RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Tire wear concerns

Old 04-22-12, 06:03 PM
XRUNNER1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire wear concerns

I did just purchase this from Lexus as a certified used and I understand FWD tire wear but is this what ya'll with FWD are seeing. The back look good no blemishes like this. I trying not to rotate since the dealer SHOULD have done this, but fom the look of things that's not the case. Thanks for any thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails Tire wear concerns-img_0210.jpg  
Old 04-23-12, 09:40 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

If its certified the tires should have been replaced especially since they look like that. The Lexus dealership near me had like 8 CPO on their lot and all had there tires replaced. The salesman told me that they want to car to be as close to new as possible.
Old 04-23-12, 12:03 PM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

tire looks rough. I wonder if the tires went over shredded glass causing the tires to chip like that. That doesn’t look good/safe. My OE Bridgestone have 38k and still looks good with even wear. Shame the Lexus dealer didin't replace the tire knowing the condition and sold as Certified.
Old 04-23-12, 12:04 PM
XRUNNER1
Driver School Candidate

I agree They should have replaced at least the front the back look new, I did email Lexus here in FL the same picture and I am waiting a response since they stated they do a 161 point inspection. We shall see.
Old 04-23-12, 02:53 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XRUNNER1
I agree They should have replaced at least the front the back look new, I did email Lexus here in FL the same picture and I am waiting a response since they stated they do a 161 point inspection. We shall see.
It shouldn't have passed the 161 point inspection with your tire looking like that. Some one dropped the ball, and if i were you I get them to replace all your tires since it was CPO. CPO's aren't suppose to have tires looking like that. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-23-12, 04:03 PM
XRUNNER1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sevn86
It shouldn't have passed the 161 point inspection with your tire looking like that. Some one dropped the ball, and if i were you I get them to replace all your tires since it was CPO. CPO's aren't suppose to have tires looking like that. Good luck and keep us posted.
Just received a call back after they saw the photo and the stated they will make it right, gotta love Lexus.
Old 04-23-12, 08:24 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Just received a call back after they saw the photo and the stated they will make it right, gotta love Lexus.
Thats awesome! Im glad they are going to take care of you!
Old 04-25-12, 04:44 PM
XRUNNER1
Driver School Candidate

Well so far there words are just that, I was told they would make it right and now there only offering me $250 for tires...That wont even buy one, so I called Corp. Lexus and pled my case. Not sure what to do I know I should have caught this because Im pretty **** about my trucks but since we looked at 4 different ones I lost focus on the tires. Truck it self is perfect shape, all in all I love the truck and may just ride with the tires for now. Waiting now 2 days and should here from Big Lexus soon.
Old 04-25-12, 07:17 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

If you pled well and sent a photo I'm betting you'll get it finished like a CPO should be. Otherwise that could hurt future CPO sales. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Well so far there words are just that, I was told they would make it right and now there only offering me $250 for tires...That wont even buy one, so I called Corp. Lexus and pled my case. Not sure what to do I know I should have caught this because Im pretty **** about my trucks but since we looked at 4 different ones I lost focus on the tires. Truck it self is perfect shape, all in all I love the truck and may just ride with the tires for now. Waiting now 2 days and should here from Big Lexus soon.
Old 04-27-12, 07:28 PM
XRUNNER1
Driver School Candidate

Ok finally results, took the truck in today to Lexus of Orange Park as per Corp. Lexus to let the service Mgr see the tires. Needless to say he did not hesitate to agree this was not right and not only did he replace the front he stated it was a good idea to do all four. With that being said we have 4 brand new Michelin tires and we are very thankful to own a Lexus and have such a great dealer who saw our saftey and not the money he lost by making this decision. Thanks again Lexus of OP and CL!
Old 04-27-12, 08:38 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good job. How long has Lexus of Orange Park been there? I used to live in Green Cove Springs and the only Lexus dealer close was in Jax. And they had you by the ^*$) hairs for service being the only one around. From what you're saying you have a good dealer.
Ok finally results, took the truck in today to Lexus of Orange Park as per Corp. Lexus to let the service Mgr see the tires. Needless to say he did not hesitate to agree this was not right and not only did he replace the front he stated it was a good idea to do all four. With that being said we have 4 brand new Michelin tires and we are very thankful to own a Lexus and have such a great dealer who saw our saftey and not the money he lost by making this decision. Thanks again Lexus of OP and CL!
Old 04-28-12, 03:59 AM
XRUNNER1
Driver School Candidate

Not to sure how long they have been here I just got here about a year ago from Va Beach VA. As far as good dealer I hope so even though I do all my maintenance myself, Just a habit since I have had a few bad experience's with dealers.
Old 04-28-12, 07:52 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Glad they took care of you. So when do we get to see pics of your Lexus?