RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Personalized Settings for 2013 RX

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-14, 03:31 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaldedDog
The Carista is app is the coolest thing since sliced bread. My wife now has a lift gate that opens automatically with a touch of the outside button.

Mark
I quoted you on our facebook page, I hope you don't mind https://www.facebook.com/caristaapp

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Does anyone know if Carista will be supported on iPhones now that iOS8 has arrived? Or are bluetooth data connections still blocked?
Carista is definitely coming to iOS in the future. It will use WiFi ELM327 devices. I haven't looked at the developer docs for iOS8 yet, but I doubt Apple would allow standard Bluetooth v2 communication. If they do, sure, we'll support Bluetooth devices too.
Old 09-25-14, 07:02 AM
dozorca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
ScaldedDog, since you have an ELM327 adapter already, just go ahead and give Carista a try. It's free to see what settings are available to your car. Does your car have a navigation? If so, you can go into the settings menu there and see what's available through that interface. You'll find that only some of the configurable settings can be tweaked there.

Let me know if you have any other questions... or post here - these folks tend to be very helpful
Hi Carista,

I was looking for the "Rear Hatch Open Assist" setting for my 2010 RX350 and I can't find it on the latest BETA version of Carista app. Can you advise if I need to downgrade or if has been renamed?

See screenshot from other 2010 RX350 user that had the option:

Old 09-28-14, 12:55 AM
rx350drivr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mors
this one is very interesting to me:
"Close windows and sunroof via long-press on remote (On / Off)"
There have been a couple of discussions on this and from what I remember, it couldn't be done.
I have had the dealer turn this off during the 5K complimentary tweaks because of a couple of times when I opened the moonroof accidentally by unintentionally pressing the key while it was in my pocket. I did not even know my movement had pressed the key until long afterwards. It took the technicians 2-3 hours to figure out how to set this option. They said no one had requested them for it previously. But they did figure it all out eventually.

Additional reading on various options is available here: Mysterious opening of all windows and moonroof. The story reported by ecr72 convinced me to pursue setting this option!!!
Old 09-28-14, 06:11 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dozorca
Hi Carista,

I was looking for the "Rear Hatch Open Assist" setting for my 2010 RX350 and I can't find it on the latest BETA version of Carista app. Can you advise if I need to downgrade or if has been renamed?
It has not been renamed or removed. If you don't see it, that means your car doesn't support it. There were certain differences between early vs. late 2010 RX models, or this difference may also be due to different levels of equipment with which the vehicles were ordered... or the market they were made for.

Thanks for being a beta-tester though! Actually, if you wish, you could send us a "debug data" report (slide-out menu -> "Debug menu" -> "Collect debug data"). Then we can see for sure what your car is reporting regarding that setting.

Originally Posted by rx350drivr
I have had the dealer turn this off during the 5K complimentary tweaks because of a couple of times when I opened the moonroof accidentally by unintentionally pressing the key while it was in my pocket. I did not even know my movement had pressed the key until long afterwards. It took the technicians 2-3 hours to figure out how to set this option. They said no one had requested them for it previously. But they did figure it all out eventually.

Additional reading on various options is available here: Mysterious opening of all windows and moonroof. The story reported by ecr72 convinced me to pursue setting this option!!!
I think the other member was talking about CLOSING the windows & sunroof via remote. Closing is NOT available on most US models, but is available on European, Japanese and other models. Opening seems to be available in all markets.
Old 09-29-14, 05:56 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

