RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

eDestination download always busy

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 10:10 AM
NateStoat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eDestination download always busy

I've got a 2011 RX350.

I can create a destination in eDestination on my PC using the Lexus web site and sync it to the vehicle, but when I am in the vehicle and try to download the destination I get the error "the network is busy, try again later" after a few minutes. This has been happening for more than a week.

I've used eDestination many times in the past so I do know how to work it and that it was ok previously. I've also tried it from different locations. The signal strength indicator in the upper right hand corner of the download screen shows maximum bars.

Anyone else having this problem and have any suggestions?

...Nate
Old 12-20-11, 11:28 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I use it a lot, but have not had that problem. I'm going to send some destinations later today. I'll see if I have that problem and report back.
Old 12-20-11, 04:47 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I use eDestination all of the time, especially when planning a trip, and haven't experienced any delays downloading. Maybe the system is busy with holiday travelers downloading destinations? Just a guess.
Old 12-20-11, 05:55 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is your one year free over? Just a question.
Old 12-20-11, 07:46 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

S E Iowa, 9:00 pm Central
Downloaded new folder and four destinations, no hesitation.
"telephone pole" and three bars, dropped to two during transfer
Inside the garage
Old 12-29-11, 08:11 AM
Golferguy
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same issue. Error msg is Network Busy, Try Again Later. I took it to Lexus and they said there are corrupt records and to delete all personal data from setup in the Nav and then delete all folders in e destinations. That did not fix it. Still an open issue.
Old 12-29-11, 05:16 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Golferguy
I am having the same issue. Error msg is Network Busy, Try Again Later. I took it to Lexus and they said there are corrupt records and to delete all personal data from setup in the Nav and then delete all folders in e destinations. That did not fix it. Still an open issue.
Take it back to them and make them fix it ..... doesn't sound like they want to do much. If they hem and haw throw out the words "Lemon Law", that should spur them on.
Old 01-05-12, 07:43 AM
Golferguy
Driver School Candidate

I called the dealer again for the status and got the: "we have not heard back from California and there is a open tracking ticket". I bet he thinks I will just go away! Weekly calls for the next few weeks will turn into more serious escalations.
Old 01-12-12, 01:49 PM
Golferguy
Driver School Candidate

The service rep called me to say that Lexus now admits there is an issue with the network and they are investigating the back end connectivity. Can anyone confirm or deny the issue still exists? thanks

UPDATE: Lexus service called to say the issue has been resolved. I tested and all entries downloaded fine.

cheers!

Last edited by Golferguy; 01-19-12 at 06:31 AM. Reason: resolution added
Old 02-11-12, 11:02 AM
mcmaloney
Driver School Candidate

Default edestination busy signal

I am having same issue right now, cannot get any downloads in my car nor connect to desination assist. I had same issue last fall - reset itself when battery died while vehicle was at airport for 2 weeks. Have a call into dealership right now.

Anyone find a solution?
Old 05-08-12, 06:25 AM
dkeiger1
Driver School Candidate

I am having this problem for the last three days. "Network busy, try again later."
Old 05-08-12, 06:43 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by dkeiger1
I am having this problem for the last three days. "Network busy, try again later."
You might try calling them, maybe they'll have an explanation as to what's going on.

We just returned from a trip and I was using e destination all of the time. Both from home and from the hotel while on the road. No delays anywhere. Maybe it's somethng regional?
Old 05-10-12, 08:54 AM
dkeiger1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexBob2
You might try calling them, maybe they'll have an explanation as to what's going on.

We just returned from a trip and I was using e destination all of the time. Both from home and from the hotel while on the road. No delays anywhere. Maybe it's somethng regional?
I don't believe it's a system problem. I have tried at different times of day over the course of several days, and answer is always the same: "Network is busy." Yet the on-screen graphic shows me as connected and download in progress. After several moments, I get the "busy" message. I am beginning to suspect it's a problem with my car.
Old 10-22-13, 07:20 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dd you guys get this problem fixed? I'm experiencing same problem in my 3IS.
Old 10-22-13, 08:08 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

It may not necessarily be a problem with the vehicle, but with a component of the "Cloud". There genuinely may be a network problem at the cell service provider, who will route traffic to a private network. You would have to call Lexus to have a case created so it can be resolved.

Quick Reply: eDestination download always busy