Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

RX 450h & RX 450h F SPORT to debut @ 2012 Geneva Motor Show 3/6/12

Old 03-12-12, 05:53 AM   #61
BertL
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCSB View Post
Since the Sport mode is primarily just a firmware update, it would be a nice gesture on Lexus' part to offer existing owners the upgrade.
I think "primarily" is the key word. While it's nice to dream, I wouldn't hold my breath. It would not be the norm for Lexus or most brands to give away something that does not resolve a defect and is called out as a differentiation point for a new model. Besides, would the pre-2013 models have red display lights already installed so it could be implemented as-is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCSB View Post
...I wonder if the heavy emphasis on black in the interior is just a F-Sport color scheme. Perhaps the saddle interior in the regular 450h is more of what people expected.
I also agree for my taste there is too much black in that combination, but just as the new RX saddle color is much like the German brands such as BMW have had for years, so is the way the saddle color is applied to only a minimal amount of the interior, straight down to the back of the seats being black in both.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
BertL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 06:45 AM   #62
bam
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP7557 View Post
I wonder if that is the RX with the sport package not the F-Sport.
It is my undertsanding that the US will not be getting the F Sport package. What we will be getting it the Appearance Package, which will have the F Sport front bumper which is what you're seeing in these pictures. You can go back to my earlier post and check out the links that I provided on the official press release from Toyota.
2012 Nebula Gray Pearl RX450h - black leather, comfort, premium, 19", HID, Parking Assist, Wood & Leather Steering Wheel, 12 Speaker Premium Audio, Nav, Cargo Net, Mats, Wheel Locks, and Key Gloves - HERS
2008 Montego Blue 335i - auto, grey leather, aluminum trim, 50% ceramic Llumar tint on all windows except windshield - all options except active steering, active cruise control, and HD radio - HIS
bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 08:22 AM   #63
rkgriffin
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
It is my undertsanding that the US will not be getting the F Sport package. What we will be getting it the Appearance Package, which will have the F Sport front bumper which is what you're seeing in these pictures. You can go back to my earlier post and check out the links that I provided on the official press release from Toyota.
Yep, no F-Sport in North America. Just a sports appearance package that only adds a different front bumper and different rims. I have also read that it is only available on the FWD and not the AWD. It also seems from the pictures above that the F-Sport bumper and Sports Appearance bumper has a different design in the grill. I like the European F-Sport grill much better.

Makes the decision much easier for me... AWD without the Sports Appearance package.
rkgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 07:59 PM   #64
RyanDe680
Pole Position

So has anyone received any information from their dealers with respect to ETA for the RX 450h?
RyanDe680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 07:59 PM

Tags
2012, 2013, 2013rx450h, 6mar12, appearance, auto, car, geneva, lexus, matador, package, red, rx, show, sport, sports