RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Does every car come with two sets of floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-11, 04:33 AM
AlexB
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does every car come with two sets of floor mats?

Both RX's that I recently purchased included carpeted and all season floor mats. I subsequently bought the Weathertech digital fit floor mats and was trying to sell the factory all weather mats on a local 4sale site, but haven't had but one nibble, and that from a guy who discovered when he took delivery of his car that the all season mats were included. So I'm just wondering if it's something my dealer did or is it Lexus policy to include all weather mats as well?
Old 12-07-11, 05:12 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexB
Both RX's that I recently purchased included carpeted and all season floor mats. I subsequently bought the Weathertech digital fit floor mats and was trying to sell the factory all weather mats on a local 4sale site, but haven't had but one nibble, and that from a guy who discovered when he took delivery of his car that the all season mats were included. So I'm just wondering if it's something my dealer did or is it Lexus policy to include all weather mats as well?
No they are an option. When I looked at mine on the lot still covered on plastic there was another next to it. The one next to it had them and it appeared as a line item on the sticker. It's an option and you can see his when building one on the Lexus website
Old 12-07-11, 06:38 AM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex, the Canadian customers recieve both sets of mats standard as well as front and rear splashguards and a blockheater. Its part of the "Built for Canada" spec that Lexus Canada does.
Old 12-07-11, 07:30 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InRBigness
Alex, the Canadian customers recieve both sets of mats standard as well as front and rear splashguards and a blockheater. Its part of the "Built for Canada" spec that Lexus Canada does.

Ah, didn't see he was in Ontario since I was replying using the mobile CL version (doesn't show stats or other items). Silly Canadian specs
Old 12-07-11, 08:40 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

In the US the all weather mats were included as part of the accessory package. But since they were not sold for a while, they were removed. I had the cost deducted from the package on mine. I'm not sure if they're included now that they are available again.
Old 12-07-11, 10:15 AM
py0413
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine came with the car but it was stated as a standard equipment on all 2011 Canadian RX model as my salesperson told me so.
Old 12-07-11, 02:15 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If they aren't included on the vehicle I negotiate them as a freebie, same for the rear cargo mat. Lexus will not let a customer walk because he wants floor mats or a paint touch up pen thrown into the deal. They tend to wear us down in the process and I do the same to them to get the final agreement. They always squeak and cry about it but that's how business works. Once they won't budge on price have them throw some goodies into the mix......oil changes, mats, detailing, etc are all up for grabs.
Old 12-07-11, 02:28 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I was surprised the car did not come with a cargo mat. I had to buy one myself with my lexus credit card points...I think it was $80
Old 12-07-11, 07:08 PM
AlexB
Rookie

Originally Posted by InRBigness
Ah well, I guess it's pointless trying to sell my OEM mats locally then - unless someone purchase a used RX that doesn't have them. As for the splashguards, I have those, but I don't think the block heater is installed. That's still listed as an accessory on lexus.ca.
Old 12-07-11, 08:01 PM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AlexB
YIKES, My RX was assembled in Canada and should be here nest week.
I bought the weather-Tech mats already, so I sure hope it doesn't come with all weather mats.

Oh well, their in the box yet and I'm sure they'll take them back.
Old 12-07-11, 08:16 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPFAN
I bought the weather-Tech mats already, so I sure hope it doesn't come with all weather mats.

All weather mats come with vehicles built to Canadian specs for the Canadian market, those destined to come to the US are built to different specs. If all weather mats aren't on your option sheet it won't come with them.

Last edited by Evitzee; 12-07-11 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-08-11, 12:30 AM
AlexB
Rookie

Originally Posted by GRPFAN

If you bought the digital fit WeatherTech mats, keep them - they're much better than the OEM ones.
Old 12-08-11, 06:01 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No all-weather mats were included in my purchase in October, 2010. I subsequently purchased a set of floor and cargo "Lexus" mats from Sewell (online in Texas).
Old 12-08-11, 06:13 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

AlexB - eBay is your friend
Old 12-08-11, 06:20 AM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evitzee
All weather mats come with vehicles built to Canadian specs for the Canadian market, those destined to come to the US are built to different specs. If all weather mats aren't on your option sheet it won't come with them.
Thanks for clearing that up

Quick Reply: Does every car come with two sets of floor mats?