RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New RX ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 01:02 PM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am now at approximately day 70 of my 90 - 120 day wait for the RX I ordered. Call from salesman this AM saying it will now be 60 - 90 MORE days! Seems HUD is the holdup.
Old 01-21-13, 07:35 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think your dealer is spinning a yarn- at least 60% of new RX's have navigation - so I fail to see why that would be the hold-up! Just look around your dealership at new inventory. While you are at it, what percentage of new RX's are coming from Japan? Salesmen will say anything!

dentate
Oshawa, ON
currently wintering in
Port Charlotte, Fl
Old 01-21-13, 07:37 PM
dentate
Driver

Sorry you said HUD - I would say that's about 10% and a fairly common option for either Cambridge or Japan...if you had said Mark Levinson sound system--that's not common in the USA but standard on either of our Ultra Premiums or the F-sport....

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Port Charlotte, Fl
Old 01-22-13, 06:01 PM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by naplesam
I am now at approximately day 70 of my 90 - 120 day wait for the RX I ordered. Call from salesman this AM saying it will now be 60 - 90 MORE days! Seems HUD is the holdup.
Naplesam - my special order RX 450h took just short of 4 months. It's Japanese-built and was a relatively unique package at the time - ordered with BSM package before they actually started making them. All in all though I remain very happy that I ordered and got exactly the vehicle I wanted.

The only thing I would change would be to have the dealer swap out the Dunlop tires in favor of Michelins. On the other hand, if that's my biggest complaint then I'd still say I'm a very happy driver.
Old 01-23-13, 07:18 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Did your dealer actually put in a special order for your vehicle to be built to your specifications or is he just searching inbound vehicles for one that matches your specs? Most dealers don't like/don't know how to special order a vehicle so they fall back on the latter option. I would quiz him about it and have him show you the paperwork which shows that he actually has a special order with the factory, Japan or Canada. It sounds like you are getting the runaround.
Old 01-23-13, 08:30 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Ask the dealer for a build date and expected arrival. I had mine one month into my four month wait. It's available online.
Old 01-24-13, 03:08 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

What's the first digit of the VIN they gave you? If it is not "J", it is not made in Japan.
Old 01-24-13, 05:06 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My original order for a 2012 RX450h placed last Fall was delayed in Japan well beyond what the dealer could control... Ended up being a problem with (we believe) HUD and/or some other parts constraint on my fully loaded RX. Other special orders at the dealership were coming in, mine didn't get built until month 5. My sales mgr ended up getting Lexus HQ involved at month 4 when it was late according to his view of things, but the only way to improve my build date was to remove options which he knew I didn't want to do -- anyway, that delay opened the window for me to swap to a 2013, which I did, and I remain very happy with my decision on a rock solid ride... even though it was nearly 8 months from the time of original order until I took delivery of my "2nd" special order. ;-)

Hang in there. If you want the options you've ordered, it will be worth the wait once it arrives.
Old 01-25-13, 08:12 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I special ordered my RX350 in June 2009. It took 5 months from order to delivery.

I was very happy to get *exactly* what I wanted.

Sandi
Old 02-01-13, 08:34 AM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recap & Update

....Ordered car on Nov 10 and was told 90 to 120 days.
....Update on Jan 18 that it would be 60 to 90 days more, so to expect delivery mid-March to mid- April.
....Got feedback from you guys!! Asked for more info!
....Sales Manager emailed today with delivery between Feb 13 and 20th! And...he provided a VIN.

It starts with a "2", so it is Canadian (which suits me fine, eh?) rather than what the dealership originally told me, which was that HUD was only done in Japan.

Thanks "dentate" and others! You know your "stuff"!
Old 02-01-13, 11:48 AM
Crafty1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is HUD? I am just in the process of ordering an RX but my is in stock.
Old 02-01-13, 11:55 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Crafty1
What is HUD? I am just in the process of ordering an RX but my is in stock.
"Heads Up Display". A $1500 option to see your speed and Nav turn indicator projected in the windshield in front of you. I just LOVE it, as I bet most others do that have it. We'd like to see a little more information displayed, but even as it is, it quickly became a must have for my future rides.
Old 02-06-13, 11:55 AM
Crafty1
Driver School Candidate

Default New RX 300 bougt

I just bought a 2013 RX 350 and I pick it up on Saturday. WOW am I excited as it is my first LEXUS. Having a hard time figuring out this website - as I can't find where to post - will keep trying!!!
Old 02-07-13, 05:12 PM
westden
Driver School Candidate

Default Sales

Has anyone heard feedback on how the sales in going for the F sport? I guess Lexus is attempting to inject some testosterone into a vehicle targeted for women.
Old 02-08-13, 02:16 AM
CSSLDR
Driver School Candidate

I asked the business Mgr in one of the dealers in NJ what % of RX's were F Sports. He said about 10%. That seems about right as I have had to go to many dealers just to see the colors in person. No dealer has more than 1 or 2 at any given time.
They are selling everyone they make and I hope they don't increase production. It would be nice to have the most unique version of the most popular car they sell.

Last edited by CSSLDR; 02-08-13 at 02:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: New RX ordered!