RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-15-14, 12:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Homelink Not Working with Chamberlain/LiftMaster Security+ 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-14, 07:53 AM
jls667
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The newest Chamberlain garage door does not work directly with my 2007 RX. I needed a device from Homelink to translate the new codes to the old Homelink in my car. Is there any way of updating the Homelink in my car to work directly with my new garage door opener?
Old 11-08-14, 01:11 PM
hypnotized
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Making Homelink work with Genie Brand

I had the issue with the homelink not working with my Genie rolling code opener. Follow the exact steps in the Lexus manual and on the Genie opener, but actually have the car running. It worked in my situation.
Old 11-10-14, 01:18 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,092 Likes on 932 Posts

You need to get a repeater if you want to use your Homelink buttons on a new door. My 2010 had the same problem with a new Chamberlain door installed this year. I just use the transmitter provided by the installer that I keep clipped to the visor. The repeaters are on Amazon.
Old 01-15-15, 09:53 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Sorry to bring the thread back.

Sorry to bring this thread back after reading through 6 pages, and some members here still have issues with programming their chamberlain garage door opener to sync to their Lexus, well Ian have the same issues too I have 07" IS and programmed the Genie garage at my mom house and it work perfectly, but my house, I can't get the Chamberlain remote to sync to my Lexus garage home link but my 14" GX sync without a problem, maybe the Lexus home link in my 07" need a software upgrade? I don't like the fact that I have to use the repeater of Chamberlain sent me any suggestions guy? Thanks
Old 01-15-15, 11:26 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Sorry to bring this thread back after reading through 6 pages, and some members here still have issues with programming their chamberlain garage door opener to sync to their Lexus, well Ian have the same issues too I have 07" IS and programmed the Genie garage at my mom house and it work perfectly, but my house, I can't get the Chamberlain remote to sync to my Lexus garage home link but my 14" GX sync without a problem, maybe the Lexus home link in my 07" need a software upgrade? I don't like the fact that I have to use the repeater of Chamberlain sent me any suggestions guy? Thanks
Welcome to the 3rd Gen (2010+) RX forum! Assuming your IS is like the RX I'm more familiar with, there is no "software upgrade" to be made to the Homelink in our vehicles. The repeater is likely your only option if you need to use a more recent Chamberlain door opener. Chamberlain made the change to their products in recent models that forced the use of the repeater to maintain older Homelink compatibility.
Old 01-15-15, 01:16 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BertL
Welcome to the 3rd Gen (2010+) RX forum! Assuming your IS is like the RX I'm more familiar with, there is no "software upgrade" to be made to the Homelink in our vehicles. The repeater is likely your only option if you need to use a more recent Chamberlain door opener. Chamberlain made the change to their products in recent models that forced the use of the repeater to maintain older Homelink compatibility.
Thanks for a quick reply, yet I am opening my garage door by my Lexus home link through the repeater which is ok, but it not pick up the signal lately, sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't , when I programed that chamberlain remote to my 14" GX, it sync right for the first time, maybe I should swap my mirror home link to the 14" mirror home link
Old 01-17-15, 06:40 AM
dwlink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow this thread is awesome - we are building a house right now and I was looking at garage door openers. Thanks to a few reviewers who mentioned compatibility issues as it prompted me to do a google search and voila.

A contractor of ours recommends the genie professional series line of garage door openers as it does not have the security+2.0 compatibility issues. Both seem to be reputable brands (genie/chamberlain), so why not save the hassle and just stick with genie? Is there something I'm missing here?
Old 01-17-15, 07:05 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dwlink
A contractor of ours recommends the genie professional series line of garage door openers as it does not have the security+2.0 compatibility issues. Both seem to be reputable brands (genie/chamberlain), so why not save the hassle and just stick with genie? Is there something I'm missing here?
Personally, that's what I plan to do when my time comes. I owned Genie in a couple of my previous homes without any issue. This one came with Chamberlain, fortunately the "old versions" that have no issues with any of my cars built-in Homelink remotes.
Old 01-17-15, 05:24 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Wow this thread is awesome - we are building a house right now and I was looking at garage door openers. Thanks to a few reviewers who mentioned compatibility issues as it prompted me to do a google search and voila.

