RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models
Old 12-15-14, 12:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Homelink Not Working with Chamberlain/LiftMaster Security+ 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-15, 06:19 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by odist
Awesome! Very helpful. This solved the issue between my RC and the lift master.
I'm always so happy when our RX folks can help other Lexus owners. Enjoy that RC!
Old 05-02-15, 03:59 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just replaced our opener with a new Chamberlain unit. Wasn't aware it didn't support Homelink until reading the manual that evening. Tried a few times anyway, no success.
Made contact with Homelink & explained our issue.
For a $ 7.00 US shipping fee, they are sending me a repeater @ N/C.
Can't complain about that at all.

Cheers,

Last edited by SteveCraig; 05-03-15 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-05-15, 05:15 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received the repeater today. Programmed the RX & an older Honda in about 10 minutes.
Easy fix.
Old 05-11-15, 01:32 PM
jls667
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Although I got my repeater to work with my 07 RX, it never worked that reliabily. I found that I had to hold the button and let go a bunch of times. Do other people have this trouble?
Old 05-11-15, 04:46 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Manual on the opener states over a BILLION different random codes in use for their operators.
What are the chances our new operator reacts to the neighbor's with the same unit ?
He can open/close his own & mine.
We can open/close ours only.

Support contacted both at Chamberlain & Homelink.
I don\t know whether to clear & reprogram the operator, the repeater or both ?
Old 05-12-15, 04:47 AM
BertL

Originally Posted by SteveCraig
Manual on the opener states over a BILLION different random codes in use for their operators.
What are the chances our new operator reacts to the neighbor's with the same unit ?
He can open/close his own & mine.
We can open/close ours only.

Support contacted both at Chamberlain & Homelink.
I don\t know whether to clear & reprogram the operator, the repeater or both ?
IMHO, it unfortunately sounds like a Chamberlain problem. The brains setting the codes is the garage door opener itself. Homelink (and therefore your Lexus that has it) is more like a slave to the whole process of what device can trigger the door to open.

Please do post back with what Chamberlain has to say -- I suspect many of us are interested. Me, I'm personally praying both of my old (10yr+) Chamberlain openers continue to work for many years without the need for a repeater. I should probably "knock on wood" when I say that. These experiences over the years have definitely set the reminder in my own little brain to use another brand of garage door opener when the time comes to replace what I have, as it seems Chamberlain hasn't elected to improve (or "put back to normal") their design after several years of problems they introduced with their newer models.

Best of luck. Boy, that would drive me nuts if my door opened when the neighbor pressed their button !
Old 05-12-15, 06:42 AM
jls667
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still like my new chamberlain garage opener. It works great. Although I do have that repeater trouble, I just use the wireless remote instead.
Old 05-13-15, 04:53 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Both Chamberlain & Homelink replied with the same answers.

1: Erase operator memory & reprogram to the 2 remotes supplied.
2:Erase Homelink memory in car & reprogram to Homelink remote.
3: Program Homelink button in car to the repeater.
10 minute job at most. Everything back to normal.
Borrowed neighbor's remotes & attempted to open my garage, without success. Second car not here at the time but I think I've memorized the procedure from the last few days.

Cheers,
Old 05-14-15, 02:45 PM
BertL

Originally Posted by SteveCraig
Both Chamberlain & Homelink replied with the same answers.

1: Erase operator memory & reprogram to the 2 remotes supplied.
2:Erase Homelink memory in car & reprogram to Homelink remote.
3: Program Homelink button in car to the repeater.
10 minute job at most. Everything back to normal.
Borrowed neighbor's remotes & attempted to open my garage, without success. Second car not here at the time but I think I've memorized the procedure from the last few days.

