Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Navigating through Satellite Radio Stations

Old 10-07-12, 05:28 PM   #1
wjbarton
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Question Navigating through Satellite Radio Stations

Does anyone else have trouble searching through the available XM radio stations to find one that you are looking for? For example: its Saturday and I want to see what College Football games are on. Has anyone figured out an easy way to scroll through the available say "Sports" stations easily and safely while driving. I know I can roll though all the stations using the Tuner **** and when I get to about station 200 or so there are a bunch of stations mostly MLB and hockey it seems, and if I carefully scroll through these one at a time, watching the station description (while driving), I can occasionally find something I'm interested in. Has anyone figured out an easier, safer way to do this? Does the "Type" button have a role here? What am I missing?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
wjbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 05:44 PM   #2
sarhento
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbarton View Post
Does anyone else have trouble searching through the available XM radio stations to find one that you are looking for? For example: its Saturday and I want to see what College Football games are on. Has anyone figured out an easy way to scroll through the available say "Sports" stations easily and safely while driving. I know I can roll though all the stations using the Tuner **** and when I get to about station 200 or so there are a bunch of stations mostly MLB and hockey it seems, and if I carefully scroll through these one at a time, watching the station description (while driving), I can occasionally find something I'm interested in. Has anyone figured out an easier, safer way to do this? Does the "Type" button have a role here? What am I missing?
The "type" button is what you need to press to navigate from one type of genre to another (comedy, sports, pop, etc). Then you scroll within the group to select the station you want to listen to.
sarhento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 10:02 AM   #3
MachineMan
Driver School Candidate

Default After you are on the TYPE of station, select the SCAN option to scan just that type

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhento View Post
The "type" button is what you need to press to navigate from one type of genre to another (comedy, sports, pop, etc). Then you scroll within the group to select the station you want to listen to.
If you select SCAN a second time ... the scanning stops.

you can also scroll manually as mentioned in the quote above.

Last edited by MachineMan; 10-08-12 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: more
MachineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 10:02 AM

Tags
car, football, games, lexus, local, mybb, powered, radio, sat, satellite, search, station, stations, vbulletin, xm