despite everyone saying it's there. Finally, thanks to the post here by MachineMan I found my reset button. But I thought a visual aid may be very helpful to people still not able to find it.

here you go.
Old 05-25-13, 07:53 AM
tpyyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udb1U...ature=youtu.be
The following 3 users liked this post by tpyyc:
Airbalance (06-04-17), Miketheboss (04-03-24), wwwjogos (04-04-19)
Old 08-02-13, 08:16 AM
gto88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is great help.
By the way, does anyone knows if it is easy to have
Tire inflation pressure display on RX 350?
It is upgrade on RX 450h, but if it is an upgrade then
I suppose that might just be a different sensor in the car?
Old 08-02-13, 08:50 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

gto88, it's not worth updating because the display is random. I still have to use a tire gauge to figure out the pressure on each tire. I'm so used to doing it that way anyway.
Old 08-20-14, 11:36 PM
CaseyA98
Driver School Candidate

Default Switch next to tpms..

I was wondering. Does anyone know what that switch to the right of the tpms does? I am interested in knowing.
Old 08-22-14, 10:58 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tpyyc
I was so frustrated when I could not find the reset button despite everyone saying it's there. Finally, thanks to the post here by MachineMan I found my reset button. But I thought a visual aid may be very helpful to people still not able to find it.

here you go.
Are you talking about the round thing in the middle of the picture, or the button under the word "set"?

Quick Reply: TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking