RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Pics of your 3RX right now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-14, 12:16 PM
cflutist
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No picture, but I got to drive the car for the first time in the light rain today (and got to play with the wiper controls).

When I returned to the car and opened the driver door, big splashes of water from the roof
hit the driver's seat. Thank god I had a hand towel (gray of course to match the interior ... LOL) nearby in the door compartment.

Does this happen to you guys/gals too?
Poor design if you ask me.

Cheryl

2014 RX450h AWD
Old 02-02-14, 12:22 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

A quick pic before some light showers moved in. It felt sooo good giving the RXh a proper wash yesterday after last Sunday's ice bath. Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow, and Wednesday, and Saturday. Damn you groundhog!
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 3RX right now!-img_0697.jpg  
Old 02-02-14, 12:30 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Anita, he's looking better than Watson right now, could have washed him but rain is probable most of the coming week so .....

Yesterday got back from a mountain run in Lola and detailed her. Drove her to church this morning not thinking the fog that bad. The roads got so wet and there was so much rock salt still on the roads, I gave a 2nd detail when I got back . Gonna take her back out soon to go to a friends house to watch the game. Go Bronco's
Originally Posted by kitlz
A quick pic before some light showers moved in. It felt sooo good giving the RXh a proper wash yesterday after last Sunday's ice bath. Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow, and Wednesday, and Saturday. Damn you groundhog!
Old 02-02-14, 01:07 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Cheryl, that usually happens to me when it snows. I've learned to brush it off before I open the door. For you just keep the towel handy. One thing you'll appreciate, maybe not as much as me with all the salt, is the black trim piece below the door sill is protected from the elements. That means no dirt on the bottom of your pants/jeans/skirt getting in and out. I laugh every time I see people with the telltale "I brushed my pants against the door" white dust walking by

Last edited by kitlz; 02-02-14 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-02-14, 01:08 PM
cflutist
Driver

Anita,

Looking good. How often do you wash your car?

Mine was looking mighty dusty yesterday (3 weeks old) and the rain took care of that today.

Cheryl
Old 02-02-14, 01:18 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Anita, he's looking better than Watson right now, could have washed him but rain is probable most of the coming week so .....

Yesterday got back from a mountain run in Lola and detailed her. Drove her to church this morning not thinking the fog that bad. The roads got so wet and there was so much rock salt still on the roads, I gave a 2nd detail when I got back . Gonna take her back out soon to go to a friends house to watch the game. Go Bronco's
The roads are pretty much white by me with all the salt so it gets dirty regardless if it's wet or dry out. What are you doing taking the Vette out in less than sunny conditions? Shame on you

Originally Posted by cflutist
Anita,

Looking good. How often do you wash your car?

Mine was looking mighty dusty yesterday (3 weeks old) and the rain took care of that today.

Cheryl
Basically every week by hand unless it's raining or snow. Then the 450h is detailed inside and out twice a year. It takes about 15 hours but that's what happens when you have OCD
Old 02-05-14, 06:13 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Here's my periodic contribution - Big snowfall today in Toronto, very few cars out - close to 12 inches!

Hopefully you're not bored of my RX - I just love the styling, even with the snow!

Any bets Anita will post a pic next? Who can prove me wrong?
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 3RX right now!-snowrx.jpg  
Old 02-05-14, 06:23 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

But my RXh doesn't have any snow on it at the moment corrado. Two storms in two days dumping over 15 inches. Best part was the office closed so the 450h stayed clean. And who wants to see clean this time of year. Boring

Obviously you were out having fun.
Old 02-05-14, 06:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ No pic posted, doesn't count, the bet is still on!
Old 02-05-14, 06:42 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Not gonna happen
Old 02-05-14, 07:06 PM
cflutist
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Here's my periodic contribution - Big snowfall today in Toronto, very few cars out - close to 12 inches!

Hopefully you're not bored of my RX - I just love the styling, even with the snow!

Any bets Anita will post a pic next? Who can prove me wrong?
I still say we need a "LIKE" button on this board.
Sharp looking car. Amazing that you can drive in snow.
Old 02-06-14, 09:01 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I still say we need a "LIKE" button on this board.
Sharp looking car. Amazing that you can drive in snow.
Cheryl, the RX is a blast to drive in the snow. You should try it sometime.

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ No pic posted, doesn't count, the bet is still on!
From this morning. The RXh covered in ice bumps and dusted with snow on top. I win
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 3RX right now!-photo.jpg  
Old 02-06-14, 10:01 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Is that a photoshop of last week's post?

Just kidding, you win.

More RX pics by anyone, dirty, clean, stuck in snow/sand, whatever, always welcome!!!
Old 02-06-14, 11:26 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Only101
Granted my RX is really dirty, but I think I have most people beat... Check out my new wheels! As you all know, these are OEM Lexus 19" from the hybrid models, except these are PVD black chrome!

Big ups to the seller who provided the set, with tires, TPMS, mounted and balanced!

Let me know what you guys think!

Wow, I missed this one.

Looks really good, a close match to the body's paint. Post pics when washed.
Old 02-06-14, 11:34 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

No picture, but I got to drive the car for the first time in the light rain today (and got to play with the wiper controls).

When I returned to the car and opened the driver door, big splashes of water from the roof
hit the driver's seat. Thank god I had a hand towel (gray of course to match the interior ... LOL) nearby in the door compartment.

Does this happen to you guys/gals too?
Poor design if you ask me.

Cheryl

2014 RX450h AWD
I'll get that with snow piled up on the roof which ends up on the driver's seat, but that's with every car I've owned.

On the Canadian F-Sport models only (mine), no roof rails. Not sure if since you have that, it may play a role in the water channeling.

Quick Reply: Pics of your 3RX right now!