RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-15-14, 03:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

TPMS reset switch - easy way to find without looking

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-14, 01:42 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the write-up and video on the location of the reset button. That's very handy.

(I check the tire pressure. After more than 3 years, the pressure are 29 psi. I made it 32 psi. I will be checking tire pressure more often. )

Last edited by LeoDLion; 08-22-14 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-10-14, 06:44 PM
jmessina15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Rain sensing wipers

Originally Posted by mrsunny
Thanks BertL. Also, wondering if my RX350 has the automatic rain sensing wipers? It is not listed on the specification sheet. I tried to test it myself by pouring some water on the windshield but nothing happened the sensers did not move at all. Any thoughts?
I believe your wiper stalk (right side) needs to be dropped one position. If its up all the way it won't work. However, keep in mind that if you go thru the car wash, you should put the lever all the way up or else the wipers will go crazy. When your done, drop it down the next notch again and they'll be ready when it rains. Also remember that the amount of time they take to come on will be controlled by how you have the time adjustment dial set. jm
Old 05-24-15, 03:23 PM
KillerBee
Driver School Candidate

Default don't forget the spare..

been scratching my head on this one..

had a TPMS light on for a few months and couldn't seem to figure out why..

had 33psi of n2 in each tire, checked with a Schrader high pressure t-handle [from my reservoir shock filler] which prevents leakage from checking pressure..

so finally, my father in law [who owns a very large independent automotive repair garage] suggested that I check the spare..

well, indeed, the full size spare does have a TPMS sensor and it was low.. probably didn't have n2 in it either so I pulled the core and refilled it with 33psi of n2 and voila!

thanks for the reset tips, wasn't aware of that switch there either..

lights out and all is well again in family station wagon
Old 11-14-16, 09:59 AM
DHarrietha
8th Gear

Default Tire sensor light - rx 350 - 2015

My tire pressure light came on a few days ago. The tires all have sufficient air. I read some posts that mention a tire sensor reset button .... does my car have one that i could try. I would really like to avoid high garage service fees.
Old 11-15-16, 11:03 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,092 Likes on 932 Posts

Dharrietha - all you have to do is read page one of this thread to answer your question..Also - be sure to check your spare.
Old 12-10-16, 02:00 PM
ribster197
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Tpms warning light

I have a 2013 Lexus rx350

Can someone help me for the love of GOD! how to turn off the TPMS warning light. it is such a big detraction. (steady, flashing, flashing steady) it real driving my up the wall.
Is there a switch, button, or fuse. SOMETHING to turn this F#$#ling thing off. I'm sure some people say buy TPMS valves to turn it off. I think they are probably over priced.
maybe ill just put black tape over it.
Old 12-10-16, 05:25 PM
novaman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ribster197
I have a 2013 Lexus rx350

Can someone help me for the love of GOD! how to turn off the TPMS warning light. it is such a big detraction. (steady, flashing, flashing steady) it real driving my up the wall.
Is there a switch, button, or fuse. SOMETHING to turn this F#$#ling thing off. I'm sure some people say buy TPMS valves to turn it off. I think they are probably over priced.
maybe ill just put black tape over it.
On my 2015 RX, the tpm went off automatically when I brought tire preasure up to spec.

Hope this helps

novaman
Old 12-10-16, 05:48 PM
ribster197
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks Novaman
Old 12-12-16, 06:29 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Quick fix - remove instrument cluster and pull the bulb.
Old 12-13-16, 08:22 AM
lexusblood
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem. Little known secret is that in addition to the 4 operational tire pressures the full size spare tire pressure is checked too! You will need to go to the back and use the tool to lower the spare tire to the ground and make sure it's up to 30 psi. Then the (!) light will go off. Good luck!
Old 12-13-16, 10:27 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusblood
I had the same problem. Little known secret is that in addition to the 4 operational tire pressures the full size spare tire pressure is checked too! You will need to go to the back and use the tool to lower the spare tire to the ground and make sure it's up to 30 psi. Then the (!) light will go off. Good luck!
lexusblood, just to let you know the 3RX does not have a full spare or sensor. It's also located under the cargo floor. I believe in Europe though they get a full spare. Not sure about a sensor. The 2RX did and was outside.

ribster, TPMS is usually triggered when the pressure drops 6 PSI. It also depends on the pressure when reset. Try overinflating the tires a bit, hit the reset button, then adjust to the desired level. This way it doesn't drop dangerously low. The cold temps will definitely affect the pressure, In rare cases, the light can be caused by a bad sensor.
Old 12-14-16, 08:01 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
lexusblood, just to let you know the 3RX does not have a full spare or sensor. It's also located under the cargo floor. I believe in Europe though they get a full spare. Not sure about a sensor. The 2RX did and was outside.

ribster, TPMS is usually triggered when the pressure drops 6 PSI. It also depends on the pressure when reset. Try overinflating the tires a bit, hit the reset button, then adjust to the desired level. This way it doesn't drop dangerously low. The cold temps will definitely affect the pressure, In rare cases, the light can be caused by a bad sensor.

where is the reset button? i cant find it on mine?
Old 12-14-16, 12:37 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus114
where is the reset button? i cant find it on mine?
Click here.
Old 12-15-16, 07:12 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz

Thank you....
Old 12-15-16, 12:00 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

electrical tape. works every winter.