RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Good bye RX. Welcome back MDX!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-12, 01:10 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I previously purchased 2 Acuras from DCH Montclair Acura. Great prices. They were very nice, but tough to get a loaner which is inconvenient when you work.
Old 07-16-12, 02:11 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwbuggy
I guess we Canadians can at least be happy that the MDX is still built here in Ontario, at least until the Fall. Any reason that you didn't look at the RDX krypttic?
The RDX is too small and also didn't seem as much of a luxury vehicle as the RX or the MDX (and its price reflects this).
Old 07-16-12, 02:19 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Even though I love the RX 350, there's one thing i hate about it.. It doesn't have EXCLUSIVITY.
WhEre i live, you see a lot of 350/450h all 3 generations of them.
Without exaggeration, i see more people driving RXs than Nissan Murano.
So i'm glad to see people trying out other CUVs.

Nothing againts the MDX, parent Company is Honda which is also know for being reliable.
I had my share of driving a civic when i was younger, it's more fun than a Corolla for sure..
Trade off is the wind noise plus the road noise on average speed.
Old 07-16-12, 05:12 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes, the RX is very common near me. I see a ton of them everyday. They must be doing something right if there is that many on the road. lol

Congratulations on the purchase! Hope you enjoy the MDX.
Old 07-16-12, 06:19 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hypervish
Yes, the RX is very common near me. I see a ton of them everyday. They must be doing something right if there is that many on the road. lol

Congratulations on the purchase! Hope you enjoy the MDX.
in 2011, out of the 5 WORST selling vehicles in the US, TWO of them were ACURAS,,,,could have had a real exclusive vehicle than!!
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...cars-of-2011/1
Old 07-17-12, 01:36 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

These are "mainstream" vehicles so there is NO exclusivity at all. Try NSX or LS600h, LFA, or even IS-F.

Getting the MDX Advance or RX450h (with LED headlight ...) will have little exclusivity.
Old 07-17-12, 01:45 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The MDX will most definitely have more exclusivity than the RX. I'm sure it depends on what are you live in, but in my area that's definitely true.

But, I agree, if you want a car that nobody has get the LFA. But, even better is the Nürburgring Edition. LOL
Old 07-17-12, 02:11 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

So many cars, so little time...........it's great that there are so many manufacturers that produce so many diverse vehicles. The problem for me, at least, is not one of them is perfect. Only I can define the particular vehicle that meets my needs (or desires) better than all the rest. That's the one to buy. The MDX fits that criteria for you, so have many miles of enjoyment and check in every once in a while to give us updates.
Old 07-17-12, 03:28 PM
data2009
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeP
So many cars, so little time...........it's great that there are so many manufacturers that produce so many diverse vehicles. The problem for me, at least, is not one of them is perfect. Only I can define the particular vehicle that meets my needs (or desires) better than all the rest. That's the one to buy. The MDX fits that criteria for you, so have many miles of enjoyment and check in every once in a while to give us updates.
Well said, MikeP.

I admit I've been annoyed with Honda/Acura for being lackluster with most of their current offerings, but somehow MDX has kept that combination of Multi-Dimensional X-over (or X-trainer) formula, which after 12 years still won me over. Both MDX and RX followed their respective paths and are often cross-shopped, but they are not in the same category and are intended for different audiences. In over 3 years driving RX, I never felt excited being behind the wheel. Now, I'm in MDX for 3 days, and every night I kiss goodnight to wife and kids, grab the keys, and go - love that hungry growl!
Old 07-17-12, 03:51 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by data2009
Well said, MikeP.

Now, I'm in MDX for 3 days, and every night I kiss goodnight to wife and kids, grab the keys, and go - love that hungry growl!
That's what it's all about. Just remember to return to wife & kids.
Old 07-17-12, 05:59 PM
data2009
Pole Position

LOL - Sure
Old 07-17-12, 10:39 PM
plusONEran
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i just picked up a CPO black '10RX450h... My next pick up will be a white MDX =)
Old 07-18-12, 06:10 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Love this quote. Yes, Wife & kids >>>>>> MDX
Old 07-18-12, 11:01 AM
TomT127
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If we had needed the extra space and seat we would probably have picked the MDX but our kids are all grown up and the 3rd seat is not really practical for adults. Plus we wanted something that was more fun to drive. Nice looking vehicle though.
Old 07-18-12, 01:47 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TomT127
If we had needed the extra space and seat we would probably have picked the MDX but our kids are all grown up and the 3rd seat is not really practical for adults. Plus we wanted something that was more fun to drive. Nice looking vehicle though.
MDX will be my pick too if i need 7 seats. Beautiful car

Quick Reply: Good bye RX. Welcome back MDX!