RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Winter floor mats question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 05:11 AM
saz25
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter floor mats question

Hi,
I am new to Lexus ('13 RX350). I am looking for winter/rubber floor mats for the upcoming New England winters.

Does anyone have suggestions for good all-weather floor mats for the RX350?

On another vehicle I purchased Lloyds mats; though these weren't winter mats. I love them. They also make a product called Rubbertite, which is an all-weather rubber mat. Anyone use these? Comments?

Also, does anyone know of dealers who discount such products?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-10-12, 05:17 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Read here in the FAQs

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...tore-pics.html
Old 09-10-12, 06:07 AM
Cruzer1
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2010 RX and have used WeatherTech (see link above) for the past 3 Ohio winter seasons. They are fantastic winter mats.
Old 09-10-12, 06:28 AM
saz25
Rookie

Originally Posted by DunWkg
It seems that from your pictures, the drivers mat isn't secured by the 2 floor mat fasteners. Are they ? Or do they just rest on top of the plastic fasteners?
thanks,
Steve
Old 09-10-12, 08:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Steve, congrats on your 350.

I have the Lloyd's Rubbertites. Been using them for the past 8 years in the RX. They hold up nicely in the winter with no sign of wear. Note, the driver side mat does not go under the gas pedal. A little carpet cleaner can take of any dirt that accumulates. They have holes to secure them in place up front. Mine are over the carpeted mats. They aren't going anywhere. I paid about $130 for the two front mats, one piece rear mat and the cargo mat three years ago. I got them from somewhere else but check out CL vendors here to get a discount. I like the design better than the Weathertechs. And they come in lots of colors. The only downside is the mats stink when new, probably because they are manufactured after the order is placed. I had a few months to air them out before the 450h came in. You'll need maybe a week.
Old 09-10-12, 09:25 AM
saz25
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
Steve, congrats on your 350.

I have the Lloyd's Rubbertites. Been using them for the past 8 years in the RX. They hold up nicely in the winter with no sign of wear. Note, the driver side mat does not go under the gas pedal. A little carpet cleaner can take of any dirt that accumulates. They have holes to secure them in place up front. Mine are over the carpeted mats. They aren't going anywhere. I paid about $130 for the two front mats, one piece rear mat and the cargo mat three years ago. I got them from somewhere else but check out CL vendors here to get a discount. I like the design better than the Weathertechs. And they come in lots of colors. The only downside is the mats stink when new, probably because they are manufactured after the order is placed. I had a few months to air them out before the 450h came in. You'll need maybe a week.
So the posts that secure the stock carpeted mats, through the holes, have enough clearance to also support the Rubbertite as well? The stock mats look to be very secure. I didn't think there was enough space to secure 2 mats together.

Is that what Lloyds designed them for' to be installed over stock mats.? If so, I'm ordering them today.

I keep reading about that smell. That's amazing. Should I just leave them out side in my back yard for a few weeks? I really don't plan to need them till snow season which is several months away (I hope).

thanks,
Steve

P.S.: I have Lloyds logo carpeted mats in my Corvette. I love them. That's why I'm looking at their all-weather mats for my RX.
Old 09-10-12, 10:33 AM
Stanford9
Driver School Candidate

I use the Husky mats and cargo tray.They look good and work very well.They do not have hooks to keep them in place and they do not need them.
Old 09-10-12, 01:45 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by saz25
So the posts that secure the stock carpeted mats, through the holes, have enough clearance to also support the Rubbertite as well? The stock mats look to be very secure. I didn't think there was enough space to secure 2 mats together.

Is that what Lloyds designed them for' to be installed over stock mats.? If so, I'm ordering them today.

I keep reading about that smell. That's amazing. Should I just leave them out side in my back yard for a few weeks? I really don't plan to need them till snow season which is several months away (I hope).

thanks,
Steve

P.S.: I have Lloyds logo carpeted mats in my Corvette. I love them. That's why I'm looking at their all-weather mats for my RX.
I leave the Rubbertites on top of the carpeted mats because they're much more secure that way. The top of the clip is maybe less than an inch above the mat. I have to curl the mat backwards to release them. I know it's not recommended but I haven't had any issues ever. And only I touch them.

I stored the Rubbertites in the basement when I first got them. The smell was strong for the first week. After that it got better. I've been extremely happy with them especially since they don't wear at all. I use Dawn and a brush to clean them. The cut is exact too. I'm sure you'll like them.
Old 09-10-12, 02:29 PM
jimmymagic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saz25
It seems that from your pictures, the drivers mat isn't secured by the 2 floor mat fasteners. Are they ? Or do they just rest on top of the plastic fasteners?
thanks,
Steve
The Weathertech mats are indeed secured by the floor mat fasteners on both the driver and passenger side
Old 09-10-12, 03:53 PM
Woodrow
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Caution - Make sure you get the correct mats!

I had a 2010 RX with WeatherTech winter mats, that were secured with the hook device attached to the floor of the car (and has always worked very well). I assumed I could use the same mats when I got a 2013 RX. The back seat mats work great, but the front mats don't come close to fitting.

The new car uses a different device to secure them, and they don't match up with the mats for the 2010 at all. It's a button type of thing that you push the mats onto, and rotate to lock them in. I called WeatherTech to see if they had a new design, since the '13 isn't listed on their web site. I was told that mats for the '13 won't be available for another 6 weeks. I'm told that Lexus has the correct mat, but I don't see it on any website (I checked Sewell as well as my local dealer).

I love the WeatherTech mats, and will wait until they finish the redesign.

Last edited by Woodrow; 09-11-12 at 09:08 AM.