RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Blackberry & RX350

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 01:37 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Blackberry & RX350

Just coming out of the dinosaur age & traded my old flip phone for a Blackberry Curve.
I have the phone paired with the car but cannot get the contact list to upload.
Upon getting the prompts from the car to upload, I send the list from the phone.
System will receive only 1 of 168 contacts. System terminates the connection & then reconnects it.

Do I have another step I'm missing here?
Maybe some secret squirrel stuff the manual doesn't cover ?
Old 11-16-12, 02:11 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Steve, from one dinosaur to another, these things are written for kids that graduated from High School and could use computers. I was in my late 40's before I got my 1st cell phone (and it was in a bag). Now most dealers have a special person dedicated to show you how the 'secret squirrel' stuff works () and get your phone hooked up so I'd suggest a visit to your most local one.

Now just for the my edification and curiosity, why did you settle for a Blackberry VS 'Droid or other smart phone? Hasn't Blackberry gone from a flickering flame to a smoking ember? I here lots of stories lately on the news that doesn't bode well for them.
Originally Posted by SteveCraig
Just coming out of the dinosaur age & traded my old flip phone for a Blackberry Curve.
I have the phone paired with the car but cannot get the contact list to upload.
Upon getting the prompts from the car to upload, I send the list from the phone.
System will receive only 1 of 168 contacts. System terminates the connection & then reconnects it.

Do I have another step I'm missing here?
Maybe some secret squirrel stuff the manual doesn't cover ?
Old 11-16-12, 02:42 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Jim,
I'm in the construction sector & often have dirty/grimy hands at work. Tried to buy a plain-Jane replacement identical to my old unit but they've been discontinued.They tried to sell me a touch screen phone, IPhone, but I wouldn't have it. I'd have the screen & the protector beaten off in a week. The Blackberry has a mouse allowing one point of contact. Bought an Otter box to go with it. The Curve was the smallest I could find. It should be an interesting next couple weeks.
Put the same question at the phone store. Blackberry should be taken over/purchased by another well known telephone vendor in the near future.

I too remember the bag phones. I had one in a company truck +/- 1990. It was HUGE high tech at the time. Not everyone got one either!
I still keep a rotary dial desk phone in my basement workshop. Children have friends in constantly & always the same reaction when it rings. Many of the friends have heard they do in fact exist but only in museums.

I'll get the car to the dealer & have the phone book uploaded. No rush for me as my wife is the primary driver. I may just wait until a regular service interval is due.

Still have the rack removal kit on the shelf. I was able to change the exterior screws to stainless & am now on the fence about removing the rack. This will probably happen but not immediately.

Cheers,

Last edited by SteveCraig; 11-16-12 at 02:54 PM.