Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mod to Console Lid

Old 11-26-11, 02:21 PM   #1
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default Mod to Console Lid

Per an earlier posting I made here are the pics of the Console lid after removing the stops on it. It is easier to get inside it now. This is as far as you can go, it will start to hit the rear vents if it opens more. It was a pain and I don't recommend doing it unless you really need it to open more. First pic is before second is after.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

Old 11-26-11, 10:35 PM   #2
happy1977
Lead Lap

Thanks for posting!!!!
happy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-11, 09:22 AM   #3
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Nice! You're inspiring me. Gotta figure out how to turn the dash-mounted cup holder by the AC vent into a coin holder or similar. Could be as simple as a snug-fitting plastic cup, but I doubt it. I'm away from the car now so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 06:06 AM   #4
rxsuperman
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean View Post
Nice! You're inspiring me. Gotta figure out how to turn the dash-mounted cup holder by the AC vent into a coin holder or similar. Could be as simple as a snug-fitting plastic cup, but I doubt it. I'm away from the car now so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
I use my inside door handle well as a coin box...
rxsuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 06:24 AM   #5
tapau
Rookie

Hi JellyBean, you read my thoughts. I'm thinking I can put a piece of think felt w/stickey back. I'll have get some and try it.
tapau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 08:56 AM   #6
Sevn86
Lexus Test Driver

Naazim Maredia Sevn86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean View Post
I keep my coins in a small brown sack. I actually keep emergency money for gas or whatever in my cup holder near the drivers side vent. It's a place most people won't think to look. Sometimes I keep my iPhone 4 in there as well.
Has Premium, Comfort, and Nav packages, Factory Chrome 19" Sport Wheels, Tow Prep Package, Intuitive Park Assist, WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners, Llumar Window Tint 30% Front/ Limo Rear, V-LED Conversion Complete For Interior & Exterior Lights, HID Fog Lights, Custom License Plate, SES Chrome Door Handle Covers
Future Mods Complete
Build Thread
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-14, 02:59 PM   #7
satnav
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP7557 View Post
Per an earlier posting I made here are the pics of the Console lid after removing the stops on it. It is easier to get inside it now. This is as far as you can go, it will start to hit the rear vents if it opens more. It was a pain and I don't recommend doing it unless you really need it to open more. First pic is before second is after.
Hi this thread was exactly what was looking for. With such a big bin and a tiny opening it is counter productive. I know you say its a pain to do, but could you let me know how painful?

Thanks
satnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 04:27 PM   #8
rmhipo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnav View Post
Hi this thread was exactly what was looking for. With such a big bin and a tiny opening it is counter productive. I know you say its a pain to do, but could you let me know how painful?

Thanks
I'm with satnav. MEP: Are you able to send us instructions on how you accomplished this? Thank you!
Old 05-25-14, 04:27 PM