RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 03:54 AM
eightblack
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just bought a new 2013 F Sport (didn't think much of it when we went into the dealership to look) as originally we were just going to buy a standard RX350 (not a Hybrid). Main reason I bought this car was the fact that it had a full leather steering wheel (I hate wooden trim wheels)

This is my wifes car but we both are a fan of the brand and this is our 4th Lexus.

Paddle shift is a waste of time and I dont reckon most drivers would ever use it. I really like the fit and finish although I still think the center console needs work (too cluttered) and Lexus have a little way to go before they can equal Benz or BMW in this regard.

Ours is Nebula Gray. Looks good clean but hard to do here in winter in Colorado (plus the fact that our kids treat the car worse than a Colombian Drug Lord) . Not bad in the snow either and I like the fact that you can now lock the center diff.

Wondering whether or not to fit winter tires here next winter (ie Blizzaks).

And finally, wish Lexus would provide a V8 option for the RX. Or supercharged/turbo.

PS Wife wont be happy me telling you her age but she is just north of 40. My next wife is going to be much younger
Old 03-06-13, 02:43 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eightblack
We just bought a new 2013 F Sport (didn't think much of it when we went into the dealership to look) as originally we were just going to buy a standard RX350 (not a Hybrid). Main reason I bought this car was the fact that it had a full leather steering wheel (I hate wooden trim wheels)

This is my wifes car but we both are a fan of the brand and this is our 4th Lexus.

Paddle shift is a waste of time and I dont reckon most drivers would ever use it. I really like the fit and finish although I still think the center console needs work (too cluttered) and Lexus have a little way to go before they can equal Benz or BMW in this regard.

Ours is Nebula Gray. Looks good clean but hard to do here in winter in Colorado (plus the fact that our kids treat the car worse than a Colombian Drug Lord) . Not bad in the snow either and I like the fact that you can now lock the center diff.

Wondering whether or not to fit winter tires here next winter (ie Blizzaks).

And finally, wish Lexus would provide a V8 option for the RX. Or supercharged/turbo.

PS Wife wont be happy me telling you her age but she is just north of 40. My next wife is going to be much younger
Congratulations. Your wife is on another thread telling people her next husband will be a lot younger.
Old 03-09-13, 10:03 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

Just got one tonight will pick it up Tuesday night. Got it for my wife to replace her FX
Old 03-10-13, 05:27 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by STGSC400
Just got one tonight will pick it up Tuesday night. Got it for my wife to replace her FX
Congrats! Curious about how it compares to the FX. The FX should still the better handler/acceleration of the two (V6 or V8), but also more stiff. Please let us know the following for tracking in this specific thread:

2) Exterior Color
3) Major features/options
4) Any modifications done
5) Gender and Age Group (M/F, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc)

Thanks!
Old 03-10-13, 08:42 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

2. Starfire pearl
3. Remote start. Heated and cooled seats. nav. Roof rack.
4. Ordered a K&N replacement filter and an F sport badge for the back.
5. Male 30s, but its for my wife she is 27
Old 03-10-13, 08:45 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

We love the FX but it is getting to the point little things are breaking and I just don't trust her driving it, because I travel for work, it has already broke down twice on her. So it's time to move on.

Plus we have never been able to brake above 20mpgs in the FX,
Old 03-11-13, 03:11 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by STGSC400
We love the FX but it is getting to the point little things are breaking and I just don't trust her driving it, because I travel for work, it has already broke down twice on her. So it's time to move on.

Plus we have never been able to brake above 20mpgs in the FX,
Smart move, you have bought the better (best actually) vehicle in the class as far as reliability goes. I'm on my 3rd RX and all rock solid.
Old 03-26-13, 08:28 PM
kl323
Pole Position

Just wanna say hi! My parents just picked up a Starfire Pearl w/ Nav, Premium Audio, Park Assist, Blind Spot system. I'll be posting on behalf of them a lot! The RX has been a dream vehicle for my mom for the longest time. Finally went through with the purchase! So far I am loving it!

As for me, I have a 2010 IS350 RWD. Looking to keep that for a bit longer before trading it in!
Old 03-27-13, 07:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by kl323
Just wanna say hi! My parents just picked up a Starfire Pearl w/ Nav, Premium Audio, Park Assist, Blind Spot system. I'll be posting on behalf of them a lot! The RX has been a dream vehicle for my mom for the longest time. Finally went through with the purchase! So far I am loving it!

As for me, I have a 2010 IS350 RWD. Looking to keep that for a bit longer before trading it in!
A+ Congrats! Two Lexus in the family, nice. Would your mom be the primary driver and ballpark age range if you don't mind ( I tally up the stats and post periodically). Thx.
Old 03-27-13, 07:22 PM
kl323
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kl323

She's in her 50s. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 03-28-13, 01:57 PM
XZLR8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am taking delivery of my RX350 F-Sport tomorrow afternoon, our first Lexus in almost a decade.
Old 03-28-13, 07:04 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats XZLR8!!! Post pics tomorrow and enjoy it!

Anybody else need one? Silver with black interior haha
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-28-13, 07:38 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Congrats XZLR8 and welcome back to the family! Very exciting times. I just got my F-Sport back today from an accident/repair and I feel like I got a new car again (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...t-f-sport.html )

As part of this thread, please let us know a little more as I periodically tally up the stats. Always interesting to see this stuff...

3) Major features/options
4) Any modifications done
5) Gender and Age Group (M/F, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc)

Thanks and enjoy!
Old 03-28-13, 08:12 PM
XZLR8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@LexusNN ~ It's funny that you'd post that picture, because I was very close to getting Silver instead of Nebula. Almost all of my BMWs over the years have been Titanium Silver, so I decided to try something different this time. Plus, I really like the way the Nebula looks with the graphite colored wheels. Hopefully I made the right choice.

@corradoMR2 ~ No modifications planned at this point, other than I had them tint the front driver and passenger side windows to match the back factory tint. Demographically, I'm a 43 year old guy.

Thanks for the welcome! I used to post here years ago, when we owned a '04 RX330 and a '04 SC430. Since then, I've owned nothing but BMWs. I've kept up on Lexus' vehicles, though, as my mother went through a string of LSs before her current GS F-Sport and my father drives a 2011 GX.
Old 03-29-13, 04:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

TALLY UPDATE

It's that interesting time again to see what F-Sport we buy and who the buyer is.

- 3.5L (19), Hybrid (2)
- Starfire Pearl (6), Claret Mica (3), Silver Lining Metallic (3), Nebula Gray Pearl (5), Stargazer Black (2), Deep Sea Mica (2)
- Mods (4)
- Male (12), Female (7)
- Age 20s (2), 30s (7), 40s (7), 50s (2), 60s (0), 70s+ (0)

Numbers have definitely increased since the last tally and we are beginning to see a clear preference in color for SFP with NGP a close second. As for the buyer, mostly male, with age groups in the 30s and 40s dominate. However, interesting to see that this more "macho" RX is also luring in the female buyer at over a third of the tally.

Quick Reply: F-Sport ROLLCALL Thread