RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Possible Color Combination '13 RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-13, 05:20 AM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night I did some more research using cars.com. I did a national search for an RX350 with Deep Sea Mica. The search turned up over 200 vehicles and 15 with the light grey interior. That tells me the color combination, while still rare, is accessible. Some of these vehicle have a very recent build date (Nov. & Dec. of 2012). The main difference here, IMO, is that the RX450h is still built in Japan while all the RX350s I found with the our preferred color combination were built in Canada (RX450h production in Canada doesn't start until the first quarter of 2014). Right now, just trying to find a Deep Sea Mica RX450h with any interior color is a challenge.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 01-05-13, 12:36 PM
KarenJM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We wanted to buy a new (2013( Lexus 450h and decided that we wanted deep sea mica and the interior was cream coloured. They didn't have one but located one in another state which arrived a few days. We saw the colour on another model in the showroom and it is stunning. We are very pleased with the car.

I am curious about bargaining- we assumed that for a new car, you really can't bargain much and just accepted the price we were offered. I
Old 01-05-13, 01:51 PM
Bearbrooke
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased my 2013 RX450H a week ago today at Woodfield Lexus, Schaumburg, IL. I know there is a Deep Sea Mica with black interior available. The black looks great and seems to be a lighter black than some of the black interior cars I have owned.
Old 01-07-13, 12:33 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KarenJM
We wanted to buy a new (2013( Lexus 450h and decided that we wanted deep sea mica and the interior was cream coloured. They didn't have one but located one in another state which arrived a few days. We saw the colour on another model in the showroom and it is stunning. We are very pleased with the car.

I am curious about bargaining- we assumed that for a new car, you really can't bargain much and just accepted the price we were offered. I
The question is ..... are you comfortable it's worth the price you paid?

You MUST have been satisfied with the deal when you signed on the bottom line, or you wouldn't have taken it. Since you can't go back and renegotiate the purchase price, there is nothing to be gained by playing woulda, coulda, shoulda. Someone will ALWAYS tell you about a better deal you could have had somewhere, but no one but you is familiar with ALL of the circumstances under which you bought this terrific car. So anyone saying you might have done better is only assuming. That doesn't often work out so well.

I wouldn't even think about it until I'm ready to buy the next one. Then I would ask for advice before I make the deal.

BTW - I really like your color combination! It really is spectacular!

Last edited by User 41924; 01-07-13 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-13-13, 06:02 AM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Default Update 1/13/12

I called the dealer and asked if they submitted my order to Lexus. They said it has been submitted but they won't know for a couple of weeks, whatever that means.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 01-13-13, 08:03 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

My special order went to California first. Took a few weeks because they're only sent once a month from the dealer. I'm not sure if they still do it that way but it'll be worth the wait.
Old 01-13-13, 12:28 PM
KarenJM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Woodrow
The question is ..... are you comfortable it's worth the price you paid?

You MUST have been satisfied with the deal when you signed on the bottom line, or you wouldn't have taken it. Since you can't go back and renegotiate the purchase price, there is nothing to be gained by playing woulda, coulda, shoulda. Someone will ALWAYS tell you about a better deal you could have had somewhere, but no one but you is familiar with ALL of the circumstances under which you bought this terrific car. So anyone saying you might have done better is only assuming. That doesn't often work out so well.

I wouldn't even think about it until I'm ready to buy the next one. Then I would ask for advice before I make the deal.

BTW - I really like your color combination! It really is spectacular!
Thanks, of course you are right, but a friend told me that her husband always bargains and perhaps some people just feel better getting something off of the price but at the cost of this car, it would not have made much difference. We LOVE this car but are still trying to learn about the electronics. We had a full tutorial from the tech expert from our dealer but there is still a lot to learn. I am proud of myself for being able to answer my phone and to call my husband using voice command !
Old 01-13-13, 04:47 PM
FamilyRX
Rookie

I saw our sales guy at the local car show today and he confirmed what Kitlz said. He also said that if Lexus accepts the build request (they are not called special orders) it usually takes 2-3 months before the vehicle arrives.

FamilyRX
(coming soon)
Old 01-13-13, 05:56 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Well, keep asking your sales guy. The dealer can give you the build date once it's accepted. It's all online. Then add four to five weeks. Manufacture only takes a few days, the trip on the boat from Japan a month, and the final transport from port to dealer a few days depending on distance. BTW, the printout from my dealer says special request and special order. Doesn't really matter what they call it as long as it goes through
Old 01-31-13, 03:31 AM
FamilyRX
Rookie

Default Update 1/28/13

Stopped by the dealer on Tuesday. The order has still not been accepted by Lexus. They receive updates every Tuesday. He also told me in the past Lexus would show them the status of the request prior to the vehicle be assigned. Now the vehicles are built in batches and the dealer will only be notified when the requested combination will be built. This could take several months. Once the vehicle request has been accepted, an invoice is generated and the dealer contacts the customer. From that point it takes an additional 6 weeks to receive the vehicle.

My other concern is that there are almost no Deep Sea Mica RX450h's in the pipeline either. I don't want to lose hope but at this rate we will be looking at 2014 model year vehicles.