RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Illuminated Door Sills - Parchment Interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-13, 12:12 PM
AKRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illuminated Door Sills - Parchment Interior

I've been trying to talk myself out of getting the illuminated door sills for my new RX, but I'm about to give in to the impulse and order them from Sewell. So much for will power.

I'd like to get the white lights, but I'm wondering how well they stand out against the light trim when they're lit up. Anyone out there have them? I'd love to see a picture of the white lights against the parchment trim if you have one (or the blue lights, for that matter).

Also, the Sewell website describes the color option as "ivory". I trust that site, but I'd still like to verify that it's a good match with the parchment trim.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-13, 07:26 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I say get them but make sure you set up an account with Sewell for the discounted price. I have the black interior with white illuminated sills so I can't help you with how it looks in parchment. It's probably similar in the sense it's a wash during the day and bright at night. One thing, you may want to do is change the bulbs in the door to LED. The OE ones look dull in comparison. Ivory is the color name they use for trim pieces sometimes. The illuminated sills should be identical to the ones you have now. Order away.
Old 02-17-13, 05:31 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This isn't an exact fit for what you were looking for, as I have the blue-tinted sill lights that come with the factory-installed luxury package. I do however have the somewhat elusive Parchment interior on my Nebula Grey 2013 RX450h, so I just went ahead and took this picture while it's still dark outside and with the lights off in my garage. You can pick up where the sill light casts its blue glow on the interior fairly well -- I would suspect white would do something similar to the same areas. (FYI: The blue in the dash display area has nothing to do with the sill lights.)

I agree with Anita, go for it. Just be sure you do the quick sign-up on Sewell to get that discount!
Attached Thumbnails Illuminated Door Sills - Parchment Interior-ael_0495.jpg  
Old 02-17-13, 05:49 AM
AKRX
Driver School Candidate

Thank you both so much for the input, especially the beautiful photo. Very, very helpful.

Yes, I signed up for the Sewell discount about ten minutes after discovering Club Lexus (which was about an hour after I got home with my new car). Love it. Normally discounts like that are kind of a wash for me because shipping to Alaska is always so outrageously expensive, but Sewell's discount is very generous and more than makes up for the extra shipping costs.

I'm placing the order today! Thanks again.

Last edited by AKRX; 02-17-13 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-17-13, 01:35 PM
RX808
Driver School Candidate

how does one get the discounted price? do i have to enter that promo code?
Old 02-17-13, 01:37 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Nope, just create an account and select Club Lexus under Forum Membership Information on the bottom. Once you sign in, the prices will automatically reflect the discounted price.
Old 02-17-13, 01:40 PM
AKRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX808
how does one get the discounted price? do i have to enter that promo code?
When you register for an account with Sewell there's a box at the very bottom of the form where you indicate that you're a member of the Club Lexus forum and enter your user name. After that, every time you log in to the site the discounts will be automatically applied.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-17-13, 07:21 PM
RX808
Driver School Candidate

Mahalo for your help!
Old 02-18-13, 02:32 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BertL
This isn't an exact fit for what you were looking for, as I have the blue-tinted sill lights that come with the factory-installed luxury package. I do however have the somewhat elusive Parchment interior on my Nebula Grey 2013 RX450h, so I just went ahead and took this picture while it's still dark outside and with the lights off in my garage. You can pick up where the sill light casts its blue glow on the interior fairly well -- I would suspect white would do something similar to the same areas. (FYI: The blue in the dash display area has nothing to do with the sill lights.)

I agree with Anita, go for it. Just be sure you do the quick sign-up on Sewell to get that discount!
Stunning !! White or blue, you can't go wrong!
Old 03-03-13, 04:39 PM
AKRX
Driver School Candidate

Default Installed at Last

I finally installed the new door sills this afternoon. Sorry about the poor quality iPhone photos.
Illuminated Door Sills - Parchment Interior-img_0327.jpg

Illuminated Door Sills - Parchment Interior-img_0329.jpg

I am in no way mechanically inclined, but the how-to video on the Sewell website was very helpful and for the most part they installed as shown. However, what the video does not show is that the new sills come with both the male and female parts of the grommets attached and will not simply snap into place without first removing the black male part. Or, if you're smarter than I was, you'll save yourself a lot of time and skinned knuckles and simply use the grommets on the old sills.. I figured that out after the fact...because I've apparently lost a few IQ points with age.
Old 03-03-13, 05:50 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

AKRX, the sills look great in white. And don't feel bad, I did the same thing.