RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Beatsonic vs prestige society nav override

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 05:42 PM
ImolaS54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beatsonic vs prestige society nav override

just wondering why is the prestige society unit double the cost of the beatsonic? Just installed the beatsonic tonight, all plug and play, making sure there isn't something I am missing....
Old 12-03-12, 06:59 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PS is made in Japan, thats why they charge double the price..
Old 12-03-12, 08:36 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ImolaS54

Just wondering why is the Prestigious Society unit double the cost of the Beatsonic? Just installed the Beatsonic tonight, all plug and play, making sure there isn't something I am missing....
I got mine from Prestigious Society. Works like a charm. No external buttons to push. Turns on and off from volume control on steering wheel.

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails Beatsonic vs prestige society nav override-ps.gif  
Old 12-04-12, 02:45 AM
ImolaS54
Driver School Candidate

Ah thank you, i wish i would have known that before purchase! Well worth $150 additional without an "aftermarket" button.

Originally Posted by Capirato
I got mine from Prestigious Society. Works like a charm. No external buttons to push. Turns on and off from volume control on steering wheel.

~ Cap
Old 12-04-12, 07:20 AM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

~ Cap
yep got that one to in my RX as well

it was a pain to install but im loving it now!
Old 12-04-12, 09:20 PM
tfrancois
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased it myself. I also purchased the VaisTech ML+ and the Drone Mobile II remote start, all of which will be installed this upcoming week in one shot! And to top it all off, I'm modding my 2010 RX350 (with RES no ML) with something I don't think any RX350 currently has on their vehicle. Will post pics and reviews of how everything works when its all done! Can't wait!!!
Old 12-05-12, 05:28 AM
RogersDA
Driver School Candidate

~ Cap
Help me understand...

The gear photo on the Prestigious Society website shows two externally-mounted controls. How are these controls used, If so, what are they for? Also, how does the steering wheel volume control work; i.e., does the Prestigious Society system reprogram the volume buttons so that they operate when not in radio/media screen on the navigation display?

Thanks!

Old 12-05-12, 10:26 AM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by RogersDA

Help me understand...

The gear photo on the Prestigious Society website shows two externally-mounted controls. How are these controls used, If so, what are they for? Also, how does the steering wheel volume control work; i.e., does the Prestigious Society system reprogram the volume buttons so that they operate when not in radio/media screen on the navigation display?

Thanks!

First of all, I want to make it clear that the Module I purchased from Prestigious Society was for a 2013 RX, which is different from previous model years. Previous models have a six disk changer, I believe. The 2013 has a DVD player to watch movies, when the car is in Park with the Emergency Brake On.

To engage the Module, you press -- ++ on the Volume Control on the Steering Wheel.
To disengage you also press -- ++.

~ Cap

Last edited by Capirato; 12-05-12 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-05-12, 06:58 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

First of all, I want to make it clear that the Module I purchased from Prestigious Society was for a 2013 RX, which is different from previous model years. Previous models have a six disk changer, I believe. The 2013 has a DVD player to watch movies, when the car is in Park with the Emergency Brake On.

To engage the Module, you press -- ++ on the Volume Control on the Steering Wheel.

~ Cap
They updated it for all the new modules i believe.

i have a '10 and it works the same one.
Old 12-06-12, 05:10 AM
tfrancois
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

~ Cap
I just ordered it for my 2010 RX350 as well and I will be getting the same newer module with no buttons as shown in picture. I guess someone should ask them to update their pictures on the site.

BTW...just for clarification...I have a 2010 RX350 with the Rear Entertainment System and my 6-disc changer plays DVD movies as well when in Park with Emergency Brake on. But I also just purchased the ML+ from Vaistech so I'll be cruising and watching DVDs on the Nav screen as well! Safely of course!
Old 12-06-12, 05:47 AM
RogersDA
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the follow-up responses. I guess the Prestigious Society need to update their website as the images appear to be outdated.
Old 12-06-12, 08:56 AM
ecr72
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their website could certainly use some work. While the picture is accurate for other vehicles, they should really make a point to show how the 2010+ Lexus models do not need the external buttons. It's a big selling point. Hiding it on their FAQ page is poor marketing.
Old 12-06-12, 04:29 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by tfrancois

BTW...just for clarification...I have a 2010 RX350 with the Rear Entertainment System and my 6-disc changer plays DVD movies as well when in Park with Emergency Brake on. But I also just purchased the ML+ from Vaistech so I'll be cruising and watching DVDs on the Nav screen as well! Safely of course!
Apparently, from what I gather, the 2013 RX has the ability to show movies on the Nav Screen, without having a Rear Entertainment System.

~ Cap