RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Homelink issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-12, 07:18 PM
mattiv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink issues

Hello. Are there others out there with problems with connecting to the garage door? I've found that previous cars have had no issues with connectivity. I can't seem to get my new 2012 rx3500 to work.
Old 05-27-12, 07:34 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

It was very simple to program and it works great. The signal range is good too.
Old 05-27-12, 07:36 PM
zmanRX350
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattiv
Hello. Are there others out there with problems with connecting to the garage door? I've found that previous cars have had no issues with connectivity. I can't seem to get my new 2012 rx3500 to work.
Me too. Does not connect to my 433MHz garage door signal.
Old 05-27-12, 08:07 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

What garage opener do y'all have?
Old 05-27-12, 08:18 PM
Paul B
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have an opener with rolling codes? Give more particulars with brand of opener. Also, you need to check if the opener button in the car has been previously programmed to another opener. Depress the button in the car you want to program and it should blink slowly. If it blinks very quickly, erase the current programming or use another button that blinks slowly.
Old 05-28-12, 04:27 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

You may need a repeater. Check out this thread for more information.
Old 05-28-12, 08:35 AM
2011RX350
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

reading the garage door opener versus the Lexus instructions was confusing, and I struggled for a while. Then I watched it on Youtube and it was so simple and quick it made me wonder why they wrote those instructions the way they did..
Old 05-28-12, 08:59 AM
2alanrob2
Driver School Candidate

When I was dealing with this last week, I found the instructions on the Homelink site to be helpful.

If your opener has rolling codes, you need to hit the "learning" or "teach" button on the opener, scramble down off the ladder, then punch the Homelink button in the vehicle in a span of 30 seconds. Or use two people.
Old 05-28-12, 10:09 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My only issue with the Homelink button is that they are active even if the ignition is off. Security issue if you leave the car on the driveway, as anyone that breaks a window can now open the garage door.

Before someone says, this is the same with having your opener on the visor or somewhere in the car, the opener is not integrated in the car, and one can chose to take it in and out. No such choice with Homelink.
Old 05-28-12, 10:37 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
My only issue with the Homelink button is that they are active even if the ignition is off. Security issue if you leave the car on the driveway, as anyone that breaks a window can now open the garage door.

Before someone says, this is the same with having your opener on the visor or somewhere in the car, the opener is not integrated in the car, and one can chose to take it in and out. No such choice with Homelink.
Excellent point. Perhaps requiring the fob in the car or requiring a code being entered into the nav with the function being enabled or disabled via menu, settings, security, garage door. I'll think I'll pass this on to Lexus.

What do other car manufacturers do?

Last edited by DunWkg; 05-28-12 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-28-12, 12:55 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Better to just leave the car in the garage. All manufactures leave the home link on. Far more dangerous to have a separate remote in the car that can be stolen any where you park or leave the car. All someone has to do is find yor registration in the car and they are in your home
Old 05-28-12, 06:05 PM
mattiv
Driver School Candidate

Default I got it.

Hello everyone.
I went to the website and programmed home link to my wireless keypad. I took it off the wall and punched my security code and pressed enter and the home link button at the same time. I then got out and pressed the learn button on the garage door opener and the home link button next. Things went much better. I have a Sears Craftsman circa 2001.
Thanks for your input.
Cheers.
Old 05-28-12, 07:00 PM
VVRX
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My0gr81

My garage door opener which is made by Liftmaster has a code lock-out button which will lock-out any opener including the homelink. Also, here in California, it is not necessary to keep your registration in your vehicle. You need only to show proof of insurance which you carry on your self.
Old 05-28-12, 07:56 PM
EZ3Putt
Driver School Candidate

"All manufactures leave the home link on."

The above is not true. My Mercedes homelink turned off as soon as ignition was turned off
Old 05-28-12, 08:05 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My BMW also had homelink off when the ignition was off. I found that to be a real issue, as I could not get in my car, open the garage door, turn on the ignition when ready, and then drve out. Always had to remember to open the garage door before getting in the BMW. I like the Lexus implementation a whole lot better.

Quick Reply: Homelink issues