RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Christmas RX 350 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-11, 06:31 PM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Christmas RX 350 2012

I getting my new RX delivered on Christmas week.

Anyone here ever bought one for Christmas?

I'm going from a 2000 RX 300 with 90,000 miles on the O/D to a 2012 RX 350........

My Lexus dealership is having a "Christmas to Remember Sale."

Last edited by GRPFAN; 11-29-11 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-28-11, 07:05 PM
dpolen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've purchased all three of my Lexus vehicles during the the December to Remember sale...always a good thing to leverage their big red bows. Congrats....my new RX supposedly arrives sometime next week...heck of a car.
Old 11-28-11, 07:06 PM
CapeDave
Pole Position

If I can grow a pair, I am going to the dealer tomorrow for a "Christmas" RX 350

But I want to get a good deal and have many printouts and a sales/lease calculator in my Ipad.

I do not want them lowering one thing and raising another!

I am praying that I can get the .9 financing. That is really a sweet deal. Total interest paid over the 5 years is about $500. Not bad!
Old 11-29-11, 05:21 AM
mstrgator
Driver School Candidate

Cape Dave,

tell me more about 0.9% financing rate. My RX is on the way to macon georgia. In fact the boat just cleared the Panama Canal yesterday and she is due into JAX Friday. Sales guy quoted me 1.9% finance rate vs the 2.9 the dealership in augusta quoted me. Is there 0.9% money out there too? Tell me more.

RX is OD...On Daway..... but I ain't signed any papers yet. I love this RX board..it is about the best place to find out the real skinny.

Dave, take that truecar guarantee with you. I got 500 more off from there but that web site saved me close to 2500 on the new RX vs what the local boys would do.

And yes, the new Rx will be a xmas gift for mama...and the 2003 GX we currently drive will go to DIL as an xmas gift as well.

mastergator
Old 11-29-11, 05:51 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes there is 0.9% being offered. Go to the Lexus website and click on the homepage cars with the big red bows. You'll see if that finace rate is offered in your area and for the RX. I got mine a month ago (I think ) and got 2.5% through my CU. With the money down and trade waiting the extra time didn't mean too much to me but depending on the loan amount you are taking the 0.9% would be the way to go.
Old 11-29-11, 06:13 AM
mstrgator
Driver School Candidate

Yes I found the December to Remember promotion. It is interesting. I live near augusta ga and that is the closest dealership...do all my service there. However, I got involved with Truecar and the particioating dealerships were in atlanta and macon. Those are 120-140 miles away but not too far. Well I worked out a super deal on a matador red with blk interior with lux and nav ..all the things I wanted and they just happened to have the exact car coming from Japan. Macon saved me a lot of money.

Now the december promotion story.....augusta only has some lease offers for the promotion. When I plug in the Macon zip, the 0.9% shows up. I have already emailed my sales guy there and I am sure I will get the 0.9 instead of 1.9. I plan to finance the whole amount of 47000 so it will save 1300 over the life of the loan. Only changes payment 20$/month but that;s my 20 now.

I might have seen this on my own and I would hope the dealership would have told me about it but I am once again grateful to the folks on clublexus for keeping me informed.

Mastergator
Old 11-29-11, 06:29 AM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CapeDave
If I can grow a pair, I am going to the dealer tomorrow for a "Christmas" RX 350

But I want to get a good deal and have many printouts and a sales/lease calculator in my Ipad.

I do not want them lowering one thing and raising another!

I am praying that I can get the .9 financing. That is really a sweet deal. Total interest paid over the 5 years is about $500. Not bad!
I purchased my RX about 3 weeks ago with the 0.9%, the finance person told me that as long as you have a 700+ credit score, you will qualify for the rate.
Old 11-29-11, 08:03 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mstrgator
I plan to finance the whole amount of 47000 so it will save 1300 over the life of the loan. Only changes payment 20$/month but that;s my 20 now.

