RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Windows down and system reboot

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-12, 12:53 PM
Cough
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Windows down and system reboot

I was away for three weeks at Christmas. Left my 2010 RX350 w/GPS locked in the garage. Both key fobs were with us on our trip - nothing was left at the house that could have externally affected the vehicle. When we came back, I immediately noticed that both rear windows were down - about 25% open. I think this has happened before and may be one of the user customizable features but I dont remember how to do it (i think it should be through the master GPS screen?) Then when I came to run the car I started it up and a picture of a hard drive came up on the screen with the message "booting - do not turn off ignition" I assume this was the Nav System DVD booting but I have NEVER seen that before. I also noticed that all my GPS prevferences had been changed/reset. After that everything seems to be fine and back to normal..

Does anyone know why this might have happened?? I hate the thought of the windows opening on their own if I had left the car at an airport for three weeks.....
Old 01-06-12, 02:30 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd take it to the dealer with a written description of exactly what happened and ask them to thoroughly check it out.
Originally Posted by Cough
I was away for three weeks at Christmas. Left my 2010 RX350 w/GPS locked in the garage. Both key fobs were with us on our trip - nothing was left at the house that could have externally affected the vehicle. When we came back, I immediately noticed that both rear windows were down - about 25% open. I think this has happened before and may be one of the user customizable features but I dont remember how to do it (i think it should be through the master GPS screen?) Then when I came to run the car I started it up and a picture of a hard drive came up on the screen with the message "booting - do not turn off ignition" I assume this was the Nav System DVD booting but I have NEVER seen that before. I also noticed that all my GPS prevferences had been changed/reset. After that everything seems to be fine and back to normal..

Does anyone know why this might have happened?? I hate the thought of the windows opening on their own if I had left the car at an airport for three weeks.....
Old 01-06-12, 02:45 PM
shkr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only comment about the hard disk booting message which seems to be normal to come up if the car has not been used for a long time. I had returned after three weeks and saw the same message.

Its really hard to believe about the windows though. Here's my theory about it.
Everything was fine. Just as you walked to the car after returning, you by mistake had the "unlock" button on the key pressed for long which brings all the windows down (even the moonroof if configured so)