Cheers,
Appreciate your following through with the official process. I'm sure others will find your post over time as well. THANK YOU!
Old 09-12-15, 04:53 PM
MDFriel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Link

Hey guys been reading about everyone's issues getting the Chamberlane garage door opener to recognize Home Link. I got a repeater and got my 2007 Honda to work but my IS300 will not connect to the repeater. Anyone have a suggestion?
Old 09-13-15, 04:29 AM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Have you tried as I did in Post # 98 ?
Our second car was also a Honda with Homelink.
Old 01-30-17, 07:42 AM
kellipatel
Driver School Candidate

Default Homelink Instructions

Chamberlayne Whisper Drive Plus HD900D Homelink

I finally got my Homelink to properly connect and work with my garage door opener. The instructions in the manual for the garage door opener and online are not correct for the transmitter instructions. Before following the steps for the transmitter and the Homelink buttons option, hit the learn button the garage door unit itself. Once you hit this you have 30 seconds to get to your car. Hold the transmitter button and the desired Homelink button at the same time until it starts flashing, then it'll turn solid and release it. Repeat this step two more times. Then hit the homelink button and it should work. So basically, just hit the learn button on the unit first and follow the instructions for the transmitter and Homelink instructions and repeat two or three times.

Whew, this has taken me forever to figure out. Once additional sentence before the other instructions stating to hit the "Learn" button first is all that was needed.

Hopefully this will work for you as well. My garage door opener was purchased in 2011 and my car is a 2013.
Old 05-26-17, 07:08 AM
LexiRX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This may seem like a rhetorical question - but why didn't Liftmaster BULD THE REPEATER INTO THEIR OPENER TO BEGIN WITH?

This way it automatically be compatible with everything.

DOH - Greedy - cheap - or stupid?
Old 05-26-17, 08:46 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

The procedure is very simple, provided users understand the process.

Step #1: Make the vehicle understand the frequency the opener works with [clear the channel on the vehicle, enter the learning mode on the vehicle, bring the opener remote near and broadcast, wait for confirmation]
I do the step #1 far enough from the opener so that the opener does not respond to the remote being used for learning].

For intelligent openers which use rolling codes
Step #2: Make the opener sync with the remote signal from the vehicle. Bring your vehicle near the opener.
Pull up instruction sheet for the opener and follow instructions to allow use of an unregistered/new remote
Follow instruction carefully [if you hold the learn button too long, it can wipe out ALL remote that have been registered]
Enter learn mode and within the allotted time, transmit from the vehicle.
Look for a confirmation.

Salim
Old 07-09-17, 05:57 PM
Rufusshaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jerome
DunWkg,

Yes, I cleared out the Homelink buttons by pressing the two outside buttons for 30 seconds or more, and then verified all the buttons are cleared by observing the slow flashing light. Next I took the Chamberlain garage opener remote into the car and tried several methods to learn the remote signal: 1) press a Homelink button and remote button simultaneously until the light on the Homelink blinks faster; 2) press a Homelink button for 15 secs then while still holding Homelink button press button on garage opener remote until the Homelink light flashes faster; 3) while holding a Homelink button pressed, press the garage remote for 2 seconds, do this until Homelink button light flashes from slow to fast. With method 3, the Lexus Homelink was able to learn the remote signal by verifying the slow to fast blinking Homelink light. Method 1 worked sometimes too but not as often as method 3. The Homelink button now will flash rapidly when the button is pressed, indicating that the garage door opener has rolling codes After the Homelink button is learned, I pressed the learn button on the garage opener head unit while the garage door is up, and run back to the car within 5 secs and press the Homelink that was just programmed for 2 seconds, doing this 3,4,5, etc., times to learn the rolling code from the garage door opener head unit. After several attempts the garage door opener does NOT click twice or flashes it lights to indicate the programming was successful. I'll also tried resetting all the garage door opener remotes and re-programming the remotes. Re-programming was a piece of cake with the original garage door opener remotes.

Good to know that 2012 RX Homelink works with Security+ 2.0 garage door openers (if in fact Security+ 2.0). Now, what about 2011 RX owners with 2011 or newer garage door openers with Security+ 2.0.
This was so very helpful. I created an account to say thank you. Method number 3 worked for me. Took some time but I saw the fast blink and then saw the slow blink. Perfect, thank you Jerome!

Quick Reply: Homelink Not Working with Chamberlain/LiftMaster Security+ 2.0