RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New tires on the RX450h

Old 01-07-13, 04:37 PM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowers
My 1 month old 450h also has Bridgestones. No issues for me after a whopping 500 miles. Tires do not seem real loud and handling seems fine for our driving habits. When I replace them I might get a better rain tire. Pacific Northwest you know.....
OEM Bridgestones are good tires. I got 40k out of it before replacing with Michelin Primacy MXV4. Only reason I purchased MXV4 was it was about $50 per tire cheaper compare to the replacement Bridgestones.

OEM Bridgestone = quiet, excellent traction [including snow], could have gotten another 10k, firmer side wall compare to MXV4. excellent touring tire. normally had 33-34psi.

Primacy MXV4 = quiestest tire I have ever used, excellent wet traction [no snow yet], softer side wall compared to OEM Bridgestone. excellent city/local tire. I am currently running at 35psi to firm up the ride. this is also LRR and MPG increased by 1mpg. I am averaging 22-23 hwy/mpg verses 21-22 with Bridgestone [also LRR].

tires rotated every 5k/mi with mostly hwy miles. Driven mostly during Sep-March and mostly garaged during warmer months.
Old 01-07-13, 05:26 PM
Bearbrooke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear this as I just put on another thread that my new 2013 RX450H has Bridgestones. I would have thought Michelins or Pirelli's would be on the car at that price point.
Old 01-07-13, 05:28 PM
Bearbrooke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear this news dflowers! Actually I have 250 miles on our vehicle and it is a great ride!
Old 01-07-13, 07:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by dennison17
Any updates on how those Pirelli's are riding and wearing? I will need to replace my Dunlops sometime this year. I'm not all that happy with wear, but the ride is "okay"... not exceptional. I won't be going with Dunlops for replacements , and I'm leaning on the Pirellis (vs. Michelins.)
dennison, the Pirellis are doing fine. No appreciable wear after 7K. The ride is still enjoyable. I haven't driven them in the snow yet to see how well they perform. But I feel more confident in turns and rain. Probably won't be an issue at all. Tire pressure has stayed consistent despite the cold weather. It's definitely something I appreciate when it's freezing out.

Tire wear was an issue for me as well with the Dunlops. Traction was suffering, I had to get rid of them. The RXh was due for its annual post-winter alignment. It just made sense to get new tires at the same time.
Old 02-22-13, 12:43 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

So my RX350 has reached close to 50k in the 10 months I've owned it and I was pretty confident that I would get the yoko yk580's but now I'm considering the pirelli's. I don't know what to do. Btw my oem Michelin tires still could last another 3k but I feel it's time to replace. They just hit the wear bars. For anyone else buying new tires soon, DT is offering some good deals, check them out. If I buy the Yoko's or Perelli's I get a $100 prepaid card because those tires are rated at best on their website.
Old 02-22-13, 01:39 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I'll be interested to see what you get. I seriously debated going with the Yokohamas but Pirelli had the better numbers. That's what I had to base my decision on since there weren't too many reviews out at the time. It's great to see they're still well rated. The Scorpion Verdes are doing fine after almost a year. Still haven't seen too much snow, just some ice and slush. No problems. I particularly like filling the tires every 6-8 weeks versus every 2 weeks with the Dunlops this winter. Overall I don't think you can go wrong with either tire. It might come down to price. The Yokohamas are cheaper.
Old 02-22-13, 05:32 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stopped by Sears, They gave an option for Bridgestone tires (~$1200) include everything allightment.... with free tire rotation for the life of the tires and 70,000 miles warranty. I said what.....?
Old 02-22-13, 05:41 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

My wife got 42K on stock Michelin. Decided on the Yokohama YK580 and the ride is smooth and quiet. Have about 1500 on them know and we'll worth the money.
Old 02-22-13, 09:48 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

These new Bridgestone's are looking interesting:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoModClar=FWD

Here is the survey data:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...jsp?type=CSTAS

Notice the great ride comfort and noise ratings.
Old 02-22-13, 10:01 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DrewGS350
My wife got 42K on stock Michelin. Decided on the Yokohama YK580 and the ride is smooth and quiet. Have about 1500 on them know and we'll worth the money.
This makes my decision even harder. Ive had the YK580's on my 2011 Camry SE but only for two days before I switched them out for Michelin tires. There was an issue with the ones installed by discount tire and they couldn't figure out why my car drove all bumpy and weird so they said I could swap them out for another tire and pay the difference and thats what I did.
Old 02-22-13, 10:07 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
I'll be interested to see what you get. I seriously debated going with the Yokohamas but Pirelli had the better numbers. That's what I had to base my decision on since there weren't too many reviews out at the time. It's great to see they're still well rated. The Scorpion Verdes are doing fine after almost a year. Still haven't seen too much snow, just some ice and slush. No problems. I particularly like filling the tires every 6-8 weeks versus every 2 weeks with the Dunlops this winter. Overall I don't think you can go wrong with either tire. It might come down to price. The Yokohamas are cheaper.
Ya i agree, I've read good reviews both here and online for the pirelli's and that's why im considering them. What matters most for me is ride quality. How rough is the ride when going over uneven rough roads? I ask because the tread wear rating is rated at 600.
Old 02-23-13, 06:56 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

[QUOTE=Sevn86;7782679]This makes my decision even harder. Ive had the YK580's on my 2011 Camry SE but only for two days before I switched them out for Michelin tires. There was an issue with the ones installed by discount tire and they couldn't figure out why my car drove all bumpy and weird so they said I could swap them out for another tire and pay the difference and thats what I did.[

We had a set of YK520's on our Volvo XC90 and had no issues. The reviews on the 580's looked good and no issues so far. You could have had a bad tire on the Camry. Our decision was based on ride, performance and price.
Old 02-23-13, 09:28 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DrewGS350

We had a set of YK520's on our Volvo XC90 and had no issues. The reviews on the 580's looked good and no issues so far. You could have had a bad tire on the Camry. Our decision was based on ride, performance and price.
Thanks for ur help. if I can get them to price match the pirelli's I'll go with those and those will cost me $930.67 after the $100 rebate. If they don't then I'll go with yoko's since they will cost me $871.34 after the $100 rebate.
Old 02-23-13, 02:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Sevn, good luck trying to get a lower price on the Pirellis. Re your question about ride on uneven roads, the tires are firm but not bouncy.
Old 02-23-13, 06:38 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

If you like yokohamas, consider the para spec x. I feel they ride better than the 580's . We have the paradas on the 10rx was, and the 580's on a small civic. The paradas are better in every aspect : ride traction noise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New tires on the RX450h