RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

.....2012 RX 350 mats....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-12, 05:14 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile .....2012 RX 350 mats....

...does anybody have a recommendation for floor mats (not all weather) for the RX 350 2012?....I would like to have exact fit as the original Lexus ones but I do relly like the grey color (black ones do nothing for me and Lexus does not have grey ones only black or beige)...any recommendations?....appreciate your help...for next Winter I am planning to get all weather (Weathertech) grey mats....thank you all...
Old 04-22-12, 07:33 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok my mats are starting to look worn. I love the look of my oem mats. My RX came with GRAY mats!
Old 04-22-12, 07:38 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

Default ....not for 2012.....

..I have looked and inquiere at the dealer and the only colors that I could find were black which I have... and beige...no grey for the RX 350...2012.....

Last edited by svofan1; 04-23-12 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-22-12, 08:38 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Not sure what colors are left but in the clearout section at Sewells I picked up a second set of Factory ones for $40. They were black but so is my car.
Old 04-25-12, 07:13 AM
svofan1
Pole Position

I have found out that the carpet mats for the RX400h 06 to 08 has available carpet mats in light grey which is what I like. Does anyone know if those mats will fit the RX 350 2012?.....I will hate to buy aftermarket since they will not have a Lexus logo (copyright issues)....thanks all
Old 04-25-12, 07:58 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't think those will fit but I thought they made grey mats
Old 04-25-12, 08:18 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by svofan1
I have found out that the carpet mats for the RX400h 06 to 08 has available carpet mats in light grey which is what I like. Does anyone know if those mats will fit the RX 350 2012?.....I will hate to buy aftermarket since they will not have a Lexus logo (copyright issues)....thanks all
I have a 2006 RX400h with OEM Gray Carpet Mats. I also have a set of new 2010-3 All-Weather OEM Mats awaiting installation in my new 2013 when it arrives. I just laid the drivers side mats over one another... My 2006 gray carpet mat is significantly longer and different shape on the top than the 2010-3 version. I don't see them as interchangeable between models.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by BertL; 04-25-12 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 04-25-12, 03:20 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

...well that settles that I guess I will get aftermarket without any Lexus logo and in grey since the wife does not like black mats...what cab I say?..at least she let me trade the 2011 MDX for the RX 350...lol......have you heard of.."yes...dear".....you got it....lol
Old 04-25-12, 03:33 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

svofan1, you might want to check out Lloyds mats. They have different colors and the quality is supposed to be excellent. Unfortunately the Lexus logo is not available. But maybe you can personalize them instead.

BTW, I have their Rubbertite all weather mats. I'm on my second set, the first were in my old RX330. After several years and thousands of miles, there are no signs of wear.

Last edited by kitlz; 04-25-12 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-25-12, 08:25 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

....you see..is like you are reading my mind...that is excatly what I did...I just bought the LLoyd's ultimat in grey to replace the Lexus black ones because I thought what you said....now next for all weather is rubbertite all conyour like weathertech?...are they also made by Lloyd's?....thanks for the heads up....your mesage confirms my decision....keep those good ideas coming Anita..we jersey people must stick together...lol....lol..
Old 04-26-12, 08:38 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

svofan1, the Rubbertites are from Lloyds. They do not have a lip on the side like WeatherTechs. But they do a great job keeping the snow and water from the carpeted mats which I still have underneath. They were also cheaper than WeatherTechs. The fit is perfect - two pieces for the front with holes, one long piece for the rear, and one large piece for the cargo mat. Some may not like that there is no coverage under the gas pedal. It doesn't get very dirty though. I hit it with a little carpet cleaner every once in a while.

Make sure you take some pictures of the Ultimats installed when you get them. I'm glad you found something that'll work.
Old 04-26-12, 05:01 PM
svofan1
Pole Position

...thanks my lady for the expanded explanation...I will take pic when they arrive and I install them...
Old 09-10-12, 07:07 AM
saz25
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
svofan1, the Rubbertites are from Lloyds. They do not have a lip on the side like WeatherTechs. But they do a great job keeping the snow and water from the carpeted mats which I still have underneath. They were also cheaper than WeatherTechs. The fit is perfect - two pieces for the front with holes, one long piece for the rear, and one large piece for the cargo mat. Some may not like that there is no coverage under the gas pedal. It doesn't get very dirty though. I hit it with a little carpet cleaner every once in a while.

Make sure you take some pictures of the Ultimats installed when you get them. I'm glad you found something that'll work.
HI,
Can you help clarify something about your Lloyds Rubbertite mats?

1) Do they fit over the existing Lexus OEM carpeted mat or do you remove the carpeted mat and install just the Rubbertite mat? Are they designed to go over the stock/OEM mats?

2) Do they use the same 2 fasteners as the stock/OEM mats use?

3) Is the smell after you receive them really that bad? I read that in a few places.

I have the regular Lloyds thick logo mats in my Corvette. I love them. So I naturally looked at their all weather mats when I bought my new Lexus.

Do you happen to have a picture of how it sits?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve
Old 09-20-12, 11:07 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Husky Liners recently released Husky Weathebeater Floor liners for the 2012 Lexus RX. If anyone is interested in putting these in their RX and posting some feedback in exchange for a discounted price please let me know.

Steve
Old 09-20-12, 12:47 PM
Formula271
Rookie

Originally Posted by svofan1
...does anybody have a recommendation for floor mats (not all weather) for the RX 350 2012?....I would like to have exact fit as the original Lexus ones but I do relly like the grey color (black ones do nothing for me and Lexus does not have grey ones only black or beige)...any recommendations?....appreciate your help...for next Winter I am planning to get all weather (Weathertech) grey mats....thank you all...
I have the "premium" parchment floormats in my '12 RX450h. I received both the standard contrasting gray / charcoal mats and the "premium" mats when I took delivery of the vehicle.

These are the mats here...

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2012/2579.html

As silly as it sounds to seek a "premium" floormat, I will absolutely order these again. In my mind, they transform the interior of the vehicle and make it feel like a vehicle costing $30,000 more. The mats are so plush and luxurious. Your shoes physically sink into them. Visually, they look thick and heavy and substantial. I think they are more accurately described as "floor carpets". When I took delivery of the vehicle, the dealership staff commented on the floor mats, saying how nice they were and that they rarely see them. I have to say, this is the first time I've ever received or have been inclined to give comments about floormats. I truly urge anyone with this generation of RX to order a set of these for their vehicle. I only wish I could find them for my '05...

I guess I should add, they are available in gray as well.

Also, just noticed that the material at 70oz / yard is substantially heavier than Llyod's LUXE mat at 48oz / yard.

Last edited by Formula271; 09-20-12 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: .....2012 RX 350 mats....