RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Any "Guys" Driving the RX as their Primary Car ?

Old 12-19-13, 07:23 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had my 2IS in at my local dealership for service and they gave me a brand new (it only had 100 miles on it), fully loaded RX and was thoroughly impressed with it. With my needs changing, needing to carry more stuff, I think I just found my next Lexus. I wouldn't mind having it as a daily driver at all.
Old 12-19-13, 08:06 PM
CapeDave
Pole Position

It really is a great "needs changing" car.
Old 12-19-13, 08:10 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It was suppose to be for the wife. But she prefers the Subaru.
Old 12-20-13, 07:17 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I drive an IS350, but we also have an RX350 which my wife drives most of the time, though we usually take that on our weekend outings. Never do I feel like I'm driving a lady's car. It's a family vehicle for sure, but hey, we're a family, so why not?

It's one of the better, even sportier, looking SUVs out there.

And hey, since I am tugging a kid around with me everywhere I go, what really do I have to prove? ;-)
Best line so far!
Old 12-21-13, 12:17 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CapeDave
I am 61, male, single and looked at almost everything before I bought. I wanted "luxury" which is really COMFORT, and reliability and some practicality. I was amazed at how well this car moved all my stuff to my new home. Never thought of it as a "moving" car.

I see tons of RX's around. I guess it would be 50/50 male/female drivers, because I never really look. I just try and get them to wave or somehow acknowledge that of all the cars we could have owned, we each own THIS ONE. But alas, have not had a wave back yet I remember back in the day BMW owners had a habit of waving at each other.

The nearest dealer is 80 plus miles away, so the fact that I pass so many on the road in my daily travels is a testament to the fact that they got this car quite right.

I recently looked around (a few lots and Edmunds and car websites) and although the Ford Edge caught my eye, I decided that I would keep this car for the foreseeable future.

Although a tricked out 2014 would not be out of the question
Dave, that's so funny about trying to get the "wave." I love hearing everyone's stories on why they chose the RX, even through some of the "haters" try to razz us! I read somewhere where the RX is just like Goldilocks and the three bears. It fits just "right". I couldn't agree more.
I too have been eying the 2014 Ford Edge Limited or Sport, but I don't think I'm ever gonna want to give up some of the features that I love on my RX. Sure, I could get a panoramic sunroof(love these) and adaptive cruise control on a Ford Edge that would be cheaper than my RX, but I'm not ready to give up my adpative headlights with auto high beam and my power tilt steering wheel among other things either
Old 12-21-13, 09:29 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I'm currently on vacation with a new Ford Edge Limited for a rental. Nice, but does not even compare. Missing my RX already!
Old 12-22-13, 05:23 AM
Browninggo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife is the primary driver of our 14' RX350-F Sport....with that being said I cannot wait for the weekends when we go out, she lets me pilot "her ride".
Old 12-22-13, 06:52 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

My wife lets me drive our 13 RX 350 - every time it needs to go to the car wash . That was the running joke when we first got our 04 RX 330. The reality is that we carpool in our 2010 Prius and she typically drives because her office is farther from our home than my office. This keeps our monthly gas bill < $50.

With that said, those days we have to take both cars out, I am usually the driver of the RX. This car is just enough taller than our 04 RX was that she struggles a bit getting in and out, so she prefers to let me take it. I can't tell you how disappointing it is to drive the RX versus the Prius. I tried to find some running boards that would make her equally happy with ingress/egress as I am but that just didn't pan out.

As far as listening to that kind of drivel about a car being a "woman's car," I don't pay it any attention anyway. Since I am not an insecure kid and not trying to impress anyone, I am going to drive whatever I am comfortable with. Period. My wife and I both love the RX and neither one of us could give a ....hoot about any of that kind of nonsense. If we cared about those kinds of labels, we would also be in trouble with our "tree hugger" Prius. That is all just a bunch of BS that insecure people fall victim to.

Doug
Old 12-22-13, 10:46 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I quit trying the wave in the RX. Wasn't working for me either. But it sure does in my 2014 Stingray LOL.