Well actually my mom house is new built house and they just put the genie garage door openner in, which I didn't even know, but luckily it pair and work fine with 07" IS350 and 14" GX and all other cars in my family, but back to the chamberlain Garage opener i got replaced at my house now which I dint know i will run into the trouble of pair it to my IS home link it paired and sync right at the first time on my 14" GX, but not my 07" IS or my mom 02" highlander, i have to pair them by using the repeater which I don't like, because sometimes it work sometime it not, maybe the 14" home link has better software to pair with Chamberlain?
Old 01-17-15, 08:46 PM
dwlink
Driver

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Well actually my mom house is new built house and they just put the genie garage door openner in, which I didn't even know, but luckily it pair and work fine with 07" IS350 and 14" GX and all other cars in my family, but back to the chamberlain Garage opener i got replaced at my house now which I dint know i will run into the trouble of pair it to my IS home link it paired and sync right at the first time on my 14" GX, but not my 07" IS or my mom 02" highlander, i have to pair them by using the repeater which I don't like, because sometimes it work sometime it not, maybe the 14" home link has better software to pair with Chamberlain?
So basically this confirms that the pairing problem can be completely avoided by simply using a genie. Talk about a massive ball drop by Chamberlain.
Old 01-17-15, 11:21 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

So basically this confirms that the pairing problem can be completely avoided by simply using a genie. Talk about a massive ball drop by Chamberlain.
Yeah if I know that I would run into this trouble with pairing the Chamberlain remote to car home link, I should go with a different brand, I think the chamberlain is must avoid to buy
Old 01-29-15, 06:14 AM
novaman
Driver School Candidate

I just went through changing my garage door opener from an old Genie to what I thought was going to be a new Chamberlain. Well after reading this thread I decided to look into compatibility issues with Chamberlain. To begin with I'm talking about homelink to my 2003 Lincoln LS V8, not my 2015 Lexus RX 350 which I don't have here at my Florida residence. I called Chamberlain and talked to someone to see if any of their openers are compatible with my 2003 Lincoln. Just about all of their openers are not, unless I have their repeater. I don't want the repeater as the performance is not that great and I only have one plug-in in my garage and it's in use from my washing machine. So I installed a Overhead Door Company Legacy 850 opener which is compatible with the homelink in my 2003 Lincoln. It works beautiful and it's a belt drive with a DC motor and is very, very quiet, to boot.

novaman

Last edited by novaman; 01-29-15 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-30-15, 04:32 PM
kjang
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in a condo complex. The garage door opener is a commercial LIFTMASTER brand.
There is 5 new cars (from european to american to japanese cars) in the garage and non of the HOMELINK works.
The building engineer has been working with LIFTMASTER to find a solution.

*by the way, there is no LEARN button on the garage head unit for the commercial units.
Old 01-30-15, 06:42 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just a thought that could be worth pursuing. If you can get the complete model number of the units, try using that online to get the operators manual. If you have that, maybe there will be a way detailed inside. But if the building engineer couldn't do it than maybe not.
Originally Posted by kjang
I live in a condo complex. The garage door opener is a commercial LIFTMASTER brand.
There is 5 new cars (from european to american to japanese cars) in the garage and non of the HOMELINK works.
The building engineer has been working with LIFTMASTER to find a solution.

*by the way, there is no LEARN button on the garage head unit for the commercial units.
Old 04-30-15, 03:56 PM
odist
Rookie

Awesome! Very helpful. This solved the issue between my RC and the lift master.

Quick Reply: Homelink Not Working with Chamberlain/LiftMaster Security+ 2.0