Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

After market, body roll improvement for RX350?

Old 07-18-14, 12:14 PM   #76
RXinNJ
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLexiRx View Post
FWD Rx 350 2013 with Sport Appearance package, that means 19" Fsport wheels, idk what tires. With tow package, which would add slightly more weight to the front end.

I just got this vehicle last month. It's great on my potholed roads that surround my house like a mine field, arg! I have to have a flexible suspension to deal with these roads, downtown Dallas, TX. So bigger rims is not really an option.

It was going great until my first roadtrip this week. I was fully loaded, 2 people, full boot with no extra space, it barely fit, hanging clothes all the way across the backseat. Going 80mph in a straight line on the highway is not a problem, but some of the more aggressive highway curves made me uncomfortable going even 75mph, which is the speed limit minimum,

I like a little give in the suspension but I think the extra weight made my vehicle sway more than usual on highway dips. So, I want to minimize the excessive body roll, and sway, and/or bouncy boat feel, without losing the pothole road armor, that keeps me comfortable around my neighborhood.

Should I replace the rear shocks with KYB "OEM" style? Would this give me a slightly stiffer rear end? No one has mentioned this idea yet. (Originally I looked for Bilstein but they don't make shocks for this vehicle.) This is my preference to start. I will say that I test drove an F Sport Rx350, and did not like the suspension for my neighborhood, it jarred me too much, so I need something in between.

I like the idea of wheel spacers to give me a wider stance. Or I could drop the vehicle with Zoom Bane springs, maybe 1" or 2". I probably don't want to do larger sway bars, in fact I would remove them completely like a jeep crawler, but I might completely fly off the highway at 80mph. I will also consider the "body damper" that Dolphin installed, it sounded like Dolphin really liked that upgrade. My old 1998 Chevy C1500 truck benefited a lot from being lowered, but it was hell around the neighborhood, before and after the lowering.
I couldn't help but notice, and I don't mean this to sound rude, but you're talking about all of these suspension mods and you haven't even determined what tires you have. Personally I would start there, and I say this as someone who had had (3) different sets of tires on my RX (18's). I noticed quite a difference in handling between them, and it wasn't wear-related because I swapped out one set after only a month. You shouldn't be uncomfortable on a highway curve at 75 mph, especially with 19's.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
RXinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 12:14 PM

Tags
350, bar, bilstein, easy, floaty, highlander, improve, lexus, make, modification, rx, rx350, shocks, sway, upgrade