When I get out of the car I press the indented spot on the handle & both mirrors go in and all doors are locked. When I return to the car is there a setting that would allow only the drivers door to unlock when I press the indented spot? Thanks Dorothy
Old 09-29-14, 09:24 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Dorothy,
The indent area LOCKS the doors. I discovered the action takes place when you remove your finger. It's not necessary to leave your finger there until it locks.
About having only the driver's door unlock when you touch the handle, this is a setting you can do on the nav screen or if no nav screen, using the multi-information switches. See the Customization section of your manual. Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-14, 01:28 AM
elba123
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raylor4
Hi Dorothy,
The indent area LOCKS the doors. I discovered the action takes place when you remove your finger. It's not necessary to leave your finger there until it locks.
About having only the driver's door unlock when you touch the handle, this is a setting you can do on the nav screen or if no nav screen, using the multi-information switches. See the Customization section of your manual. Hope this helps.
Is it possible to lock from indent area if a passenger door is open? With the default settings, the driver has to wait until the passenger gets out and closes their door before pressing the indent. It would be nice if the driver could press the indent and walk away and the passengers could follow at a later time.
Old 10-03-14, 07:37 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by elba123
Is it possible to lock from indent area if a passenger door is open? With the default settings, the driver has to wait until the passenger gets out and closes their door before pressing the indent. It would be nice if the driver could press the indent and walk away and the passengers could follow at a later time.
Yes, that would be nice. I don't know if you can change the locking parameters to allow a full lock with the passenger door open. Anyone know? FWIW, I have to wait until my bride closes the passenger door before I can lock 'em all. She's somewhat handicapped and is slow getting out. I'm the speedy type and would like to be ten feet from the car when the lock kicks in.
Old 10-04-14, 03:49 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

I haven't seen a setting that allows locking the doors when one of them is still open.
There is a setting about whether to warn you (via a beep or blink of turn signals) if you try to lock the doors when one of them is still open.
Old 10-31-14, 10:39 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Update: Carista can now turn off your seat belt warning, if you're so inclined

(stay safe though!)
Old 12-04-14, 11:19 PM
gianttama
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will there be another sale/promote soon? have been waiting for one again.
Old 01-22-15, 11:49 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

I quoted you on our facebook page, I hope you don't mind https://www.facebook.com/caristaapp

Carista is definitely coming to iOS in the future. It will use WiFi ELM327 devices. I haven't looked at the developer docs for iOS8 yet, but I doubt Apple would allow standard Bluetooth v2 communication. If they do, sure, we'll support Bluetooth devices too.
Hi Carista,

I received the invitation for the iOS beta app (thank you!!). Can you please recommend a wifi ELM device on Amazon? I wasn't able to find any recommended wifi devices on your website.

Also FYI for other users, you must click the "Open in TestFlight" link from an Apple app. Chrome just kept sending me to the app store.

Thanks!
Eric
Old 01-23-15, 07:11 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Hi Carista,

I received the invitation for the iOS beta app (thank you!!). Can you please recommend a wifi ELM device on Amazon? I wasn't able to find any recommended wifi devices on your website.

Also FYI for other users, you must click the "Open in TestFlight" link from an Apple app. Chrome just kept sending me to the app store.

Thanks!
Eric
Yes, our iOS version is now available for testing! Sign up here to get an invite if you haven't yet: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/

I don't have any specific recommendation, but just search Amazon for "elm327 wifi" and you should be fine with any of them... of course look at customer reviews and such, but in theory, any of them should work.
Old 01-23-15, 10:17 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Yes, our iOS version is now available for testing! Sign up here to get an invite if you haven't yet: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/

I don't have any specific recommendation, but just search Amazon for "elm327 wifi" and you should be fine with any of them... of course look at customer reviews and such, but in theory, any of them should work.
Thanks, I ending up getting the iKKEGOL adapter and will report back:
Amazon Amazon

The other heavily reviewed adapters all had valid concerns: over-heating, not turning off on it's own, etc. They also looked to be the same adapter but rebranded. This one didn't have many reviews but they were all good and the low-profile was a plus.

Question: Although I prefer wifi (won't interfere with bluetooth music during drive), how come Carista does not support bluetooth on iPhone even though Automatic's Link does? Two different softwares, I know, but I thought the restriction was that Apple didn't allow bluetooth for these types of connections?

Automatic Link:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/a...c-link-review/
Old 01-23-15, 02:50 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Question: Although I prefer wifi (won't interfere with bluetooth music during drive), how come Carista does not support bluetooth on iPhone even though Automatic's Link does? Two different softwares, I know, but I thought the restriction was that Apple didn't allow bluetooth for these types of connections?
iPhone does not allow standard Bluetooth "serial port profile" communication, which is what all of these ELM327 Bluetooth devices use. In order to communicate with iPhones/iPads via Bluetooth, you need a custom device that either uses a proprietary Apple chip for Bluetooth 2.x, or uses Bluetooth 4.0. I'm guessing Automatic's device uses one of those variants. In any case, it's a custom proprietary device. The standard ELM327 Bluetooth devices that everyone uses with Android are not usable on iOS.