RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Fancy !!! What does your Lexus dealer have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-11, 05:48 PM
tapau
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fancy !!! What does your Lexus dealer have?

Went to Lexus of Pembroke Pines w/my new RX450h and was pleasantly surprised that I could get a complimentary manicure while I waited for my car. There was also a coffee bar with a barrista and miniature muffins ... yummy. I heard the dealership in North Miami has a gym and a day care. What does your Lexus dealer have?
Old 11-04-11, 05:58 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My dealer has "stock" of what I want to purchase every time. Even though I know they're pulling it from another dealer. That for me is service that I can take to the bank.
Aside from the free coffee,cookies, magazine and an ok lounge... Does the strip joint/bar in front counts as a perk?
Old 11-04-11, 06:05 PM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Barista's aren't the norm as far as I know. Definitely not the manicures. Here in Lehigh Valley we have:
  • Barista (coffee is flown in daily from some place the owner passed by on Rodeo Drive while on vaca in Cali)
  • Pastries (a local bakery featured on Food Network)
  • Daycare
  • Massage Chairs (mechanical ones, not a massage professional)
  • Business Center
  • Water, Coke products, juices
  • Ice Cream cooler (sandwiches, Klondike bars, Nutty Buddies, Fudgecicles, etc.)
  • Pretzels/Chips/fruit, etc
  • Seating area w/ huge TV
  • Fireplace

Having said that, LV Lexus is a smaller dealer. Lexus of Chester Springs is much larger and lacks the barista, daycare, chairs, and ice cream. Wonder what the driving factor is?
Old 11-04-11, 06:07 PM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by markrivers
Aside from the free coffee,cookies, magazine and an ok lounge... Does the strip joint/bar in front counts as a perk?
Ummm...
Old 11-04-11, 07:14 PM
BatmobileX
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks to me like Lexus of Palm Beach, where I'll be getting my service, has coffee, TV, and internet access—same thing I got at my Dodge dealership.
Old 11-04-11, 07:55 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Arrowhead Lexus Peoria AZ

Barista- pod brewed coffees of many variety's, Teas
Soda, Juice boxes
Pop Corn Machine, Sandwiches, Wraps, Veggie Platter
Chips, Cookies, Pastries, Fruit, Etc
Waiting area with Large screen TV
Private area with Internet
Putting Green
Our Café/ Barista is staffed by the most wonderful Woman I have met in a long time.
Old 11-05-11, 01:06 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

even though mine just went though a full remodel, it only has a lounge with drinks and finger foods and an office area with wifi
Old 11-05-11, 06:10 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
even though mine just went though a full remodel, it only has a lounge with drinks and finger foods and an office area with wifi
Same here. The two dealers I go to when needed (fortunately it's not often) are very nice facilities but neither have the ammenities mentioned here.
Old 11-05-11, 07:23 AM
jamiec
Driver

At Pohanka Lexus, Chantilly, Va we have:

Coffe, tea, water, juice and soda
Pastrie
Massage Chairs
Business Center
Snacks, pastries and fruit
Lounge with big screen TV

For me, this is plenty. If I had small children, a service center (with or without) daycare would be the last place I would want to take them (children bore easily). I'm more interested in the fact I can get a loaner and not have to hang out and the dealership. Don't get me wrong, some of the amenities listed above are nice, but, I'm more impressed by getting my service done quickly and done well so I can get on my way.
Old 11-05-11, 08:14 AM
djkidkris
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At McGrath Lexus in Westmont IL they have...

• A Koi pond
  • A little cafe with sandwiches and free bottled water and coffee
  • Free WiFi
  • Free Massages on Fridays
  • Free Shoe Shines on Weds
  • A play area for the kiddies
  • A lounge/waiting area with LCD TVs
  • BBQs on certain holidays
I'm looking forward to my next service hehe

PS...POST 100!!
Old 11-05-11, 08:32 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just remember we are paying for all of the 'free' stuff, it's rolled in to the high price of the Lexus purchase and the pricey service charges, so enjoy that blueberry muffin and fancy flavored coffee for it'll be in the bottom line on your service bill. Remember folks, and it should be obvious by now, THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH.
Old 11-10-11, 01:12 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by jamiec
At Pohanka Lexus, Chantilly, Va we have:

Coffe, tea, water, juice and soda
Pastrie
Massage Chairs
Business Center
Snacks, pastries and fruit
Lounge with big screen TV

For me, this is plenty. If I had small children, a service center (with or without) daycare would be the last place I would want to take them (children bore easily). I'm more interested in the fact I can get a loaner and not have to hang out and the dealership. Don't get me wrong, some of the amenities listed above are nice, but, I'm more impressed by getting my service done quickly and done well so I can get on my way.
I was out to that one a few years back when I was visiting family in DC and had to pick up some parts (was still living in Mexico at the time). That's a very nice looking dealership.
Old 11-10-11, 01:21 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

The one Lexus dealership that I frequented when I was in living Mexico was North Park Lexus in San Antonio (usually came up during holidays or a weekend) and that the time I last went through there it was better looking than most Lexus dealers I had seen and they did an A class job on price and getting my RX in and out before I headed back down south of the border.

I used to show people I knew at the Toyota dealer by me in Huixquilucan, Estado de Mexico (a suburb of Mexico City) photos of the Lexus dealers there (there's still on Lexus down there), but the Toyota dealers have an upscale environment there that really does a good job of emulating what Lexus does in the U.S.

P.S. and I still don't know when Lexus will get to Mexico, but they've been planning it, but the economy is rough.

Last edited by Lexmex; 11-10-11 at 01:36 PM. Reason: comment
Old 11-10-11, 01:27 PM
jamiec
Driver

Because I don't have small children, forgot to add that Pohanka Lexus of Chantilly also has a play area for children!
Old 11-10-11, 01:42 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I think my Lexus dealer tops them all. Small golf course, iPads for leisure and usage, massage chairs, Complimentary food and drinks. Tv's playing the cameras to watch your vehicle be serviced.. Hmm what else am I missing from JM Lexus.

Edit: a quiet study/reading area also.

Quick Reply: Fancy !!! What does your Lexus dealer have?