Mastergator
If you are financing the whole price you will need gap insurance because as soon as you drive the vehicle off the lot you will owe more than it is worth. Creditor won't like that and will want to protect their interest. No sense exposing yourself to a loss if vehicle is stolen or totaled for some reason. Life happens sometimes.

Last edited by Evitzee; 11-29-11 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-29-11, 08:13 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
If you are financing the whole price you may want to get gap insurance because as soon as you drive the vehicle off the lot you will owe more than it is worth. No sense exposing yourself to a loss if vehicle is stolen or totaled for some reason. Life happens sometimes.
Good advice.

However, check with your auto insurance company because most often they have lower rates than what the dealer offers. With you auto insurance company you can pay them per month or per 6-mo or per year, with the Dealer you will have to take one GAP for the life of your loan.

Also folks, (if you have graduated from 2-4-6 years degree with in the last 2 years / or will be graduated in the next 6 months) AND (you have proof of employment) you can get $1000 Toyota/Lexus graduate cash rebate when you are finance with Toyota/Lexus Financial Services. That would make your present even sweetier.
Old 11-29-11, 10:24 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I bought my RX450h last Christmas during the Dec. to remember sales. No 0.9 financing last year but Lexus had a $1000 rebate for trading in any luxury brand. Inventory were much better last year and Lexus must have been offering some hidden rebate to the dealers becuase I got my 2011 RX450 for $7000 under MSRP.
Old 11-29-11, 01:52 PM
mstrgator
Driver School Candidate

Hadn't thought about the "gap" but that is a fact ain't it. I will talk to my insurance guy and see how that works out. Would have been a problem at 1.9 or 2.9 or whatever if I finaced it all. I just figured I would borrow all I could at that rate. I really planned to pay it off before 60 months but at 0.9 I'm not sure I c an afford to pay it off.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tom
Old 11-29-11, 02:17 PM
GRPFAN
Pole Position

Is there bottom-line price benefit rather we finance a new RX350 or pay cash?

Doesn't the sales person make a profit on a sale on a vehicle when financed which could be past on to what the buyer pays?

Just Curious.
Old 11-29-11, 03:29 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPFAN
Is there bottom-line price benefit rather we finance a new RX350 or pay cash?

Doesn't the sales person make a profit on a sale on a vehicle when financed which could be past on to what the buyer pays?

Just Curious.
When the manufacturer offers 0% or .9% APR, dealers has little interest in finance the car for you; however, if the interest rate is higher then they are likely to give you some more discount if you finance with them (because they get a percentage of that loan with the financial institute).
Old 11-29-11, 05:31 PM
TampaOwner
Driver

i bought my 2012 RX450 Hybrid a few days ago. yOu can do better than the Trucar quote, especially in November and December. the downside of waiting until December is everyone is out shopping and the car you want may be hard to find. its a very hectic month to buy. the BEST deals are the week AFTER Christmas, before the end of the year. the dealers will do anything to dump cars on their lots to beat the taxes... downside is it may be impossible to get any help or the car you want. start early and be ready to make a decision and buy. My trucar quote was $52,450 for an MSRP of $54,900.... I settled for $51,500 so aout $3,400 under MSRP before taxes which isnt too bad for a Hybrid. Hybrids are more acarce and harder to negotiate. I probably could have shaved off a few more dollars but they had the color and features I wanted so i grabbed it. I have the car hidden at work and I will spring it on my wife on Christmas morning, big red bow and everything. If you want a regular RX350, you can get a GREAT deal now in December, especially if you arent picky on color

Last edited by TampaOwner; 11-29-11 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-29-11, 05:46 PM
TampaOwner
Driver

its been my experience that the 0% and .9% are very gimmicky to get you in the showroom. you can have excellent credit and you still wont qualify...

2012 RX450 current
2012 Honda Pilot current
2004 RX330. old
2001 IS300. old

Last edited by TampaOwner; 11-29-11 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Christmas RX 350 2012