RE: AHS lights, I'm there with ya, I love mine . The Vette has the HID's but not auto high beams or L/R swiveling.
Originally Posted by EMSLEXUSRX
Dave, that's so funny about trying to get the "wave." I love hearing everyone's stories on why they chose the RX, even through some of the "haters" try to razz us! I read somewhere where the RX is just like Goldilocks and the three bears. It fits just "right". I couldn't agree more.
I too have been eying the 2014 Ford Edge Limited or Sport, but I don't think I'm ever gonna want to give up some of the features that I love on my RX. Sure, I could get a panoramic sunroof(love these) and adaptive cruise control on a Ford Edge that would be cheaper than my RX, but I'm not ready to give up my adpative headlights with auto high beam and my power tilt steering wheel among other things either
Old 12-25-13, 01:51 PM
Jay1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely a lot more women drive them but I have had seven and usually get black with beige interior. It is too good of a ride to worry about the man thing.
Old 12-25-13, 07:13 PM
CapeDave
Pole Position

Yeah, I looked around. The only car I was interested was the 2014 version of my car! And since I cannot swing that at this time, I bought new tires and got a partial detailing at the world's best car wash in Manhasset NY. THEY KNOW about cars! For about $30 you get something that approaches detailing. Not quite q tip stuff, that they quote you on. But they have a way of making the mats brand new and inside is WELL cleaned and inside of window and a BUNCH of other stuff. Of course it snowed that night

And the new tires are one of the better decisions I have ever made. Made a huge difference on my 6-700 mile trip.

Merry Christmas to all.

And yeah, I was wondering if anyone else had the "wave" issue. And yes, it does fit "just right ".
Old 03-10-14, 10:10 AM
korlexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX=Guys or Girls Car!?

Hello fellas,

One day I was at this cafe and I heard a group of people talk about cars.
Bmw is this and that
Mercedes is this and that
Lexus is this and that... and so on.
When they talked about RX model, a problem came across.
They were saying that RX is the model that only female should drive because it is designed for female.
I was thinking to myself "What in the world a car company build or design typically for male or female?".
I was going to join their conversation because I had so much to say but I made up my mind not to waste my time with morons who can't even afford a nice car but can only talk crap lol.
If you own a RX for yourself(not for your wife/son/daughter/mom/dad/whoever),
please tell me if you are a guy or a girl so I can print this thread out and carry with me all the time to show it to people like who I saw at the cafe.

I think a guy's car or girl's car and all that is total BS.
Old 03-10-14, 10:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,113 Likes on 1,290 Posts

merged with previous thread on same topic
Old 03-10-14, 10:57 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by korlexus
Hello fellas,

One day I was at this cafe and I heard a group of people talk about cars.
Bmw is this and that
Mercedes is this and that
Lexus is this and that... and so on.
When they talked about RX model, a problem came across.
They were saying that RX is the model that only female should drive because it is designed for female.
I was thinking to myself "What in the world a car company build or design typically for male or female?".
I was going to join their conversation because I had so much to say but I made up my mind not to waste my time with morons who can't even afford a nice car but can only talk crap lol.
If you own a RX for yourself(not for your wife/son/daughter/mom/dad/whoever),
please tell me if you are a guy or a girl so I can print this thread out and carry with me all the time to show it to people like who I saw at the cafe.

I think a guy's car or girl's car and all that is total BS.
I'm a Guy and i own/personally drive a silver RX 350.
I also own a white Range Rover, which happens to be a favorite of "real housewives of New. Jersey" and real housewives wanna be
Anyway, just like JDR76, i have a 5 month old baby with me most of the time , that boost my Man Card by at least 1,000 right?
Old 03-10-14, 07:02 PM
PeteInGilr
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The only "girls" car I can think of, is a VW Beetle. Oh no....I drove one in Germany for 2.5 years when I was in the military. It got me around though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any "Guys" Driving the RX as their Primary Car ?