RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Leather color choice consensus

Old 05-15-12, 11:43 AM
KOPGLOVE
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Leather color choice consensus

I have had parchmont (Beige) interior on most of my cars and now I have grey thinking its a new look. Now I'm not feeling it as of yet. In my opinion I feel that Beige has a more luxury look and grey not so much. I took delivery of this because they didn't have beige (parchmont). I figured I would try something new. I'm just wanting to know what others opinions are.
Old 05-15-12, 11:47 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You may want to check out another recent thread still going strong here on the boards about another person not feeling it for grey, as there are opinions on parchment there as well. As for me, I like both. I have grey in my existing RX400h and think it's great. I had tan in my RX300 before that and will have it on my new RX450h next month.

Last edited by BertL; 05-15-12 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added link to other thread
Old 05-15-12, 12:12 PM
KOPGLOVE
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BertL
You may want to check out another recent thread still going strong here on the boards about another person not feeling it for grey, as there are opinions on parchment there as well. As for me, I like both. I have grey in my existing RX400h and think it's great. I had tan in my RX300 before that and will have it on my new RX450h next month.
Thank you for that positive reply, I Feel much better. Thank you so much. I will look at that thread.
Old 05-15-12, 12:27 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Parchment is very nice...but I feel that the wear and tear will show more than the grey,,of course black is king but then evrything shows..lint...dirt..etc.....I do have a grey on my 2012 that I just got qnd it is the basically the same "tonality" as the parchment but the wife (you know what I mean?...) liked it BETTER!...enough said...lol
Old 05-15-12, 01:51 PM
j0emama
Pole Position

Personally I hate the Tan/Beige coloring interior on cars. Makes them feel like old peoples cars. Black or Greyish always for me.
Old 05-15-12, 03:05 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by j0emama
Personally I hate the Tan/Beige coloring interior on cars. Makes them feel like old peoples cars. Black or Greyish always for me.
hey!!!...hey!!!!!...old people's car?.......sooooo.......I am defending the old crowd here...what?...does that mean that because we are old we lost our taste?......lol......
Old 05-15-12, 03:13 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

it depends!! a lot on the EXTERIOR color.
dark exterior will look better with a light interior ( except Black on Black which is classy or gangsta depending on who you ask).
Old 05-15-12, 05:58 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK here it goes, I am sure to offend someone. I believe the parchment is the classiest interior color, black is what all the lesser vehicles come standard with and you have no choice other than black. Black car with a tan interior is awesome and classic. At least we get a choice and for '13 we get a new choice, saddle. As always to each his own which is why there are choices.
Old 05-15-12, 06:45 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by svofan1
Parchment is very nice...but I feel that the wear and tear will show more than the grey,,of course black is king but then evrything shows..lint...dirt..etc.....I do have a grey on my 2012 that I just got qnd it is the basically the same "tonality" as the parchment but the wife (you know what I mean?...) liked it BETTER!...enough said...lol

As I said in another thread the wife had me going to gray also. Pushed me into a car with NAV to get it. I think it looks great with the black dash board now. I've had the parchment 5 times and this is the second gray. Still haven't been able to pull the trigger on black though. Maybe next time.
Old 05-15-12, 07:55 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

These colors are personal preference ... we should just be thankful that options exist. I like Parchment; which is what I have on my Starfire Pearl 450h. I think that I like grey also ... except on the 450h, the doors were black and only a tiny part of the arm rest was grey. I did not like that look and rejected grey because there was just too much black trim in the car. I personally do not connect with black Lexus interiors and would never purchase a Lexus with a black interior. The new saddle interior, which I have not seen yet, might be an interesting. So everyone has their personal preferences.

My second car is a Subaru Outback that I use for fun retirement type activities. Subaru only offers ONE interior color for each exterior color. Now that is a real problem. I liked the Subaru in Steel Silver Metallic, which is a medium grey metallic. But, it only came with a charcoal interior (this is a dark, near black interior). So I went with the charcoal interior ... ending up with a car in Parchment and one in Charcoal (near black).

Last edited by UCSB; 05-15-12 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-18-12, 10:08 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by j0emama
I agree, it does remind me of old people. I can't stand beige! Out of the 15 or so I looked at before deciding on my RX 10 were beige. As soon as I saw the interior I would just pass on them.
Old 05-19-12, 08:02 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Being age impaired, I like parchment. looks good in obsidian exterior.
I like gray as it goes so well with the dark gray dash.
Tan too brownIsh
Saddle may grow on me
Black looks hard and not luxury (have it in our other car)
Old 05-19-12, 08:54 AM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I am going with....

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Being age impaired, I like parchment. looks good in obsidian exterior.
I like gray as it goes so well with the dark gray dash.
Tan too brownIsh
Saddle may grow on me
Black looks hard and not luxury (have it in our other car)
I am going with Saddle....
I don't like gray or black; it reminds me of young people.
I guess the only advantage we "old people " have is that we can pay cash for ours!!!
Old 05-19-12, 03:47 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
I guess the only advantage we "old people " have is that we can pay cash for ours!!!
Lmao....touché
Old 05-19-12, 04:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
Amen fellow old guy....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leather color choice consensus