RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

New license plate frames

Old 07-29-11, 08:33 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts
Default New license plate frames

Well, finally after more than three months, I received the Lexus Japan license plate frames. They're painted to match - tungsten pearl. I like the 'Lexus RX' imprinted on them. That was a pleasant surprise. I got them because the front frame curves around the bottom part of the bumper and will look better than the bracket on there now. But I have to drill new holes in the frames because the holes don't match up. Oh well, at least the plates will hide it all. I hope to install them soon.
Attached Thumbnails New license plate frames-plate-front.jpg   New license plate frames-plate-rear.jpg  
Old 07-30-11, 08:05 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Will the license cover up the Lexus RX logo ? Where did you order these from ?
Old 07-30-11, 08:20 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Jim, the logo will be covered by the plate but it's definitely better than a plain frame. I ordered them from Nigel back in April. Here's the link:

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/Lexus-...se-Plate-frame

I know it's not for everyone especially at that price. But I really like the look up front.
Old 07-30-11, 10:38 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like those Anita. Looks to me like the front has more support and will not have a problem with a car wash etc. I'll have to check them out. I am glad we don't have to have a front plate here in AZ especially after reading some of the posts regarding casualties.
Old 07-30-11, 10:40 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK Just checked out the site. HOLY CRAP!!! You must be rich.....:-)
Old 07-30-11, 12:27 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

holy moly. Anita, living large
Old 07-30-11, 01:59 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just saw a door edges trimming for $65, couple chrome pieces of fog lights for $300, now a license frame for $300. Hmmmm, how can i be Steve Jobs to afford these?
Old 07-30-11, 02:55 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Well, finally after more than three months, I received the Lexus Japan license plate frames. They're painted to match - tungsten pearl. I like the 'Lexus RX' imprinted on them. That was a pleasant surprise. I got them because the front frame curves around the bottom part of the bumper and will look better than the bracket on there now. But I have to drill new holes in the frames because the holes don't match up. Oh well, at least the plates will hide it all. I hope to install them soon.
congrats on your new plate frames! should give your RXh a slightly more unique look to it.

as for the holes, i would look and see if you could add bumper plugs to cover it up. i don't know about you, but i personally can't stand the thought of holes with no purpose.
Old 07-30-11, 03:02 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by MEP7557
OK Just checked out the site. HOLY CRAP!!! You must be rich.....:-)
Originally Posted by RXSF
holy moly. Anita, living large
she's starting to become a baller!

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
Just saw a door edges trimming for $65, couple chrome pieces of fog lights for $300, now a license frame for $300. Hmmmm, how can i be Steve Jobs to afford these?
save, save, save. you can do it!
Old 07-30-11, 03:10 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

LOL guys. Only way I'd be rich is if I hit the lottery.

Storm, the holes will be hidden by the license plate so it won't bother me. It definitely is a different look. I like it. See how nice they look on the website. Probably would look great in aurora white
Old 07-30-11, 03:14 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by kitlz
Storm, the holes will be hidden by the license plate so it won't bother me. It definitely is a different look. I like it. See how nice they look on the website. Probably would look great in aurora white
you're probably right it would good in aurora white. however i'm not keen on drilling more holes into my bumper. on the contrary, i would probably go the reverse route (if it was legal) and go bare (ie: plateless). but that would mean filling out the holes and a new paint job. don't think i want to spend that kind of money!
Old 07-30-11, 03:26 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Storm, I'm drilling the holes in the frames, not the bumper. I hear ya' about no plate up front. It's required around here too. Not worth a ticket and filling those holes. Funny thing is the frames I have on now are technically illegal. The new frames will be ok.
Old 07-30-11, 04:10 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

With that kind of money invested in frames I would go to your hardware store and get plated domed bolts with hex key mounting to help thrwart some street urchin helping himself to your frames. All crooks will have a Phillips head screwdriver but having them fastened with metric hex key screws will often discourage them. I've got my plates put on like that and they look better than regular screws. Most hardware stores have metric threaded bolts in different lengths for easy replacement.

Last edited by Evitzee; 07-30-11 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-30-11, 04:20 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Evitzee, I have them on already. I need two different hex keys to remove my current frames. The new frames came with screws but I bought more of the secure ones to use with them. Already thought about that
Old 07-30-11, 08:45 PM
ecub
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look nice and clean. Do they come as a set? It doesn't specify on the website nor can you order front and/or back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New license plate frames