RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Any 2013's show up at dealers yet???

Old 05-16-12, 02:26 PM
gqscholar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2pilgrim
2013, it is coming in to late on thursday with the prep time and clear coating i will have to wait until monday as i
have to leave town for the weekend. hope it goes by fast.
Congrads for your brand new purchase.

Congrads again for possibly being the first on this board to actually drive away in a 2013 RX.
Old 05-18-12, 07:26 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The 2013's now only come with a single CD player which is how they cleared some of those buttons off the face plate. The center console is a huge improvement with the lid opening 90 degrees for better access and the outlets are more accessible. See, Lexus does listen.

Last edited by MEP7557; 05-21-12 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-18-12, 11:35 AM
Quatro40
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Warnock has them saw one in deep dark red looks really good loved the new grill.
Old 05-20-12, 11:12 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having nothing better to do early this afternoon, I took a short drive to my local dealer's storage lot to see what I could see. Sure enough there were at least seven or eight 2013s there. The colors I saw were Stargazer Black, Claret Mica, Nebula Gray Pearl, Fire Agate Pearl, and Sliver Lining Metallic. The Fire Agate Pearl and the Stargazer Black had, to my taste, a very heavy metallic metal flake look. I liked the Claret Mica but I don't know if I would want it in the long term. I know that this is just a "refresh" but I must say, based on looks alone, there was nothing there that would encourage me to update a 2010 - 2012. I really liked the new headlights but I could take or leave the new tail lights. Other than the headlights, I am not in love with the new front end. It is OK, but certainly not great in my opinion. Other than very minor changes the interior is essentially the same. They had a Sport version and a Hybrid there as well but I can't recall which color was on which RX. I know that a lot of us like the Sport model, but I personally am not a fan. What did surprise me was that the 2013 and 2012 comparably equipped models were almost identical in price. The difference was less than a few hundred dollars. So.....unless one could get some fantastic deal, why by the 2012. Another thing I noticed was something called Display Audio/Backup Camera package for $860. It is in a non Nav car and has 7" screen, 12 speakers, and a center console control **** where the mouse for the Nav unit would be located. If we did not already have 2011 RX I would certainly be interested, but not just to update what we already have. Please remember all opinions are just that Opinions and they vary from person to person. I am sure that there are those among us who think I am way off base and I am fine with that.
Old 05-20-12, 11:23 AM
Quatro40
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tri County Lexus has them already! Looks sweet.
Old 05-20-12, 11:45 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

^Yep, they do. I drove over there a little while ago. They have quite a few hiding in the back behind the fence. I could only find a Nebula Gray out in the open. I saw a hybrid and another RX in the showroom. Tons of '12s too. I plan on going next weekend to talk to my sales guy who has since transferred to Lexus of Route 10 to see the RX up close. None of the RXs at the New York Auto Show were accessible.

On a somewhat related note, I received a mailer from them the other day about giving me the highest trade in for my RX plus $1,000 in Lexus Spring Royalty Program (whatever that is) and financing as low as 0.9% on select vehicles. I'll pass.
Old 05-20-12, 11:26 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed on the interior color choices that if you get the black interior or the gray interior you can only get 'black wood', no more cherry wood?? I'm not sure what the point of having black wood could be. You might as well just have a straight leather steering wheel and aluminun where the wood pieces would go. I definitely think it would make the black interior with black wood too dark, and maybe sort of a monotonous tone. Bummer!
Old 05-21-12, 07:40 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EMSLEXUSRX, I just checked the Lexus website and you are correct about the wood tone. That is indeed a bummer. I am a fan of the black interior and that would really turn me off.
Old 05-22-12, 05:17 AM
2pilgrim
Driver School Candidate

picked up my 2013 rx yesterday and love it, however like most i do not like the ebony wood in
the interior its too dark no contrast at all. my question is can it be replaced with a wood kit or at the dealer. that is my only dissapointment with the car .
Old 05-22-12, 06:00 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on your new RX!

It's been discussed elsewhere here in the forums about replacing the interior wood trim, but it will be thousands to get it done via Lexus*. I believe there are also aftermarket stick-on options some others have used, but you'll still have the ebony steering wheel that you'd have to put a leather or synthetic cover on if it was not completely replaced. I suspect the 2013 interior trim is the same size as the 2012/11, but you'd have to ask the companies selling the trim kits, and they probably won't want to commit yet given how new the 2013 is.

My suggestion is unfortunately you're going to need to learn to love what you purchased, or perhaps be prepared to sell the vehicle a little earlier than you may have originally planned when a new color combination comes up that better suits your tastes. Hopefully the great ride and other amenities of your new RX will take your mind off the ebony. Good luck, and congrats again on being one of the first with a new 2013!

* Sewell price for complete 2012 new wood trim kit parts only is $3548.69 (Club Lexus price)

Last edited by BertL; 05-22-12 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Added wood trim kit price
Old 05-22-12, 09:23 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Man, if the wood fit my 2010, I'd trade with you in a second 2Pilgrim. Oh well, next RX I guess. I passed on changing it from brown walnut to espresso because it was $2,800 without the steering wheel and shifter (both of mine are leather-not needed), and $3,500 like BertL said with the steering wheel and shifter. Maybe it'll grow on you.

Congrats and welcome to CL. Be sure to post pictures.
Old 05-24-12, 08:05 PM
MsFeb14
Driver School Candidate

Default Waiting patiently...not!

We purchased the very first RX300 off the showroom floor in Bellevue, Wa back in 98. Sold it 7 years later (we had 4 cars and there is only the two of us.) Then in 07 we purchased a RX 350 2008 which we had until two days ago. It is now a Certified Lexus resale waiting for its new home while we anticipate the coming of our 2013 RX 450H in Stargazer Black. We are told that it is somewhere on the West Coast enroute to Lexus of Bellevue. We literally can't wait!!!!

Last edited by MsFeb14; 05-24-12 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-24-12, 08:18 PM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MsFeb14
We purchased the very first RX300 off the showroom floor in Bellevue, Wa back in 98. Sold it 7 years later (we had 4 cars and there is only the two of us.) Then in 07 we purchased a RX 350 2008 which we had until two days ago. It is now a Certified Lexus resale waiting for its new home while we anticipate the coming of our 2013 RX 450H in Stargazer Black. We are told that it is somewhere on the West Coast enroute to Lexus of Bellevue. We literally can't wait!!!!
Sweet choice MsFeb14, that's what I've chosen as well; although mine is a special order so I don't expect it until late summer. Did you get any discount off MSRP?
Old 05-25-12, 10:07 PM
MsFeb14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mklemovitc
Sweet choice MsFeb14, that's what I've chosen as well; although mine is a special order so I don't expect it until late summer. Did you get any discount off MSRP?
No, nothing off the MSRP, but they did up our trade in by 3K. We almost special ordered to get the ML, but after waffling daily about the 120 day wait, we caved and went with the Premium system. I hope we are happy with it..
Old 05-26-12, 07:44 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by MsFeb14
No, nothing off the MSRP, but they did up our trade in by 3K. We almost special ordered to get the ML, but after waffling daily about the 120 day wait, we caved and went with the Premium system. I hope we are happy with it..
You made a right choice. Congrats.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any 2013's show up at dealers yet???