RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Accident - F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-13, 11:51 AM
Bayman
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is great news. Please post pictures as soon as you get it back.
Old 03-15-13, 04:58 AM
CanadianRX
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Thanks folks.

Relatively good news . No damage to the frame and mainly "cosmetic" damage as some of you have mentioned. The rear quarter panel will get cut out and replaced, as will the rear bumper cover, the ML sub housing (incl sub), and other plastic odds and ends. No damage to suspension either though they will perform a 4 wheel alignment as a precautionary step.

All parts are OEM and paint matched to exacting Lexus "multi-color" paint standards. Paint will be blended into the passenger door and hatch door so hopefully will not show since car/paint is new at only three months old.

$7500 all in - not too bad for a vehicle $60K Cdn which again would indicate no major structural damage/repairs. Hoping to get it in time for our family trip at Easter since the Pathfinder falls noticeably short on refinement and fuel economy.
if you are going to keep the car beyond 4 years make sure the body shop does the proper prep on the body. usually repaints tend to rust out very quickly since the metal is no longer galvanized.
Old 03-15-13, 05:18 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Thanks for the tip CanadianRX and true, considering that it's right above the wheel well and our salty Canadian winters, it will be more more prone to rust. I typically don't keep my cars for more than two years and I'm hoping by then the compact CUV from Lexus, the NX 300h (or 200t) will be out. If not I'll get my fourth and next gen RX!
Old 03-15-13, 05:34 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Corrado, I'm glad the damage wasn't as bad as you thought. I wish your F-Sport a speedy recovery.
Old 03-15-13, 05:40 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by kitlz
Corrado, I'm glad the damage wasn't as bad as you thought. I wish your F-Sport a speedy recovery.
, She is recovering well, will be full strength and out in two weeks! Thanks Anita.
Old 03-28-13, 07:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Got the RX back and I feel like I got a new car all over again. And for some reason, maybe it's the right lighting, but the Nebula Gray looks even better than I recall and the wheels too! Just in time for our family trip this weekend and thank goodness since the red Pathfinder rental was very truck-like in the comfort, noise, and amenities departments, not to mention the gas guzzling.

Overall they did good work, with perfect panel gaps, though 4 minor items I pointed out (and written down on the release document) which they will repair at my convenience:

1. I counted a handful of specks of dust upon close inspection in between the clear coat and base coat over the repainted area. They will wet-sand/buff them out.
2. the felt in wheel well not fastened in one spot at the top. They will add the clip/screw to fasten.
3. a small scratch that was never there on the front driver's door was now there. They will buff it out.
4. one interior plastic trim piece in the trunk area is not snapped flush. They will address that.

Check out the pics, hope you like!
Attached Thumbnails Accident - F-Sport-rx_after_repair1.jpg   Accident - F-Sport-rx_after_repair2.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 03-28-13 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-28-13, 07:38 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

The job looks good in the photos. Glad it worked out and you're happy with it.
Old 03-29-13, 03:23 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

So happy to see you have the RX back. It looks great, clean too Make sure you follow up on the things you found. But that can wait until after your weekend trip. Have fun and drive safe.
Old 03-29-13, 05:10 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Like Jim and Anita, I must say your RX looks as good as new. GREAT news! Thanks for following-up here on the forum!
Old 03-29-13, 07:02 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got your car back but still on the shop to fix it the way you want it to be.
Old 03-29-13, 08:20 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad its back! I kept looking at the silver trim at the bottom and thought "shoddy work, the hybrid badge is missing!" then i realised you dont get the 450h F Sport in the US!! Did you have mudguards on before? Piece of advice - my car had them on, they barely made a difference but the car looks sooooo much better without them!
Old 03-29-13, 10:55 AM
dflowers
Driver School Candidate

The sad thing is that even if you do not pay a cent for the repair, when you go to trade it in they will pull up the Carfax reports and your trade-in value will plummet. Glad no one was hurt!
Old 03-29-13, 01:14 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Glad its back! I kept looking at the silver trim at the bottom and thought "shoddy work, the hybrid badge is missing!" then i realised you dont get the 450h F Sport in the US!! Did you have mudguards on before? Piece of advice - my car had them on, they barely made a difference but the car looks sooooo much better without them!
LOL, I was looking for the same badge, as I'm used to seeing one on mine, even though it's not an F-Sport. IMHO, mud guards look great once you get used to them being there. I added them on mine and they look right in their place. I have wider winter tires, so they do help with small debris flying up.

Awesome that the car is back. I know the feeling.
Old 03-29-13, 06:40 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive always disliked mudguards. Its just one of those things isnt it? I guess on gray, its not too bad because it blends in but mine sure did look worse due to the white paint!
Old 06-11-13, 01:06 PM
Dadikins
Pole Position

Glad no one was hurt, and that the patient has been mended.

Now that a few months have passed, are you still generally pleased with the repair?

Quick Reply: Accident - F-Sport